Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshburn has started working on another missing case- Cole Thomas: Smithfield private investigator finds missing boy's body in Kansas

“David was just the right guy at the right time,” said Hunter Glass, Marshburn’s partner. “He came in, he really read them correctly. He understood where he needed to go with his conversation and that’s where he went.”
<Snip>
Marshburn brought closure to the Kansas family, but his work hasn't stopped.

The Smithfield-based agency is now working on the disappearance of Cole Thomas, who went missing Thanksgiving weekend in 2016 in Johnston County.

Marshburn says they're getting close to some results.

Cole's thread: NC - NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Last edited:
This is directed at no one in particular. We all know *beating* (abusing) a child is wrong. Many believe that spanking a child is a legitimate form of discipline, others believe it is wrong. The problem is that abusers often justify their actions: I spanked (discipline) versus beat (anger).

I knew someone who whenever angry at her stepson, would grab him roughly by the arm, and swat him twice on the bottom. Disciplining him, she said. And I truly believed she thought that, although it was clear she was being punitive. There seemed to be a real disconnect with her. Child abusers never seem to recognize that their actions are abusive. They’re operating under a very different, very wrong, script. It’s not a defense.

Child Mandated Reporters According to KSA 38-2223

• Persons licensed to practice the healing arts
  • dentistry and optometry
  • persons engaged in post graduate training programs approved by the state board of healing arts
  • licensed professional or practical nurses
  • chief administrative officers of medical care facilities
  • Licensed psychologists
  • licensed masters level psychologists
  • licensed clinical psychotherapists
  • licensed social workers
  • licensed marriage and family therapists
  • licensed clinical marriage and family therapists
  • licensed professional counselors
  • licensed clinical professional counselors
  • registered alcohol and drug abuse counselors
  • teachers
  • school administrators
  • other employees of an educational institution which the child is attending
  • persons licensed by the secretary of health and environment to provide child care services
  • the employees of persons so licensed at the place where the child care services are being provided to the child
  • firefighters
  • emergency medical services personnel
  • law enforcement officers
  • juvenile intake and assessment workers
  • court services officers and community corrections officers
  • case managers appointed under K.S.A. 23-1001 et seq., and amendments thereto
  • mediators appointed under K.S.A. 23-602, and amendments thereto
Mandated Reporters for CPS are usually professional folks, like teachers, social workers, medical professionals, EMT, LE...family members would only fall into the "mandated reporter" if they were in one of these professions

Soooooo, technically, EG’s cousin was a mandated reporter since she was/is a certified nurse’s aide.

I agree. I suppose I should have better explained in my original post that my wondering why it doesn't seem to be a priority for him or even on his radar doesn't mean I feel he is a fit parent who can provide a safe, stable, loving home. I was already questioning that.

Those thoughts/doubts were compounded when I realized that he had never mentioned her in interviews or articles; there was never a mention of a desire to "get MH back" along with his desire to find Lucas. Sad. Depressing really, for MH, even if she is better off with different caregivers in a different home.

I haven't heard him mention MH either. However, I don't doubt that he loves LH and MH. It's sad any of this happened - it didn't have to be their story. It's heartbreaking on so many levels.

I just have to say this. I've been in the court system. I've worked for attorneys even. I come from a legal family background. I don't claim to know much, but I'm familiar with family court. It's typically called liars court.
I believe that EG's ex did not want his sons around her at all......for their own protection. She gained unsupervised custody. I'm sure he worried sick every time he had to drop his sons off to her for 7 hours on a Sunday visitation. I think when JH stopped the ex's one son with a rough push (I'm not saying it was ok) he used it to his advantage in the courts to keep his sons away from EG. I feel certain this was his goal.

I believe JH was/is a loving father. He loved and trusted the wrong woman. She played him. I've seen it time and again.
I don't think right now is the right time for him to take custody of his daughter. He can't possibly be in a good place right now. I really hurt for him.
But I do think he will protect his daughter when he gets her back. I believe he's had a huge wake up call!
I also believe he needs some guidance. I think he has a good family that will nurture him thru this. And amazingly, I think Jamie will help him enormously. She and her family are good people.

I generally sit on my hands with regards to my thoughts particularly on JH but the public statements released by he and JO are just so classy. Especially knowing they've had a rocky relationship throughout the years, the united front they are presenting for their son and the eloquence and grace of their statements is incredible.

I agree 100%! For these two parents to have been through the extreme turmoil they have suffered, this statement they put out is beautifully written from people who are very tender hearted, loved their son with all their soul, and have written from their hearts. The eloquence they show brought me to tears. If only Lucas could have experienced this part of their love.

Did they ever state when the autopsy is meant to be completed for Emily? Can we expect to have an answer on that one preliminary or do you believe it will wait as well until toxicology?

I hope so, at least put it to rest that she did commit suicide. It has taken the focus off of poor Lucas, and how the police were back at their residence checking out the bathroom. Good grief, that seems like eons ago, doesn't it? Even though it was just earlier in the week.

I hope so, at least put it to rest that she did commit suicide. It has taken the focus off of poor Lucas, and how the police were back at their residence checking out the bathroom. Good grief, that seems like eons ago, doesn't it? Even though it was just earlier in the week.

Proving once again EG's selfish stubbornness.

I'd charted the property layout & will be watching to see which area she'd chosen to perform this act- perhaps to cover up or inadvertently explain some of what we've been unable to ascertain up until now.

Proving once again EG's selfish stubbornness.

I'd charted the property layout & will be watching to see which area she'd chosen to perform this act- perhaps to cover up or inadvertently explain some of what we've been unable to ascertain up until now.
Smart my friend! To cover up. Hadn't though about that perspective.
You know, once I realized the evil that lurks amongst us my whole perspective changed on how some people work. It's a weird world some exist in. I'm sorry I ever had to look at it. But it's made me more aware. I understand others now better. And I'm open to seeing it even if it makes me sick.

I think mental illness and drugs played a big part in EG behavior which is absolutely no excuse for what happened to Lucas. I do wonder what kind of person EG would of been with proper mental health treatment and no drug use.

This is a very interesting question to me...

We do know that there are other people who have hurt and killed children without any drug use.

Grace is a powerful thing.
Again, the last words of slain police officer Montrell Jackson comes to mind, "Do not let hate infect your heart." He posted these words on his Facebook shortly before he was killed in Louisiana race riots.

We have seen here many cases where the families of slain victims have been able to somehow forgive. I have always been amazed by this. (We have of course also seen conversely).

Without getting o/t, I want to say, on the subject of grace, that for the first time in my life recently I experienced something like this. I have always been a person that has had a hard time letting things go, had strong feelings of resentment, holding grudges. Recently something happened that was quite bad, not as bad as the abuse and death of Lucas, but still quite bad. Miraculously I was able to somehow let it go as best as possible, because otherwise it would have literally eaten me alive. Hate, resentment, anger, these are all toxic frequencies for which I realized I have little room left for. It could be because I'm older and have other problems/challenges which do not allow any space for other such negative things, its literally sink or swim and I will sink if I let negativity into my being...as for what happened to Lucas, there are no words to justify his abuse and murder...and had I been his family I don't know where I'd be now with my emotions, not sure if I would or could find grace...but just wanted to say it was an amazing new place I'd never been, grace. Again, had death ot injury occurred in my situation, I might be in a different place. In fact I know I would, and this scares me.

Last edited:
Thank God they didn't let JH have MH. He was willing with open arms to take Emily back into his home! At that time he wasn't an appropriate placement for MH. She might very well have been dead by now.
I have an ex sister in law who found herself to be mentally ill when her children were young. She became suicidal. Within her suicidal logic, she felt she must take her children with her, which made her also homicidal. The court was right for MH. JH would have taken Emily back, which would have put MH in harms way.

I've been wanting to ask this question. I know it seems/appears JH did support EG at one time: is there aaaany way he was faking this to find answers from her as to Lucas' whereabouts and/or solicit a confession? Do we know for sure that his support of her was sincere? I just can't wrap my head around him being that whipped or deluded or in denial...tia.

Last edited:
I am just going to throw this out there. I don't want JH to be able to regain custody of his daughter. I don't want the baby to be left with some girlfriend, while JH goes back to working out of state. I want someone who loves children to foster, and eventually adopt MH. I want her to have a good life, and not let history repeat itself. MH deserves to be with someone who is able to make healthy choices and not choices out of convenience. Lucas deserved better, and he won't ever get that chance. But, it isn't too late for MH to have a chance at having a happy life.

I love this post because while my first reaction is surely he's smart enough to never repeat that mistake, leaving her with some meth girlfriend, etc, the reality is imo is it worth taking that chance? It's like the old saying, "Shame on you the first time, but if there's a second time, shame on me." When it comes to protecting the children, we just can't take these chances, moo. Imagine if something happened again, we'd all be like "why was he allowed after what happened with Lucas..."

I admit this post is somewhat harsh and if I've crossed any lines I apologize, please delete.

But even if they don’t know how to love and nurture I really believe EG knew it was wrong to beat him. Right and Wrong she knew it wrong and even admitted it. This just came to me not a lot of thought given to it yet. But maybe a foundation in Lucas name that helps people like JO andFLA and the family in NM who report abuse and get no help. Help them maneuver the system

I love this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member