Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he must have seen it but he chose Emily over Lucas. I believe he loves Lucas, but that guilt will stay with him and he can't run from it.

Absolutely. But that is why I can't just let him off. It was his job to protect Lucas. He failed.

No one was giving my relative a hall pass when his wife killed their baby. And they shouldn't. I don't get it with JH.

Yes, he must have seen it but he chose Emily over Lucas. I believe he loves Lucas, but that guilt will stay with him and he can't run from it.

This can not be any more clear, imo. He sure did choose her over Lucas imo, just like all the women out there who choose and have chosen boyfriends over the safety and well-being of their kids. How many times do we hear about the mom’s boyfriend...how can we say this is different?

I had a similar situation, and let’s just say I didn’t choose the abusive man to put others in danger. The minute I knew a potential propensity, he had to hit the road. As much as I loved him.

(Eta: lol Ana, similar posts at the same time)

Last edited:
I've just starting following Lucas' story a few days ago. I'm curious as to why Jamie didn't have custody (not judging, curious) would some one link me to the post/media info. TIA
We have a family member of Jamie's in this group, and she told us early on Jamie had something going on in life that made her not feel she could give Lucas the best home he needed. She told us it was NOT a drug issue, but did not want to give further details our of privacy for JO.

Quoting & responding to @nyvictoria :

"This is JMHO and I have no professional knowledge regarding reporting child abuse. Isn’t the best action to take the child to the ER? The abuse can be documented and police or CPS called on the spot."

This is a good question and a topic that I think is worthy of discussion at some point (not necessarily here, but in relation to CPS reform/awareness).

*edited to add the post I was quoting - not sure where it went initially*

Last edited:
I can’t help but wonder if we reaaaaally knew exactly what all happened to Lucas it would be too much for our hearts to bare...

But as I’ve said in other cases before, when I wanted to bow out sometimes because it was too much, if the victim had to go through it then surely we can brave enough.

(It is very important to know when to step away of course, again one of the most important skills a WSer should have, moo. I’ve had to do it several times. Sherin’s case is a prime example.)

i very much think this is likely too. ive always subscribed to theory EG took her anger out on LH due to issues with JH but i also always pictured it in a larger sense; re almost anything could go wrong in EGs life and its somehow JH/the man in her life who is supposed to be her anchor is to blame.

for example, lets say your above scenario is correct. i bet EG was all like "if JH werent ALWAYS away for work, i could keep these boys under control. how can someone expect me to take care of them 24/7". bam, shes the victim and has a reason to lash out at LH.

another reason i find this so likely is 3 boys - there are going to be bruises and scrapes and lots of mischief. normal bruises, scrapes and mischief but EG knew she couldnt afford to be under scrutiny bc Lucas' family/the school was already onto her.
Imo
Lucas began dying on the 11th from injuries inflicted on or before that date? Remember the throwing up? The medication for it? ( Maybe internal injuries undetected by Dr.) Her giving LH. And MH a 'bath'? ( She left his body in the tub for a how long?) Before dumping him under the bridge? 13th? When neighbor saw her SUV parked back in?neighbor wouldn't think much of it at the time because they're still moving in.

She tried so hard to clean it all up, but that horrible smell would not go away. Her methed out paranoia got to her,so she called LL and made up a story about sewer blah blah blah.
But then how to explain away Lucas missing????? Who to blame? Frame???
LE knew right off Lucas wasn't abducted,and didn't just walk off.
How?They check every room in the house looking for clues, child's belongings,writing,anything,any sign,trace. ( they did when my youngest went missing)

Imo
Lucas began dying on the 11th from injuries inflicted on or before that date? Remember the throwing up? The medication for it? ( Maybe internal injuries undetected by Dr.) Her giving LH. And MH a 'bath'? ( She left his body in the tub for a how long?) Before dumping him under the bridge? 13th? When neighbor saw her SUV parked back in?neighbor wouldn't think much of it at the time because they're still moving in.

She tried so hard to clean it all up, but that horrible smell would not go away. Her methed out paranoia got to her,so she called LL and made up a story about sewer blah blah blah.
How?They check every room in the house looking for clues, child's belongings,writing,anything,any sign,trace. ( they did when my youngest went missing)

According to the neighbors who saw Lucas on the 11th there was a bruise on Lucas' face, just under his eye. When and how did that bruise occur?

Imo

This makes sense timeline wise, moo. Then there was this fiasco re the 14th...if he was already gone...

I hated that we always had to rely on that LL sighting. I really did. (Yes we can choose to believe the VIs or not, just saying that aspect really put a crick in things examination wise, moo.)

We have a family member of Jamie's in this group, and she told us early on Jamie had something going on in life that made her not feel she could give Lucas the best home he needed. She told us it was NOT a drug issue, but did not want to give further details our of privacy for JO.

....which is another gutwrenching thing about this whole story, just heartbreaking that Jamie wanted to do the right thing for Lucas, but who could have known? :(

Absolutely. But that is why I can't just let him off. It was his job to protect Lucas. He failed.

No one was giving my relative a hall pass when his wife killed their baby. And they shouldn't. I don't get it with JH.

Sorry about your loss.

I remember when I was little in 1963 when a neighbor girl killed her baby. Everyone knew but it was not the kind of thing people discussed openly. Thank heaven times changed and society has recognized infanticide, named it and tries to prevent it. As is with child abuse and yes the circumstances surrounding Lucas murder.
Being able to openly and freely discuss it here goes a very long way to preventing this from happening again.

I would hope DCF has already implemented, at least on paper stronger guidelines and mandates from the public pressure alone.

Much of that anger and resulting changes starts right here.

Lucas most likely began to experience abuse 3 years ago when EG Came into his home. It probably escalated and he didn’t understand. In my opinion kids realize when they are targeted and singled out for harsh punishment. EG was good at manipulation and explaining that he was just a little boy playing rough and falling down.

At some point Lucas relatives realized that he was more bruised than the other kids and began to watch and worry. They’d ask themselves when the bruises most often happened and did the right thing reporting abuse to officials. If only one person at DCF had removed him and his sister from the home we wouldn’t even know his name.

No one expected what was yet to come and the tragedy that would happen to Lucas Hernandez. He was never intended to become a name in this forum. But EG wasn’t finished, she either killed him outright or neglected him until his body couldn’t take it anymore. Either way she is responsible.

Ending her life as she did was the ultimate avoidance to accept responsibility for what she had done. LE didn’t believe her story the minute they heard it. At some point she realized that she was unlikely to get away with it. She went a step further and inflicted emotional abuse in an entire community, because every day she knew people were combing Wichita to find him. And everyday she kept the secret about Lucas location. She tried to lay suspicions on anyone but EG fueling rumors against anyone. LE had to investigate each until she was the only POI left.

And only then did she inflict one final blow to JH. She dilerberately chose a weapon that would do horrific damage so that when he discovered her body that image would stay with him forever.

EG was evil. And that’s exactly how she will be remembered. By her own hand and as a result of her free will and choice.

Last edited:
But even if they don’t know how to love and nurture I really believe EG knew it was wrong to beat him. Right and Wrong she knew it wrong and even admitted it. This just came to me not a lot of thought given to it yet. But maybe a foundation in Lucas name that helps people like JO andFLA and the family in NM who report abuse and get no help. Help them maneuver the system

Oh, wow what a great idea. My mind is already racing with what could be done. Love this!

I'm quoting you kkdj, but it's not necessarily directed at you. I can't get with all of this "love" and understanding that there is for JH. Ok, yes, she played him. He trusted the wrong woman, but, and I hope no one minds me voicing my opinion here, but the poor boy was covered in injuries, head to toe. His face, his arms even his little bottom. We could see it the minute we saw the photos. No one looking at those photos would say "oh, don't worry, he just fell." Yes, it's terrible that he has lost his son, but I feel like I am the only one not giving this guy a hall pass. He left his injured child with a woman who was clearly injuring him. It's not like he never saw the injuries... I don't understand how anyone can pass this off as "he loved the wrong woman". The evidence was there to see.

Not a lot to add.....just agreeing with you AnaP - no hall pass from me either. And someone asked if anyone thought his support for EG was real or just an act to gain info......I believe real.....even after she lead DM to Lucas. You can tell in his NG interview....just no anger/disgust/outrage. Just my own very STRONG opinions.

Not a lot to add.....just agreeing with you AnaP - no hall pass from me either. And someone asked if anyone thought his support for EG was real or just an act to gain info......I believe real.....even after she lead DM to Lucas. You can tell in his NG interview....just no anger/disgust/outrage. Just my own very STRONG opinions.

Echoing what you are saying about supporting her kmartin96. He didn't have half of the bad things to say about EG as I would... and I am completely unrelated to this case.

This is JMHO and I have no professional knowledge regarding reporting child abuse. Isn’t the best action to take the child to the ER? The abuse can be documented and police or CPS called on the spot.

Yes, it can expedite things BUT you have to be in custody of a child to take them to the ER. So none of those family members calling CPS could just go take him physically from a parent and take him to the ER. IME also while I've seen an ER doctor call CPS on a family they did not have CPS come in immediately and take a child. They followed the same standard of following up with the parent later after they left the ER.

I can't imagine they will drop the charges - he is charged with battery on a child. There should be outrage if they do it needs to go to court and either found guilty or not guilty.
I totally agree that the charges against JH should not be dropped. He hurt a child, period. For all we know, he could have also hurt Lucas. This case is not over by a long shot. I've learned over the years not to assume what the ending of a case will be. I've been surprised in the past when I thought the guilty party was a no brainer. Now, nothing surprises me. At this time we do not know who killed or maybe dealt a mortal blow to Lucas or when. All we know is that EG took DM to Lucas' body. It all looks pretty clear from the surface but I've learned over the years to wait for the final medical reports and to wait until the investigation has run its course. JMO

I totally agree that the charges against JH should not be dropped. He hurt a child, period. For all we know, he could have also hurt Lucas. This case is not over by a long shot. I've learned over the years not to assume what the ending of a case will be. I've been surprised in the past when I thought the guilty party was a no brainer. Now, nothing surprises me. At this time we do not know who killed or maybe dealt a mortal blow to Lucas or when. All we know is that EG took DM to Lucas' body. It all looks pretty clear from the surface but I've learned over the years to wait for the final medical reports and to wait until the investigation has run its course. JMO

Good to see you back, @lonetraveler

I respect your thoughts on all this and agree with a lot of what you stated. Your comments about the gender reversal, we have seen time and time again on WS where people are so angry when a child dies at the hand of a boyfriend/husband and hold the women responsible and want charges filed because they stayed and kept their children in the environment. Post after post saying there is no way the mother didn't know what was going on or what could happen.

It wasn't like there was just violent altercations between JH and EG, there was multiple times evidence was on Lucas that he was being abused, multiple people told him, how many black eyes, bruises all over the body before you say hey something isn't right here. I don't buy being out of town as an excuse.

My thoughts on JH actions does not mean that my heart doesn't break for him for the loss of his son.

I respect posters here at WS, but I have learned I have offended a few with my stance on my feelings of JH actions so time for me to stop my post on thoughts of JH.

BBM:
I ask that you do not stop posting your thoughts of JH. I share your thoughts as well. He does not get a pass from me and as far as I'm concerned is not cleared in Lucas' case. This case is still very open and in the investigation process.

But even if they don’t know how to love and nurture I really believe EG knew it was wrong to beat him. Right and Wrong she knew it wrong and even admitted it. This just came to me not a lot of thought given to it yet. But maybe a foundation in Lucas name that helps people like JO andFLA and the family in NM who report abuse and get no help. Help them maneuver the system

I think EG was supposed to attend parenting classes, but didn't. Help was offered to her, but she didn't accept it. We do need some type of national reporting system or database, though, for each state to be able to look up reports of abuse from another state. This happens in many cases of child abuse that end up with the child dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0