Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that no one will be prosecuted.
Although suicide is a crime when not successful the result is to be Baker-Acted or 5150'd. An involuntary hold imposed by the court.
Suicide was not surprising in this case to me.
Afterall, suicide and homicide are two sides of the same coin. :(

(I misplaced my statement in my previous reply. Apologies. Crime of passion, LOL.)

Besides Lucas's dead body? And the multiple statements made to JH about the bruises & scrapes on Lucas's body...and that Lucas himself said EG was the one hurting him. And if being told about the abuse wasn't enough, there are the many pictures of all the injuries & bruises that riddled his son's body. IMO he can't say he wasn't present when at least one of those pictures was taken. It may have to be declared fact that EG caused his death in order for any kind of case to proceed but if one can, it should be. He knew something was going on & he didn't report it. He had EG go back & pick him up when JO's family told him they were going to take Lucas to see a doctor.
Call me callous or uncaring but idc if he's "been through enough." If he can be charged, he should be. If he can't, fine.

ALL MOO ALL MOO ALL MOO

It would potentially be a very bad or move by the DA TO charge anyone. In the case for JH it is highly unlikely anyone could prove beyond a reasonable doubt he knew.

With budgets being tight why would DA risk publicly c backlash about carelessly spending money?

Emily Glass had already forced the city state and feds to spend a couple million dollars searching for Lucas for nearly 100 days when she knew exactly where she had hidden the body.

How much more does the community need forced upon them. To prosecute one more minute is a waste. It’s time to heal. And make certain this happens to no other child.

Do you feel like you are anticipating anything in particular? Or just waiting to see it actually written out what happened/that she killed herself etc?
I'm anticipating it has already been determined she killed herself. I'm waiting for the verification. Until then I'm leaving my mind open but I believe it will be suicide.

Just jumping off your post. Even if the prosecution has a lot of evidence against against Emily to have tried her in the death of Lucas. It doesn't mean she would have been found guilty. So we will actually never have a complete answer to the guilt. We may have a manner of death and a cause of death but not actually who caused the death, as much as we want. I think we all know who did the deed.

Now Emilys death is totally different it is either suicide or homicide which is the manner and then the cause which would be the rifle.

jmo
This is more than likely, but we don't know this for sure yet. What we do know is that she was shot. We don't know yet if she was dead before that.
Just for those who are wondering, yes I do think she shot herself with a rifle. But we don't have verification.

This is more than likely, but we don't know this for sure yet. What we do know is that she was shot. We don't know yet if she was dead before that.
Just for those who are wondering, yes I do think she shot herself with a rifle. But we don't have verification.
I don't think I understand your reply. My post had nothing to do with Emilys being shot. It was about Lucas death and Emily being guilty of his death. I am not trying to be snarky about it. Just confused about your reply. :)

I don't think I understand your reply. My post had nothing to do with Emilys being shot. It was about Lucas death and Emily being guilty of his death. I am not trying to be snarky about it. Just confused about your reply. :)
No worries. You don't sound snarky at all.
I was responding to this one statement.
"Now Emilys death is totally different it is either suicide or homicide which is the manner and then the cause which would be the rifle."

Last edited:
We have no reason to believe the rifle as his. DM said JH didn't own any guns, and someone had searched the house (maybe DM also) and didn't locate any. So unless he had just purchased it, I don't expect it to be his.
DM has been gone from the state for a couple of weeks before EG died. We don’t know what happened during that time. JH could have brought the rifle into the house for protection when he was there. It wouldn’t be a stretch to think he was getting threats from people. If JH and EG were both on the lease, they would both have keys and neither one could prevent the other from entering the house.
When people hear the term rifle their thought may go to a hunting rifle. An AR-15 is a rifle. A 16 inch barrel would not be difficult to use to commit suicide. IMO, EG has been camping out at the house. Maybe because her family didn’t want the baggage of having her around. She had no one else to turn to. I’m sure she was reading all of the public’s opinion of her, she heard DM on NG sharing the story of how he duped her, she’d seen photos of JO and JH together, and knew she’s be going to prison. She had nothing left to live for. Her life as she knew it was over.
I don’t think JH will be charged with anything related to her death, nor do I think he should be.

And they can state the COD. So if there is one suspect and the manner of death is homicide, they can state what the COD has been determined to be, if known. It will be apparent who the DA believes is guilty. But I don't believe a deceased person can be tried. How could they? There are rights extended to the accused. She's not here to perform her rights.

You’re right. A defendant has to be given an opportunity to defend herself. I imagine the COD will be announced (blunt force trauma would be my guess), EG was the only named POI, and the public will have to connect the dots.

I still have hope that KE and JH will be charged with something related to the case (obstruction for JH, obstruction and accessory after the fact for KE, along with charges for forging doctors notes). This is MOO.

I am leaning more towards negligence, here. Responsible gun owners hide the cabinet key.
I have a feeling the rifle was at the home for protection. I think EG was living there. It was a known address and she wasn't exactly a popular person. I don't think she would have kept it locked up due to maybe needing it in an emergency and it wasn't like she needed to hide it from any children that might be visiting. I would bet someone gave her the rifle to protect herself just in case....and I'll bet that person feels terrible about that now.

You’re right. A defendant has to be given an opportunity to defend herself. I imagine the COD will be announced (blunt force trauma would be my guess), EG was the only named POI, and the public will have to connect the dots.

I still have hope that KE and JH will be charged with something related to the case (obstruction for JH, obstruction and accessory after the fact for KE, along with charges for forging doctors notes). This is MOO.
I am somewhat doubtful KE forged doctor's notes. I know we all speculated that early on, but her charges stem from an incident a couple weeks before the first doctor's note was presented. Her charges seem like they probably have nothing to do with LH.

Correct that was the 2nd report that DCF received and they discussed with NM their findings on the case and they stated unfounded so Kansas did not follow up on it.

DCF contacted the New Mexico agency, which provided its report, saying it had investigated and determined the allegations were unfounded. The report was not assigned for further review.
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

Wish one report would of been enough, but I do understand if they cannot find evidence of abuse they can't remove the child. I have no clue how thorough the claims were investigated.
What constitutes unfounded?
Emily's word over bruises they can clearly see?
Its a question whoever wrote the report should be asked. And forced to answer.

What would JH say if charges were brought against him?
He would say the same thing Child Protective Services said. UNFOUNDED

I am leaning more towards negligence, here. Responsible gun owners hide the cabinet key.

Responsible homeowners, car owners, etc., lock their homes, cars and so forth, but that doesn’t fully prevent thieves from stealing. Negligence is on whoever commits a crime. However, this isn’t a gun control thread so I’m going to I stop where I’m at. :)
MOO

One of these days in the near future, Lucas' thread will quietly slip from the first page of the forum. I have been trying to figure out how exactly I feel about that fact. One one hand, it is a good thing because Lucas was brought home and there will be more answers eventually than we started with so there will be less to discuss and ponder. On the other hand, Lucas has been part of our daily lives and it seems strange to think I will not see his name pop up every day on WS. :(

OT: Is anyone recently missing from Wichita? Unidentified male body that has only been there a few days: Body found in south Wichita, police investigating

(I tried looking for threads in MP discussions and did not see any recent cases from Wichita. I will make an UID thread later if LE says they are having trouble ID'ing)

OT: Is anyone recently missing from Wichita? Unidentified male body that has only been there a few days: Body found in south Wichita, police investigating

(I tried looking for threads in MP discussions and did not see any recent cases from Wichita. I will make an UID thread later if LE says they are having trouble ID'ing)

I wonder if this is a homeless person due to the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025