Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlwaysHopeToHelp, we can do what Steelslady did and post the news article and the initials of an interesting comment, but we can't discuss the comment here. hth :)

ETA what you can do is to start a conversation, either with one person or with up to I think six fellow posters in a thread and discuss things like this off the boards in that way.

DMcE is trying to raise money again? Really?
”Dustie Mcelwain helped search for Lucas. She says Glass' death now leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

"I'm hoping as well that with the notes that come out it will say what happened and if there is anybody involved in the case. I'm hoping if there is a person they'll come forward as well. They can answer the important stuff anyway" said Mcelwain.“

<modsnip>

I’m gonna alert this post myself because I’m not sure if we can discuss comments on Facebook when it’s on a news msm article or not. Mods please check and delete if needed and maybe let me know if it’s not allowed? Thanks!

No, discussing comments is not allowed, per TOS, unless it's a comment made by the administrator of an approved FB page. For example, if the post is made by KAKE news or something on FB, then the comment may be discussed here. If the comment is made by a random person or someone who claims to know something, it may not be discussed here. HTH

Last edited:
”Dustie Mcelwain helped search for Lucas. She says Glass' death now leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

"I'm hoping as well that with the notes that come out it will say what happened and if there is anybody involved in the case. I'm hoping if there is a person they'll come forward as well. They can answer the important stuff anyway" said Mcelwain.“

At the end they said she is raising money for a memorial bench or something like that.

Stepmom Dies in Apparent Suicide After Leading Investigator to Body of Missing 5-Year-Old Boy

"While declining to say whether there was anything revealed in those notes, a police spokesman said, “It was reported to us as a suicide” and would be investigated as such."

Why don’t they just call it a “death investigation”? That’s the truth, they are investigating to determine if it’s a suicide or homicide, and then once that’s determined they can call it what it is.

LE keeps trying to be neutral and sparking more questions.

Everyday EG free was a risk she'd take easy route! No answers, and heart breaking for justice for Lucas.

"...Emily Glass, 26, was charged with one count of endangering a one-year-old child who police confirm is Glass' daughter. She made her first appearance before a judge on Monday wearing a yellow uniform, which signifies an inmate on suicide watch".....
Stepmother appears in court amid frantic search for missing boy
She knew what she was in for,child killers are on the bottom of the rung in jail/prison the get less respect than a dog dropping. Still she should have stood up faced it.
I feel horrible for her sons,and MH.
They lose out the most. My heart hurts for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good LORD... I had to quit listening to this BS.. and I'm sorry, but NOPE, I have never done anything that would even come close to child endangerment..she was saying, everyone, before us, and after us, could be charged with child endangerment at one time or another, well, let me tell you that NOBODY in my family would ever even come close to being charged with any type of abuse..unbelievable
Then her alluding to her knowing how the courts work through her experiences, well I wonder what those experiences would be.

She knew what she was in for,child killers are on the bottom of the rung in jail/prison the get less respect than a dog dropping. Still she should have stood up faced it.
I feel horrible for her sons,and MH.
They lose out the most.
My heart hurts for them.
BBM
I hurt for them also. But their lives are better without her. They have a much better chance now.

Charges were brought against EG. She had a jury trial for child endangerment for taking her infant daughter MH to Olive Garden while allegedly high on marijuana. The jury acquitted her, largely because there was no evidence that she was actually intoxicated when she drove. Lucas was still missing at the time.

Then, the PI came, earned her trust/manipulated her and they found Lucas on the second day he spent with her. That was a combination of him taking her to places that LE had narrowed down, telling her it will be alright, and reading her body language as they drove. EG was arrested that night for obstruction of justice and providing false information to law enforcement.

After 72 business hours, she was released. The DA was not ready to proceed with those charges, likely because that would start the process of turning information over to EG's attorney. The DA likely wanted to wait for the rest of the investigation and autopsy to play out before showing any cards. So, she was released while LE and the DA built a case.

They are not to blame for the suicide. Only one person is. LE and the DA were making the best decisions to try to get a potential murder charge to stick.

As to how Lucas's case proceeds, it would have to be with charges against someone living. If EG is the only wrongdoer, there will be no trial.

But, the DA has said he is committed to pursuing the investigation until he is able to provide the family and the community with all the answers he can.
@kansasjason , I just want to give you a nod because you did a really good eof outlining how this process worked, without bias in either direction. As an attorney (although, as I said before, I never see a court room), you did a really good job giving a basic explanation of what happened.

Isn't there a difference between a rifle and a shotgun?

Differences Between Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns | ID | Hunter Ed.com™
  • Rifle
    • The rifle has a long barrel with rifling and thick walls to withstand high pressures. Rifling puts a spiral spin on a bullet fired from a rifle, increasing accuracy and distance.
    • Rifles are typically used for firing at stationary targets.
    • The bore of a rifle barrel is made for only one specific caliber of ammunition.
  • Shotgun
    • The shotgun has a long barrel and usually has a smooth bore to reduce friction. The barrel’s walls are thinner due to reduced pressures. If a shotgun is designed to fire slugs, it might have a rifled barrel.
    • Shotguns are typically used for shooting at moving targets in the air.
    • The bore of a shotgun barrel is made for only one specific gauge of ammunition.

My hope is that since EG is gone now, anyone who may have been protecting her will come forward with information. I'm sure they won't if it implicates themselves, but there may be bits and pieces that didn't "sit right" with EG's behavior and story that will help fit the pieces together better.

It seems pretty straightforward to me. Emily was abusive to LH, ultimately causing his death. She didn’t want anyone to find out, so she drove his body out into the country and put it under a bridge, then called police saying he was missing. Police knew from the beginning she was lying (we all did). They locked her up on what they could at the time.

Once she was released, the PI came in and got her to basically confess and show him where she left Lucas. She got lucky and didn’t have to stay locked up this time, but she knew it was just a matter of time before she would be back in jail, and she was angry that she couldn’t make anyone believe her lies this time. She’s obviously used to being around people who believed everything she said.

So she decided to make a dramatic, gruesome exit to this world, basically a big F-YOU to Jonathan like “look what you made me do!” She didn’t feel guilty - she felt trapped and had no escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018