Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't offended me, I can promise you that! I look forward to your perspective, always, because you never fail to make me think. I guess because of my own belief in the possibility of change & healing often forces me to look at situations more from a intervention/prevention standpoint than a justice standpoint...? I want justice but my mind always first goes to asking myself how I might approach a person veering down a similar path--what would I say to let this person know it's ok to admit fault and seek help? Yet, we cannot permit this person to avoid justice for past behavior--part of change is owning up to what we've done already. And those who have followed my waffling on JH closely know I can't make up my own mind about him -- I keep telling myself that being in a situation is different than viewing it from the outside, but it's often not near enough.

I think your views are balanced quite well between head and heart, and I know I could always use some more balance in my thinking--you're like a dose of fruit & veggies after I've binged on PopTarts and coffee!! I can promise you I need more fruits & veggies. {{Hugs}}

What scares me is all the other "Lucas'" out there...right now as we speak...

I just have to say this. I've been in the court system. I've worked for attorneys even. I come from a legal family background. I don't claim to know much, but I'm familiar with family court. It's typically called liars court.
I believe that EG's ex did not want his sons around her at all......for their own protection. She gained unsupervised custody. I'm sure he worried sick every time he had to drop his sons off to her for 7 hours on a Sunday visitation. I think when JH stopped the ex's one son with a rough push (I'm not saying it was ok) he used it to his advantage in the courts to keep his sons away from EG. I feel certain this was his goal.

I learn something new every day here!

Liar's Court, huh?

"Liar’s Court

By Bill Swadley

I’ve had the opportunity, albeit not by choice, to spend a few days at family court over the past six months. Family court, I was told by one lawyer who has spent the last 25 years in that area of his profession, is also known as “Liar’s Court.” The reason It’s called this is very simple: Almost everyone lies. They lie for various reasons. For personal gain, mostly, and sometimes out of a genuine concern for the welfare of the children involved.

In a perfect world, the mission of family court is to ensure that any agreement between the parents is in the best interest of the children. This, of course, would be a difficult task were everyone being forthright and honest, but when most everyone is playing fast and loose with the truth, it becomes a near impossibility.

What I witnessed most commonly was the old “he said/she said” routine. In most cases, this was all there was. Neither party had any evidence to present, so they made false claims about each other, which left the judge to decide who was lying least (or maybe who was lying better?) This was usually how it went. There were instances where one party or the other did have evidence that had been filed with the court. In those rare instances, the judge still proceeded as if it were a case of “he said, she said” and largely ignored any evidence in favor of hearing arguments.

There are many problems in the family court system and they vary in degree and severity, sometimes particular to the state or county in question, but from what I’ve witnessed, read, and been told, the level of dishonesty displayed by the parties and their lawyers in family court is consistent and pervasive."

*more at link
Liar's Court | HuffPost

Thoughts at 4am...sorry for multiple posts but I think I'm the only one up lol...

So, IF EG had assistance, at least after the fact, this means that she has not thrown them under the bus (as we know it), even though she led DM to Lucas' body.

So, is this her not mentioning them as to protect them? Or is there really nobody to tell on?

After three months I don't believe there would BE a mark. I think any fractures would be very difficult to pin to a specific object. If Lucas had been found immediately.... maybe.
Fractures at the time of death would be "frozen in time" after death fractures do not heal.
Any old healing.fractures would also be seen on xray and the stage of healing could date back several months to a year.
These fractures (if visible) would need to be explained by past medical records or if left untreated, an answer would need to be provided.
MOO

Fractures at the time of death would be "frozen in time" after death fractures do not heal.
Any old healing.fractures would also be seen on xray and the stage of healing could date back several months to a year.
These fractures (if visible) would need to be explained by past medical records or if left untreated, an answer would need to be provided.
MOO

Jinx, I was just thinking about that.

Soooooo, technically, EG’s cousin was a mandated reporter since she was/is a certified nurse’s aide.

Child Mandated Reporters According to KSA 38-2223

• Persons licensed to practice the healing arts
  • dentistry and optometry
  • persons engaged in post graduate training programs approved by the state board of healing arts
  • licensed professional or practical nurses
  • chief administrative officers of medical care facilities
  • Licensed psychologists
  • licensed masters level psychologists
  • licensed clinical psychotherapists
  • licensed social workers
  • licensed marriage and family therapists
  • licensed clinical marriage and family therapists
  • licensed professional counselors
  • licensed clinical professional counselors
  • registered alcohol and drug abuse counselors
  • teachers
  • school administrators
  • other employees of an educational institution which the child is attending
  • persons licensed by the secretary of health and environment to provide child care services
  • the employees of persons so licensed at the place where the child care services are being provided to the child
  • firefighters
  • emergency medical services personnel
  • law enforcement officers
  • juvenile intake and assessment workers
  • court services officers and community corrections officers
  • case managers appointed under K.S.A. 23-1001 et seq., and amendments thereto
  • mediators appointed under K.S.A. 23-602, and amendments thereto
Mandated Reporters for CPS are usually professional folks, like teachers, social workers, medical professionals, EMT, LE...family members would only fall into the "mandated reporter" if they were in one of these professions

I’m sorry I’m not following...can someone please explain this, tia.

Thoughts at 4am...sorry for multiple posts but I think I'm the only one up lol...

So, IF EG had assistance, at least after the fact, this means that she has not thrown them under the bus (as we know it), even though she led DM to Lucas' body.

So, is this her not mentioning them as to protect them? Or is there really nobody to tell on?

I'm almost always up at this time anymore.

If LE has anything on others, they'll save it for the trial/s, no?

'Everyone else' is an afterthought in EG's mind, sort of like failsafe mechanisms when she can't manage a thing on her own insipid insight.

Musing on those central figures who are vital to this case yet have no place in it, so to speak.

AgeofAquarius said:
Batman cape and Lime green shoes.
Cherubic face,and shining smile.
Imprinted in our hearts,and souls.
Forever now you shall be.
Lucas Lucas in our memories.

( Tears rolling)

bat-man-smiley-face.gif

angel1-smiley-face.gif

rose-smiley.gif

(Ftr I usually try to consolidate my posts late at night but haven’t learned yet how to delete here...is there an FYI thread for the new platform? Tia. )

(ETA: Ugh pages and pages of Korean spam new threads created...mods are going to have their work cut out for them this morning)

(ETA: Also, before the software upgrade we could see who and how many members/guests were viewing a particular thread—is that capability still here? I’m not seeing it..tia. I see who all is online...)

Last edited:
I’m sorry I’m not following...can someone please explain this, tia.

Thank you for posting these statutes. This is the statutory mandated list of occupations who (by law) are required to report suspicions of abuse in any context.

In another state we finally had to define “abuse”, even after definitions there were questions mainly with emotional abuse.

Lucas not only suffered physical abuse, but in all likelihood suffered a great deal of emotional conflict trying to understand what he had done to EG and her the reason she didn’t “ like him anymore”. He probably never had a moments peace from the time she came into his life.

Anyway every professional on that list also, IMO, also failed him. With the exception of school employees and the family who did file reports, each medical provider he visited should have erred on the side of caution when he lost weight and appeared to have bruises in the shape of an iron, etc. it might be interesting to see the true source of the nite written on the prescription pad EG used as an explanation.

Lucas had “bruises and injuries were consistent with a fall” when EG said he fell off monkey bars while playing. I think she was anticipating having people question her about them.

This woman was very manipulative, cunning and dishonest. Imo she had been getting away with lying her way through her entire life.

I have seen people exactly like her try to get close to me and my family. I eliminated them immediately. They are a cancer that eats away at happiness. They control, manipulate and successfully ruin the people closest to them. And usually lay the blame on the very people they supposedly “love”.

Maybe this week will bring some answers. I hope so.

Oh I think the ex will go through with this- JH hurt HIS son. In my opinion, if that were my child, the gloves would be off, no matter who it was or whatever they were currently going through. Let's not forget, this happened before Lucas disappeared, and there was previous domestic altercations in the past to which his children may have witnessed. He might also do this to make sure JH doesn't have a chance to harm another child again, meaning, his own.

They will see it through. Imo in some states there is some recognition for step parents rights. I don’t want to open up the can if worms and discuss EG and JH legal relationship status, but if her ex wants to truly protect those boys he will follow it up and ask the DA to move forward. All of the children involved in this matter deserve protection at this point to the fullest extent of the law. At least in the near future. They need time and hopefully a strong compassionate therapist to guide them through this mess. I pray they all get the help they need.

If I post it’s my opinion.

I think mental illness and drugs played a big part in EG behavior which is absolutely no excuse for what happened to Lucas. I do wonder what kind of person EG would of been with proper mental health treatment and no drug use.

And that makes me so sad about this whole situation :(. There is no excuse for her actions and behaviour, but I can't help feeling sorry for her parents and sibling who have lost a daughter and sister. We don't know how they feel, but I guess they are suffering terribly and will ask themselves for the rest of their lives "what if " ? A young life wasted:(:(
JMO

(Thank you very much for clearing that up for me, Charlie. I’m embarrassed to say I had a total brain fart as I was thinking of “reporters” in the journalistic context when I saw the posts. Duh.)

No problem. I’ve seen some pretty serious abuse cases and they’re ugly.

While I sure don’t care for the entire case,there’s potentially some positives that can result.

Lucas’ Legacy could be one that changes the law for everything that went wrong for him.

At times I have to remember this forum is about him, what happened to him and potentially what good can come if it.

Every post teaches us that each of us has great thoughts and perspectives about what we can do as a civilized society to not allow a 5 year old child die as a result of abuse or neglect. Never again.

Thank you Tricia and MODS for keeping me on subject and task. And thanks for the forum can’t imagine the time you give to maintain it with the obvious dedication you show every single day.

What can we take from Lucas’ 30 something threads to help save the next ones?

It shouldn't take a random caseworker arbitrarily deciding based on abusers words and cursory glances whether a child's life is at risk.

I knew this 30 years ago. Government is just too good to make that one itty bitty change. Move the heck up off 'has to be in dire threat of dying right this minute' to Child is suffering.

When adults and agencies recognize the cost our next generation is paying by pretending everything is fine, it will end.

But it never will. Because everyone wants to point the finger instead of stand for that one little truth... abuse is so intolerable we won't even look at it to recognize it where it is.

Again, the last words of slain police officer Montrell Jackson comes to mind, "Do not let hate infect your heart." He posted these words on his Facebook shortly before he was killed in Louisiana race riots.

We have seen here many cases where the families of slain victims have been able to somehow forgive. I have always been amazed by this. (We have of course also seen conversely).

Without getting o/t, I want to say, on the subject of grace, that for the first time in my life recently I experienced something like this. I have always been a person that has had a hard time letting things go, had strong feelings of resentment, holding grudges. Recently something happened that was quite bad, not as bad as the abuse and death of Lucas, but still quite bad. Miraculously I was able to somehow let it go as best as possible, because otherwise it would have literally eaten me alive. Hate, resentment, anger, these are all toxic frequencies for which I realized I have little room left for. It could be because I'm older and have other problems/challenges which do not allow any space for other such negative things, its literally sink or swim and I will sink if I let negativity into my being...as for what happened to Lucas, there are no words to justify his abuse and murder...and had I been his family I don't know where I'd be now with my emotions, not sure if I would or could find grace...but just wanted to say it was an amazing new place I'd never been, grace. Again, had death ot injury occurred in my situation, I might be in a different place. In fact I know I would, and this
M
Wonderful well thought eloquently written post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase