Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Dylan's case we saw water scent dogs, etc....

What depths are we dealing with again?

(Gosh I can't keep up with you guys or myself..,)

Has FLA been in? Hopefully she/she is holding up well.

It's disturbing to read about how many times CPS failing to remove Lucas from EG's care. It seems like there were so many opportunities to stop his abuse and the adults that had power to stop it failed. Sadly the foster care situation is not very good in Kansas. Last year there were 74 missing foster kids in Kansas-- http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article178148856.html

A quote from the above link on the 74 missing kids:
“You heard everyone expressing that it is extremely concerning and worrisome, especially when many of them are teenage girls in the light of the issues surrounding human trafficking,” Gilmore said.

But she also said that in many cases children have left to go back to their biological families or other people with whom they have a relationship to get out of foster care. Gilmore referred to one task force member’s comment that at times children who have fled will call to say they are safe but won’t say where they are.

“So it isn’t always a tragedy, but some certainly can be and that’s why we have to take it all very seriously,” Gilmore said.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article178148856.html#storylink=cpy

BBM. 74 missing kids, most of whom ran away from foster care. But it's not a tragedy because many ran back home to the homes they were removed from or to someone else that they happen to know? Really? :facepalm: :gaah:
emotbanghead.gif

Disclaimer: I'm very supportive of CPS workers who do their job and foster care-- I have friends who work as social workers and friends who foster kids. They do a hard job with little resources for little pay. This is not a personal dig at any individual who works in the system. I'm just pointing out that the Kansas CPS and foster care system is really broken. JMO. Maybe when all is said and done there will be a law passed in Lucas' name but I'm not sure what law could improve this tragedy of a system. MOO.

So I remember something about when the park land was first acquired, was small acreage, didn't post the link bc it seemed ot...discussed the growth of the land space, iirc...

:lookingitup:

(Eta: gah, fading....)

:eek:fftobed:

FIND LUCAS! Again welcome guests and new members!

Hugs to FLA.

And Rock On Locals.

Ps. Note to bump Mr. Pink's ideas again...(watch out Pink you guys are approaching Power-Couple status like FindHG and Forager! :biggrin:)

In Dylan's case we saw water scent dogs, etc....

What depths are we dealing with again?

(Gosh I can't keep up with you guys or myself..,)

Mr. Pink told me he thought it was around 10 feet, so not terribly deep. (This was the pond at Chisholm Creek as well as Chisholm Lake that is on the north side of 96.

Gqrdener1850, did you guys figure out where that picture is from yet?

I don't know the thread has been going too fast for me. I saw someone mention some zoo or wildlife center but I didn't have time to check it out. I don't think it was taken in the park they have been searching. JMO.

Mr. Pink told me he thought it was around 10 feet, so not terribly deep. (This was the pond at Chisholm Creek as well as Chisholm Lake that is on the north side of 96.

I say check out some of the things you and Mr. Pink have been thinking about exploring...those trails north, etc...

However....

When you search for a body, make sure you are prepared to find/see it (espeeeecially with as regards to decomp...had a conversation with our Late Great Foxfire about that too...).

Eta: of course there is no preparing...(True or False we are dealing with a recovery mission here?)

FLA: you asked us to do our thing and proceed as we do. Sooooo sorry you have to read this stuff... :( )

(Adding an "S" to this: )

attachment.php

Attachments

• 428.jpg
    428.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 384
Visits with her children were supervised? Thats telling.
Alot of information has come to light.
The father should be arrested.
The charge?
Whatever its called when neglect results in murder.
Thats providing Lucas was killed. Its not looking good.

I think this is what ticks me off so bad!!! It is telling she had supervised visits and on top of that, numerous reports to child services about bruises on Lucas! So what gives ??!!! Her history on top of reports would be enough for someone to step in! You’d think!

The article I linked above said she has UNSUPERVISED visitation. I have seen two articles that said she has unsupervised. Are there conflicting reports?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...201898009.html

- His 26-year-old stepmother, Emily Glass, reported him missing. Wichita police arrested her Wednesday, saying they suspect her of endangering Lucas and a 1- year-old child. A Butler County judge in October allowed Glass to have unsupervised visits with her own two sons – but kept custody with the boys' ...

Has FLA been in? Hopefully she/she is holding up well.

She has not been in, but we were told that she just needed some space from this right now. She knows we are all thinking about her.

The article I linked above said she has UNSUPERVISED visitation. I have seen two articles that said she has unsupervised. Are there conflicting reports?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...201898009.html

- His 26-year-old stepmother, Emily Glass, reported him missing. Wichita police arrested her Wednesday, saying they suspect her of endangering Lucas and a 1- year-old child. A Butler County judge in October allowed Glass to have unsupervised visits with her own two sons – but kept custody with the boys' ...

Her visits were supervised for years, until October 2017.
At that point she had unsupervised visits.

So she had only supervised visits with her boys during most of the time she was in Lucas' life.
This is what people are commenting on. It's so wrong.

You need to be supervised to be around your OWN kids...
Yet, no issue with you being the full time caretaker for someone else's?

There were so many failures of the system here I wouldn't know where to start.

Can somebody please update in a nutshell the deal with the dad. Tia.

Visits with her children were supervised? Thats telling.
Alot of information has come to light.
The father should be arrested.
The charge?
Whatever its called when neglect results in murder.
Thats providing Lucas was killed. Its not looking good.

She has not been in, but we were told that she just needed some space from this right now. She knows we are all thinking about her.

Her visits were supervised for years, until October 2017.
At that point she had unsupervised visits.

So she had only supervised visits with her boys during most of the time she was in Lucas' life.
This is what people are commenting on. It's so wrong.

You need to be supervised to be around your OWN kids...
Yet, no issue with you being the full time caretaker for someone else's?

There were so many failures of the system here I wouldn't know where to start.

Thank You. I was confused. Obviously...:blush:

YES, so many failures in this tragic case. The family tried hard to get help and attention for this sweet boy, only to be cut off from their contact, leaving him even more vulnerable. And then CPS decides it is not abuse?

And after all of the accusations of abuse against Lucas, the judge recently awards her unsupervised visitation with her sons? I don't get it.

Awww, bless her heart.

Thanks for the update on FLA., MsF, I have been trying to catch up...

(Eta/ O/T, always been a huge fan of Little House on the Prairie...please add your link re: -this...Zzz....and you adopting children with Down Syndrome, etc...zzzz)..I always appreciate your very candid posts...you shoot from the hip and don't play around when it comes to this kind of stuff, that's for sure.

Thank You. I was confused. Obviously...:blush:

YES, so many failures in this tragic case. The family tried hard to get help and attention for this sweet boy, only to be cut off from their contact, leaving him even more vulnerable. And then CPS decides it is not abuse?

And after all of the accusations of abuse against Lucas, the judge recently awards her unsupervised visitation with her sons? I don't get it.

The only thing I can come up with is that the two situations were never connected.

The judge knew that she was carrying for her stepson. However, it doesn't appear the judge looked into who that was, or how it was going. So, the judge did not find those reports of abuse against her.

When allegations of abuse were reported, it doesn't appear anyone connected that she had only supervised visits with her sons.

If it comes out that all parties knew all of this information and still NO ONE protected Lucas?
There just won't be words strong enough to explain my feelings on that.

Well yea, not many people garden with babies in Kansas in February. Even if it was warm. It was warm in CO last week too but I wasn’t out digging in the frozen ground. Again, feels set up like “look I’m home and nothing weird to see here”.

What the hell was she out digging around for?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omgggg...you are so right....moo....

Is she a:

A. Meth addict
B. Heroine Addict / Opiodes / Pain piIlls
C. All of the above
D. None of the above

Tia.

(Off Topic, here are photos from Jessica Ridgeway's "grid search"...Whenever I hear "grid search", I'm reminded of thsee photos (again off topic, these photos are not related to the search of Lucas):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Eta: Pink and I both found WS via Jessica Ridgeway, iirc.

Attachments

• search-for-body.jpg
    search-for-body.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 553
  • 20121011__search_for_jessica_ridgeway_thursday~p1.jpg
    20121011__search_for_jessica_ridgeway_thursday~p1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 548
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online