Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking, but they pulled into the entrance and were driving fairly quickly, they pulled in right next to the cop cars at the entrance and kept going - no one attempted to stop them.

There will be a lot of unmarked cars as people searching will be driving City vehicles and their own vehicles. LE called in to search would have to change into warm clothing, and do not all drive marked City vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5866834f95e5553c9010b31d4ad6110a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far is the park from their new home? 14ish minutes? Or 20ish minutes?

Police have been at the park for about an hour or so. They haven't been able to find him. Police have gathered a big group and are now walking the entirety of the park looking for him.

That is how they do it. They have a starting point and thoroughly comb each inch. I've done this before, this is the correct way to do a search. At the beginning of the park, there could be a cigarette butt tossed belonging to suspect or in some cases, victims, if they smoke, candy wrappers, gum, coffee cups with lipstick (same with butts), piece of a child's toy or small toy, even a food wrapper that might have flown out of a vehicle purchased earlier that day, pieces of clothing or sock, you get the jist.

Everything and anything they find to which they deem is relevant to the case is properly picked up by gloved hands and bagged for evidence.

A public search that involves LE teaches you to not touch a thing, the officer comes over, looks at it, and bags it or passes up, knowing it's not important.

A public search with LE is from either arms length, if there is enough people, to 8-10 feet apart. When something is found, the person yells "stop", and a chain reaction of "stop" is heard from left to right, while everyone stands still, silent, until LE gives the signal to move on again. Everyone must got straight ahead and never deviate from that, for the safety of the searchers.

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but just figured I might be able to help those who may have not done searches in the past.

That is how they do it. They have a starting point and thoroughly comb each inch. I've done this before, this is the correct way to do a search. At the beginning of the park, there could be a cigarette butt tossed belonging to suspect or in some cases, victims, if they smoke, candy wrappers, gum, coffee cups with lipstick (same with butts), piece of a child's toy or small toy, even a food wrapper that might have flown out of a vehicle purchased earlier that day, pieces of clothing or sock, you get the jist.

Everything and anything they find to which they deem is relevant to the case is properly picked up by gloved hands and bagged for evidence.

A public search that involves LE teaches you to not touch a thing, the officer comes over, looks at it, and bags it or passes up, knowing it's not important.

A public search with LE is from either arms length, if there is enough people, to 8-10 feet apart. When something is found, the person yells "stop", and a chain reaction of "stop" is heard from left to right, while everyone stands still, silent, until LE gives the signal to move on again. Everyone must got straight ahead and never deviate from that, for the safety of the searchers.

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but just figured I might be able to help those who may have not done searches in the past.

I've seen a grid search done in the past, and I guess I am just wondering why they didn't do it this way sooner? Or did they, and now they are just re-combing based on new evidence?

I think at the moment, none of the officers are visible as they have disappeared into the woods. Nothing much to see at this point.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

What exactly do we think they are looking for ?! Obviously evidence, but what exactly!

It's really a shame they didn't do this DAYS ago when they were there. I'm sure it's possible relevant things have blown away. And non-relevant things have shown up. I just don't understand why they waited.

It was a dark colored van, looked unmarked. Stoped next to the police vehicle and then drove on in.

Hmm. Did anyone happen to notice how far in it drove? As steels pointed out they're not looking for Lucas' body that close to the main road, they are looking for something small or disturbed BUT if the van went deeper into the park maybe that van is there to recover Lucas from deeper within the park and the police presence at the entrance is cover to keep prying media from looking at what the van is up too. Sounds insane, I know and I've been probably been locked in this basement laboratory too long. :)

What exactly do we think they are looking for ?! Obviously evidence, but what exactly!
No one is saying anything but my best guess is Lucas and evidence. For that many WPD and Sheriff's to show up in mass, it has to be big.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Concerning the line search. It reminds me of how LE start from the furthest area of the crime scene and work their way toward where the actual crime took place in order to not miss anything or compromise evidence. I wonder if they have officers around the entire perimeter and are working inward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C