Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what she should have called him on a daily basis.
Out of respect for his Mother she should have called him Lucas in the interview if she didn't want to use the word stepmom.
She isn't oblivious to the fact that his bio Mother is out there wanting him found.
It's just my opinion that in this case, with her being interviewed from jail, that would have shown better judgment.
jmo

This is exactly what I was thinking !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After that, she said she shouldn't be speaking with FactFinder 12 and hung up the call.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/St...pear-in-court-Monday-afternoon-475174883.html

Her lawyer if she has one is going to be PISSED OFF.

Have you guys made a determination on the knuckle injuries, as to how/when they occurred, etc? (Or are those shadows?) Sorry really trying to keep up here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...missing-five-year-old-Kansas-boy-charged.html

I'm thinking it's from punching cell walls, or putting Lucas in a pipe/culvert of some type.

Watching the KWCH live feed with more details on the interview as well as footage from the search today at Cottonwood Park.

Again, why are people bringing their CHILDREN to look for clues/evidence to criminal activity and possibly.....Lucas.
The woman being interviewed had a toddler on her hip whilst giving the interview. While I love that these people are concerned community members who care enough to take time out of their day to search, searching with your children is.....eh forget it.

This is unbelievable. When it's an organized search with people who know what they are doing, children are not allowed. They require ID and to be 18 or older. Not even a baby being worn would be allowed.

But if she felt that was "HER SON" wouldn't she have indicated being a BossMom from the time she became the "Caretaker" of Lucas vs. not until after her own daughter was born?

IMO, calling him "my son" was simply for appearances.

ETA: she could have simply referred to him as Lucas. "I would never harm Lucas"

In leaving Lucas out of "BossMom" she was also leaving out her other two boys as well. She was a Mom 6 years before her daughter arrived.

I just spoke with Texas Equusearch. I’m so happy to say that they’ve received the green light to search for Lucas. They will be flying out hopefully tomorrow to gather information.

Awesome!

On the current livestream on KWCH - http://www.kwch.com/livestream/ - at 5:35pm
STILL seeing people out looking for him with their children.

Guys, I understand you want to help. I understand you may not have a babysitter. The problem is, the odds of this little boy being alive in a park, is near 0%. PLEASE do not take the chance on your young children finding Lucas with you. PLEASE do not take the chance on scarring them for life by what that could look like. PLEASE.

Exactly, I could be okay with a baby being worn because they will likely sleep anyway. But over a year old? No, not okay.

Regarding that latest photo of Lucas holding a lollipop and all the bruising, and the swelling....was he taken to a doctor for those injuries? Because I keep seeing photos of bruises, but I haven't seen a single thing saying he was taken to the ER for documentation and prove he was abused, nor an urgent care, or even his regular doc, if he has one. If I see a child with this amount of injuries, and in my power to get him to a doctor, then I'm taking the child ASAP! The photos are good evidence, but was anything further done?

This case sucks.

I have also not seen mention of him being seen. I'm not one to rush to the doctor, but I would have had the nose checked. My niece broke hers when she was 2.

"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Seriously? I wonder what her cousins are going to say about that? She is pretty much saying their 10 yr olds were physically harming this little 5 yr old, repeatedly. Giving him deep bruises, multiple cuts, a nose that looks broken, .....over and over again?

Didn't the adults do anything about that, if it ever happened that way?

When my kids were 5, they had several cousins about 10 and 11. They all played together and rough housed, but neither of my kids had multiple bruises and facial injuries, etc etc. An occasional skinned knee, or scratches, maybe a bruise....but certainly not to the extent we have seen in those pictures...

Actually, this story isn't new. The cousin is the one who took the pictures of Lucas in the hat and sweatshirt. She claims the injuries are from Lucas playing with her boys in the back of a truck, fell out and landed on his face. Interesting that the stories actually match each other. :thinking:

I don't know what she should have called him on a daily basis.
Out of respect for his Mother she should have called him Lucas in the interview if she didn't want to use the word stepmom.
She isn't oblivious to the fact that his bio Mother is out there wanting him found.
It's just my opinion that in this case, with her being interviewed from jail, that would have shown better judgment.
jmo

If she cared about better judgment she wouldn't be sitting there.
Even innocent people who are sitting in jail likely made a bad judgment call to land them there.

Discerning truth is very important but judging 100% without unknowable facts would be foolish imo.

Absolutely agree.

That was kinda my point, earlier, we don't know what she called him in everyday conversation. Did she introduce him that way on to other moms at playgrounds, to teachers at school, etc...

In the interview with the neighbor, he said "she asked me if I'd seen her son".

I don't think a child has to use the term 'mom' for a stepmom to say 'my son'.

I see this as one of the least interesting parts of the interview, really. But if LE can get hold of the full thing, questions and answers, and look at as much body language is visible, then maybe they can use it to help them get clues as to things to focus on. Like the pull up...she's made it sound so significant, but without the question it's unclear why she felt the need to explain so much about it in that way.

It's like if I told you I went to the shop and I wore shoes to go to the shop, because the shop's a mile away and I wouldn't want to cut my feet on stones on the path, so I wear shoes when I go to the shop. It's too much information! It's not natural speech. So it's either come from the question that was asked, or she's trying to convince the listener of the logic that she's presenting of the reason for the pull up in the middle of the afternoon.

I did watch the movie/documentary that was suggested the other day (I've already forgotten the name of it, the one about Nicholas Barclay). It was very interesting to hear so much about Boursin's con. I keep going back to that and his interview where he said he was abducted by men and flown to Spain, his hand and foot were broken, his eyes were injected with stuff to change their color, and the abductors were obsessed with doing things to change the identity of the children they'd stolen. And Nicholas' sister said that Boursin did have a broken hand and leg (broken earlier), his eyes were a different color from Nicholas' eyes, and Boursin himself was obsessed with changing identity. So these parts of his story had reasons for being included in the fable that he was developing. He used it to explain things that people might be questioning like the different eye color and the physical damage that he really did have, then he embellished the story with something that was personal to his experience (the changing identities). The whole thing sounded so utterly nonsensical that I couldn't believe the woman from the missing children organization fell for it...but she probably fell for it because she was so desperate for answers to where so many missing children might be, and in the 90s there would have been stories of satanic cults and things going around, maybe Boursin's story sounded more reasonable back then?

I feel that EG has spent half her life lying and is probably naturally good at it just as Boursin was (he was a great conman and I can admire his skills. Someone who's into fighting with men the way we've heard that she fought with JH has to be good at making up afterwards, and part of that could include denial of full culpability, presenting oneself as a victim of something else in order to explain the current behavior and elicit sympathy as well as forgiveness. So I wouldn't be surprised if she uses some similar tricks, and I had a feeling similar to that from Boursin when she talked about the pull up. It's just something I'm flagging for myself that it needs further explanation, and it could have come from a leading question, or maybe LE were asking a lot about that when they were questioning her?

The quotes from the interview seem like there are things missing. For instance in one part EG talks about the mysterious strangers and says she sent a snap of them to "their dad". Er what? There's something that's been snipped out because those words have no context and it sounds like she means the dad of the strangers, but she is actually referring to JH. So we need to be careful when trying to analyze this interview that the typed version is missing a lot of her sentences as well as the precise questions that were put to her.

Before I was married, my son would call my boyfriend (now husband) his dad. I think it just depends on how early on the girlfriend/boyfriend comes into a child's life and other circumstances in the family. My husband has been in my son's life since he was 2 and my son's bio dad hasn't been in contact since 2011. My husband calls my son his since he is helping raise him.

Maybe, Lucas did refer to EG as his mom? And, it is possible that EG has referred to Lucas as her son in everyday life. JH would probably know the answer to these questions/assumptions.

EG could have also called Lucas her son, to make the bio mom feel a certain way. Like pointing out that she is the one who is/was being "motherly" (I use this term loosely) to Lucas.

He didn't call her Mom.

Emily. I have NEVER heard him refer to her as anything except Emily.

I just spoke with Texas Equusearch. I’m so happy to say that they’ve received the green light to search for Lucas. They will be flying out hopefully tomorrow to gather information.

This is fantastic news. Hoping they will find him.

These are great people, they helped search for my nephew. Granted they weren’t the ones who found him. I’m glad that they will be searching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I was married, my son would call my boyfriend (now husband) his dad. I think it just depends on how early on the girlfriend/boyfriend comes into a child's life and other circumstances in the family. My husband has been in my son's life since he was 2 and my son's bio dad hasn't been in contact since 2011. My husband calls my son his since he is helping raise him.

Maybe, Lucas did refer to EG as his mom? And, it is possible that EG has referred to Lucas as her son in everyday life. JH would probably know the answer to these questions/assumptions.

EG could have also called Lucas her son, to make the bio mom feel a certain way. Like pointing out that she is the one who is/was being "motherly" (I use this term loosely) to Lucas.
Heck my mom is in her 90's and for years she's loved being called by her first name by her kids/grandkids but it's usual that we call her MOM:)
jmo

Referring to what MsFacetious just said, I do think the injuries to Lucas' left side of his face, along the nose and the left eye, do look like grazes that might come from falling on the ground outside.

The bit that confuses me is that in some photos with those grazes he also looks like he has heavy bruises to the other side of his face, which shouldn't have come from the same fall, as when you fall like that the injuries should be on the same side...it's like being slapped on one side of your face...you don't get a bruise on the other side as well.

Some of Lucas' bruises probably were from normal childhood play and falling over. I'm not convinced they all were, but some of them probably were.

There were other photos with those grazes from the alleged incident...does his nose look broken in those pics? Because to my eyes the possible 'break' doesn't look like it matches the grazes either, it looks more like it's either shadow, or if it's a break like the force for it has come from the opposite side to the grazes? Maybe the poster with the doctor hubby could ask him about that?

"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Seriously? I wonder what her cousins are going to say about that? She is pretty much saying their 10 yr olds were physically harming this little 5 yr old, repeatedly. Giving him deep bruises, multiple cuts, a nose that looks broken, .....over and over again?

Didn't the adults do anything about that, if it ever happened that way?

When my kids were 5, they had several cousins about 10 and 11. They all played together and rough housed, but neither of my kids had multiple bruises and facial injuries, etc etc. An occasional skinned knee, or scratches, maybe a bruise....but certainly not to the extent we have seen in those pictures...

Next thing you know, she'll be saying that the cousin's kids threw Lucas out of the truck......

About the interview...would someone have to give her (or the media network) permission for it? Or would the network be able to set it up privately with EG?

The network will pass on the full tape and transcript to LE now that it's broadcast, won't they?

i also was wondering this too cause alot of people forget or not aware that snapchat tracks ur EVERY move now... even with location off mine still shows me on the map my avatar just has a blue square over its face BUT if u zoom in on the map someone with out a doubt could pin point where i was located since its google maps that it uses... i was wondering if she had snap and if so (which imo would believe they have already done so if its the case) but if LE has checked her where abouts that day within her snapchat or if thats even possible (which imo again i believe anything is possible these days when it comes to technology) cause even if she had her location off in her phone it would still show im almost positive cause i always have mine off.

I warned people about this in another thread, about the tracking. It is eerie. I saw my daughter and her friend moving around what was supposed to be our living room- every time they moved around, even into the kitchen, you could see these little characters moving. Freaky, as it also showed the lake we live on, too in our front yard. I asked them to check all of their apps because of situation that came up, and for their own safety, I made them go through it. Twitter also does it, along with Facebook and a few other apps I can't remember now. They ditched a few of the apps and put themselves on "ghost" mode for SnapChat and the others they kept. I told them to check them frequently to make sure they are still on ghost mode, just in case they change something in the app that makes them visible again for everyone to see.

Off topic, I apologize,.. I had a step-mother for 9 years. From the age of 3 to nearly 12. Even at a very young age, I did not call her 'mom'. She was physically abusive to me when no adults were around. I learned to be very compliant and submissive outwardly, so that she wouldn't hit me. Maybe. But hit me she did. I was the scapegoat child. When my younger siblings came along, I often took the blame for things to spare them the wrath. I did not call her by her name (she would have beat me silly for that.). I was always uncomfortable speaking to her, because I didn't know what to call her. I simple spoke. I would wait inside my room for her to go to the basement or to the bathroom before I would come out of the room and begin some chore or other. Young kids, they know if you care for them or if you don't. But they're helpless, and they know it. I did. Speaking out? Gets you beaten even worse when everyone goes home. People blaming the dad, the dad who is absent a lot? Likely he knew her temper, and hoped like heck she was telling the truth when she told him she never hits that child. My own father couldn't look that deeply, otherwise he'd have done something, and he just couldn't. Thank god for loving grandparents. I know there are wonderful step-parents out in the world, they are just not my experience. Back now to topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again, my spouse is my kid's step-father, he calls them his kids, our kids, and by their first names. They call him by his first name. However, no one has answered the question, that I sincerely asked;

What should EG call him? If she'd called him her step-son, would that have been a better choice of words, or would that have been seen as not loving him as much as her bio child? Sincere question.

I think her word choice sticks out in light of some of the early reporting.

The 4' 60 lb description she gave (I assume it was provided by her) seems out of touch with the child we have seen in pictures. That adorable pic of him in a little plaid shirt....that has to be from preschool or 4K I swear. Once the VI shared some actual recent pics from late 2017, he looks like a different kid. Her FB had a halfway decent pic she could've used (again assuming she is providing the information and pictures as the reporting person). That one pic is the only one (a family pic) of Lucas we can see publicly, while her bio kids have more "publicity" there...even the older ones she just recently regained unsupervised visits with.

Then, the nail in that coffin, was reporting by good ol' NG (god help us all) that EG preferred to be called the "live-in GF" or some such. IF that is true, and if it is true that KS does still honor common law marriage, she might still just not want to get married unless it is with a big fat diamond and a big old party so she can be bridezilla queen for a day (or not at all, of course, which is a legitimate decision for a woman to make and then mind her Ps and Qs if she decides to shack up with a guy in a common law state).

And...I'm rambling about something that I think we've been warned about (EGs status as GF/Wife etc etc, I bet mom/step-mom falls in that category too, eh?)

eta: i still didn't answer your question, but I think we expected her to use more distant language so it is remarkable that she is taking ownership of him now, it feels like, with her words.

And....she didn't come out pleading for the safety of her son from the get go. Seems she may have been high as a kite or detoxing, but that was another part of the early opinions setting in, I think, imo, jmho, moo and stuff

About the interview...would someone have to give her (or the media network) permission for it? Or would the network be able to set it up privately with EG?

The network will pass on the full tape and transcript to LE now that it's broadcast, won't they?
They interviewed her in the jail. I can GUARANTEE they were in a room with jail house recording devices of their own running before, during and after the interview!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just some thoughts on the interview
cache.php
cache.php

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pull-up explanation, in part, may be because folks have questioned why on earth he was in pull-ups at age five?! I've got a grandkid who is older than little L, who wears them, because of being a deep sleeper.

I suspect LE does not believe that two individuals lurking outside the house were involved because they would either provide the photo or, at the least, EG's description of the individuals. LE also did not put out an AMBER alert. That means LE likely has significant reason to believe EG is lying and is letting her talk to see how her story changes.

Further, there is a reason LE is not telling the public why its focus was on searching parks. But, with EG in custody, I am not sure what that reason is. If LE found her web browsing to be for local parks (she recently moved), why not tell the public that fact? Add to that the fact that they just moved her to general population imprisonment after they concluded their park searches.

Thoughts?

They interviewed her in the jail. I can GUARANTEE they were in a room with jailhouse recording devices of their own running before, during and after the interview!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If EG is making phone calls, they're listening to those, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321