Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOS states very specifically that we shouldn't tell each other how to post, and that was not my intention with my next few words. But, I personally will be doing this, and will put the idea out there for anyone else...that we not speak of (or limit discussion of) the crazy "friends" that were on the news and NG today. I think we all rationally know what they're saying is far fetched speculation at best, and in direct conflict of the evidence we have. Adding on to their 15 minutes of fame here disrespects Lucas, his memory, and his loved ones. So until I hear a decent source saying even an iota of what they say is true, I am done mentioning them because Lucas doesn't deserve that circus clouding his legacy.

Charges were brought against EG. She had a jury trial for child endangerment for taking her infant daughter MH to Olive Garden while allegedly high on marijuana. The jury acquitted her, largely because there was no evidence that she was actually intoxicated when she drove. Lucas was still missing at the time.

Then, the PI came, earned her trust/manipulated her and they found Lucas on the second day he spent with her. That was a combination of him taking her to places that LE had narrowed down, telling her it will be alright, and reading her body language as they drove. EG was arrested that night for obstruction of justice and providing false information to law enforcement.

After 72 business hours, she was released. The DA was not ready to proceed with those charges, likely because that would start the process of turning information over to EG's attorney. The DA likely wanted to wait for the rest of the investigation and autopsy to play out before showing any cards. So, she was released while LE and the DA built a case.

They are not to blame for the suicide. Only one person is. LE and the DA were making the best decisions to try to get a potential murder charge to stick.

As to how Lucas's case proceeds, it would have to be with charges against someone living. If EG is the only wrongdoer, there will be no trial.

But, the DA has said he is committed to pursuing the investigation until he is able to provide the family and the community with all the answers he can.
I have read a couple cases where the perpetrator was charged and tried after death. I realize those are very rare exceptions. Do you think that might happen here?

From what DM said I think EG was living there. Otherwise which house was DM referring to when he said the house was checked for guns?

I don't really know that staying on her own anywhere, let alone that house, was a very good idea. But I could be wrong about drawing that conclusion.

She must have been in the house for a while if she was writing three suicide notes.

My suspicion is that EG called JH and told him something that made him feel he ought to go over there, despite DM's warnings?

I did wonder if EG was staying with relatives again that maybe an uncle or someone might have had a hunting rifle and she grabbed it and took it with her to the house, but that doesn't tally with what DM said about a house being checked for guns.

As you say none of us has the answers to those excellent questions yet. I do hope they will come out. In the meantime we're all going to have different ideas.
Playing devil's advocate here... You can carry a note anywhere. She didn't have to write them there. I actually bet she wrote them over a couple days.

And DM said JH didn't own guns because the house was checked...And he specifically said this was about JH. That makes me think of JH lived there. But if the back door didn't latch she could easily get in, and even if that was repaired she wasn't above breaking and entering.

Last edited:
I think it's just weird that JH would go to that house with her there if he even knew she was there. I guess it's possible he came home late that night not knowing she was there and she killed herself there intending for him to find her. But even IF she called him to lure him out there it just seems like a beyond poor decision to go meet up with the woman you know mostly likely killed your son in the middle of the night. I'd like to think he'd be making better choices by now than that.

That said. Wow. I did not see that coming. I never see anything coming though. I know some people in jail currently on 2 million dollars bond who were in no way a physical threat to anyone. (Not defending what they did). But her super low bond while she was in jail and then being released after helping find the body just struck me as BEYOND nuts. I have never seen anyone in such a high profile case, almost certainly guilty of murder sent home while those in charge got around to getting their ducks in a row. She spent months in jail over possible endangerment. Even though I always assumed it was just an excuse to hold her while they looked for Lucas. And then she helps a PI find poor Lucas' body and she is released??

I'm just gobsmacked at all of this...........
I'm on a kick of playing devil's advocate tonight. So, I think he went home and didn't know she was thret. But, if your other scenario is right, and he went knowing she was there....what do we want from this guy? He got bashed because everyone here said theydt be unstoppable in finding the truth if LH were their kid, but now we're saying it wasn't wise for him to go if she was there? He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in the court of public opinion. (Not pointing fingers at anyone, I've gone every which way ony thoughts. Trying to say things that might be thought provoking for all of us)

This might sound silly,but is there ever a time when people can stop sitting on their fingers and tell us what they thought..like after a case?? Or does that happen privately? I noticed on the JonBenet threads people just spell out their theories. I am not wanting fb drama,just insight from fellow WS on what I could learn from this case.

Well, since you ask (and I’m not sure if I’m addressing your question correctly, but..), there’s a main reason I took a long hiatus as soon as Lucas was found. I want to say what it is but it is going to sound like it’s tooting my own horn and THaT is NOT how I want it to come off and why I didnt post this...let’s just say some of my thoughts and theories were so right on (as were others) that it was frankly scary. I want to post more about this, but again it’s not about me or bragging, but it is something I do want to address specifically one day because we are all here for our reasons, and it is educational and reflective (for lack of better words) to assess how our thought processes worked and unfolded in real time...sometimes I/we can be far off, or close, or in between and it is only through case resolution (in this instance, Lucas being finally found) that we can really self assess and evaluate how our minds worked during a case...just being here and caring about a victim is enough of course, please know this...but it just overwhelms me I could pull a ton of my own quotes which just gives me this feeling inside (NOT a good feeling, it’s adrenaline like in the sense I feel woozy...), the last thing I wanted to sound like “I told you so...”... please nobody misinterpret this post in terms of ego because that is not my gig...just know my instincts here in Lucas’ case specifically have reiterated to me why I’m here, with you guys. I truly believe that somehow, somewhere, someone reads, may read, may have read, and will read here something that could make a difference. I’m not explaining myself well...

Last edited:
I finally listened to it after work and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I’m no fan of NG but she didn’t give the friends of EG free reign like I was fearing after some of the commentary here. They have no credibility and her other guests did a good job of throwing shade on them.
I finally listened to it. At least NG knew they were full of it. I didn’t enjoy the giggles at the craziness.

I'm on a kick of playing devil's advocate tonight. So, I think he went home and didn't know she was thret. But, if your other scenario is right, and he went knowing she was there....what do we want from this guy? He got bashed because everyone here said theydt be unstoppable in finding the truth if LH were their kid, but now we're saying it wasn't wise for him to go if she was there? He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in the court of public opinion. (Not pointing fingers at anyone, I've gone every which way ony thoughts. Trying to say things that might be thought provoking for all of us)
I get what you're saying. JH was probably just trying to find answers. He is definitely damned whatever course he takes. Especially in public opinion.
NOT seeking to argue. Just trying to give a little bit of a different view as to maybe understanding what JH is having to deal with. Dude has been through a lot!

When the Delphi case broke (Abby and Libby), I think we were going through 2 threads per day for a while. Dylan Redwine and Holly Bobo's cases were also fast moving to the point of more than one thread per day for some time. I'm sure I'm missing other cases. But this case is getting up there with some of those in numbers of threads per week. When we start having days like this where 1 or 2 new threads are needed within 24 hours, it definitely keeps the moderators hopping.
With the new site I’m having a hard time finding certain cases with the search . I get no matches almost always now. Used to I’d get lots to sort through. Now I have a bunch of opened tabs on my browser. I usually have to search through trending topics before. Stumble on the case it took a couple hours last night to find Charlees. Ive never heard of the Abby and Libby case except on here in comments , I’m in the middle of the DeOrr threads now had never heard of that one either. But does anyone have a handy link for the Abby /Libby threads? I’ll figure it out eventually I hope but in the meantime?

Okay so I had to skim cause y'all have been busy but if you didn't listen to the NG podcast (not sure if everyone broke and did) DO IT. It was one of the most bizarre things I have EVER listened to in my life. I listened to it on my commute home and there were multiple times I yelled out "WHAT?! This can't be real" Like I think it is only just now sinking in that that was a real interview. Insanity. Okay, gonna go skim more.

With the new site I’m having a hard time finding certain cases with the search . I get no matches almost always now. Used to I’d get lots to sort through. Now I have a bunch of opened tabs on my browser. I usually have to search through trending topics before. Stumble on the case it took a couple hours last night to find Charlees. Ive never heard of the Abby and Libby case except on here in comments , I’m in the middle of the DeOrr threads now had never heard of that one either. But does anyone have a handy link for the Abby /Libby threads? I’ll figure it out eventually I hope but in the meantime?

(Oh boy do we ever. There are only 80 or 90 something...

Standby.

ETA: Thread 1:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Media thread:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION )

Last edited:
Just sitting here and pondering all the latest events involving this case. I must say, I am still dumbfounded. If this were a movie, instead of a real event, I'm pretty sure most of us would be shaking our heads in disbelief that all this could even happen! Sad but true!
Funny but not funny , I was thinking earlier I felt like I was reading a script for a Lifetime movie . Plots so twisted that you know they couldn’t be feasible in real life. Yet here we are.

I get what you're saying. JH was probably just trying to find answers. He is definitely damned whatever course he takes. Especially in public opinion.
NOT seeking to argue. Just trying to give a little bit of a different view as to maybe understanding what JH is having to deal with. Dude has been through a lot!
I agree completely, and no need to worry about arguing with me. I basically argue for a living, and enjoy it. I think respectfully disagreeing with people is where you can learn the most....if you're willing to.

Is thread 1 the very beginning were they reported missing first or found deceased ? I can’t believe so many of these I’ve never heard of ! Especially DeOrr since it was so resent and social media was so available. I never came across a missing post for him or anything. That’s how I hear of non local cases now, then I come here to check more into it. No idea how I missed that one !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee