Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Seriously? I wonder what her cousins are going to say about that? She is pretty much saying their 10 yr olds were physically harming this little 5 yr old, repeatedly. Giving him deep bruises, multiple cuts, a nose that looks broken, .....over and over again?

Didn't the adults do anything about that, if it ever happened that way?

When my kids were 5, they had several cousins about 10 and 11. They all played together and rough housed, but neither of my kids had multiple bruises and facial injuries, etc etc. An occasional skinned knee, or scratches, maybe a bruise....but certainly not to the extent we have seen in those pictures...
Exactly!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I don't know what she should have called him on a daily basis.
Out of respect for his Mother she should have called him Lucas in the interview if she didn't want to use the word stepmom.
She isn't oblivious to the fact that his bio Mother is out there wanting him found.
It's just my opinion that in this case, with her being interviewed from jail, that would have shown better judgment.
jmo

If everyone thinks that she did this, why would she consider anyone's feelings?

I've never been in jail for something like this, I've never been in jail period, however, I can tell you, that it is a very crude, embarrassing, and uncomfortable experience, and I'm just talking about the process of booking, and getting you to a cell. After that, it gets worse. Most folks aren't thinking about much of anything other than getting out. She probably wrote up a statement in an attempt to defend herself and nothing more. She didn't realize though, that speaking publicly is not usually your best bet.

If I were the one arrested, I would not have spoken out. Period. The only speaking, that I'd be doing, would be to my lawyer(s), and I'm sure that route would not be looked upon favorably, by the majority of the public, at all.

what I found odd was that she mentioned she put him in a pull-up and put a movie on.

Think about that. Did he have any other clothes on besides the pull-up? I know in warmer weather, sometimes kids go down for a nap with just a T-shirt and diaper/pull up. Was he wearing anything besides the pull-up?

I could be totally misreading this and it probably doesn't mean a thing.

The movie was probably to keep him occupied during her shower. If there was a movie, shower, and nap... but why didn't she check on him before she took a nap? And, why didn't she mention the movie and Lucas napping, previously? EG saying, "She took a shower, and then took a nap." And, that she had last seen Lucas in his room, sounded like he was playing in his room. Maybe, I am being nit-picky, I don't know. I still want to know where the 1-year old was during the three-hour time frame. I would also like to know, what Lucas usually did when waking up from his supposed nap. Did he go wake EG? Or is EG usually awake before Lucas? Did Lucas know to not answer the door if someone knocks?

And we have a few unknown facts (but they are not unknowable, except perhaps for the mysterious couple):

* When was dad last home?
* Did dad phone/skype with Lucas? If so, when was the last time?
* Who is the smoking man neighbor saw?
* When was Lucas last in school?
* Who was the last to see Lucas other than EG and when was that?
* What were EG and the kids doing earlier in the day that Saturday?
* Did EG send a photo to the dad of mysterious couple outside their home?
* Who was that mysterious couple outside the home?
* Why did LE search the park(s)?
* Where is Lucas?

jmo

What do her cousins she “sent him off with” have to say about his terrible injuries being put on their kids?

I think I said (on an earlier thread and like a ton of other posters) there is no way the vast majority of his injuries were from “rough and tumble playground injuries”. I’ve got 5 of my own from 3-17 right now and was a caregiver for preschool and younger for years. These injuries were inflicted in anger by an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a bunch of guests viewing here for Lucas.

Question: what is the traffic like along Edgemoor and Kellogg between 4 and 6 on a Friday afternoon? Does it backup? How about Edgdmoor either way during that time?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Catching up sorry if this has been answered. Edgemoor isn’t a “main” exit on Kellogg. You either get off on the Oliver exit (eastbound) or Woodlawn exit (westbound).

Kellogg is very busy but it goes under Edgemoor.

Edgemoor is a fairly busy road, but most people would probably take Oliver or Woodlawn to go North/South. Edgemoor is also a pretty narrow road so speed limits are slightly lower (30/35 MPH?) than a street with the same amount of traffic.

There would be a steady amount of cars in the area on a late Friday afternoon-but nothing with serious back ups.

I will drive it this week after work since I work within a mile or so.

Catching up sorry if this has been answered. Edgemoor isn’t a “main” exit on Kellogg. You either get off on the Oliver exit (eastbound) or Woodlawn exit (westbound).

Kellogg is very busy but it goes under Edgemoor.

Edgemoor is a fairly busy road, but most people would probably take Oliver or Woodlawn to go North/South. Edgemoor is also a pretty narrow road so speed limits are slightly lower (30/35 MPH?) than a street with the same amount of traffic.

There would be a steady amount of cars in the area on a late Friday afternoon-but nothing with serious back ups.

I will drive it this week after work since I work within a mile or so.
I will also add that at the residence, it is not a walking friendly street. There are sidewalks a couple blocks over, but not on Edgemoor at the residence. It is not an easy street for a 5 year old to walk around near without attracting attention in the late afternoon. It is more city than suburb.

I must have missed the info about popping in a movie.
Anyone got a link? TIA

I am still looking for a strategic reason why LE would withhold the information on why it was so focused on parks. If it had a tip that Lucas was in a park, why not get everyone out to every park to start looking?

The putting in a movie at 3 doesn't really bother me. Our weekends were jammed packed with family activities errands etc, late afternoon before dinner I always did quiet time you didn't have to sleep, but could watch a movie, read a book, color etc - 90% of the time they would fall asleep for about an hour - then it was up for dinner time and evening routine. They still went to bed at normal hour, they just needed that hour down time from busy hectic day. The problem is she fell asleep (she states) and woke up 3 hours later, we have no clue if the normal routine was an hour or more.

I thought the exact same thing!!! That is why the descriptive comment about the pull up is so off. That tells me either he was only wearing the pull up, or there is more to this pull up situation that she seems defensive about. I go back to my initial question.......Who would stand to gain the most out of Lucas being gone?? Seems to me in comments here and there she may not like being alone all the time? Maybe a reason for someone to be around more so the perp doesn’t come back for their daughter? Just thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I completely agree that the pull up seemed far more detailed than anything else she spoke about and that it is probably important, something she feels the need to really ensure is heard to make sure her story works time-wise.

Another thing that struck me as incredibly strange was her comment about the man and woman outside her home. Who in the world would ask two strangers at any time of day, let alone early morning, if they needed to come into their house?? You’re home alone, with two children, and you’re going to invite two strangers into your house because it’s cold? No. No way. So completely unbelievable. I was pretty blown away by that whole part, including her recounting of her choice of words. Very very strange.

"My boyfriends' son, Lucas."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My grandchild calls her step-father, Daddy sometimes and by his name sometimes, after the birth of the new baby, calling him Daddy, has increased. FWIW, he calls my grandchild, his child. I think it is between EG & JH. They are married under common law. If she didn't normally call little L her son then she shouldn't have in this instance. Honestly though, if she hurt LH, then she doesn't really care, does she? What she calls him doesn't help solve the case, or give us any clues, as to where little L may be, though, does it?

I presumed that was referring to yet another injury. *sigh* I'm so sorry.
Taking him to the doctor hasn't been mentioned right?

She did mention with the playground explanation that Emily took him to the doctor and the doctor said he was fine. I'm going to go ahead and say I don't think that's true :naughty: (I'm sorry if these little emoticons are inappropriate but I just discovered them and they make me smile a little)

I am still looking for a strategic reason why LE would withhold the information on why it was so focused on parks. If it had a tip that Lucas was in a park, why not get everyone out to every park to start looking?

I think because LE/FBI wanted to do the first searches themselves. It's critical if it's a possible crime scene. imo

I completely agree that the pull up seemed far more detailed than anything else she spoke about and that it is probably important, something she feels the need to really ensure is heard to make sure her story works time-wise.

Another thing that struck me as incredibly strange was her comment about the man and woman outside her home. Who in the world would ask two strangers at any time of day, let alone early morning, if they needed to come into their house?? You’re home alone, with two children, and you’re going to invite two strangers into your house because it’s cold? No. No way. So completely unbelievable. I was pretty blown away by that whole part, including her recounting of her choice of words. Very very strange.

Perhaps, EG thought that by saying... she had invited them in would make her sound like a caring individual? Like feeding a stray cat...

I’m so sorry to ask if it’s been posted already but is there a link to the interview...the one I clicked on from pages and pages back was for a live feed and now it’s blank.

Also is there a media sub-thread so I can catch up?

You guys are speedy....I’ve not got a chance!

Wish they would release when the last time JH saw Lucas, they are keeping his work schedule very hush hush and I don't understand that.
Probably keeping some things under wraps to be used down the road

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I think because LE/FBI wanted to do the first searches themselves. It's critical if it's a possible crime scene. imo

But they stopped their routine searches of parks on Monday. Why so radio silent about why they were focused on parks in the first place? Spreading a little information could help trigger more information.

Thank you. I have so much on my mind about Lucas but I'm scared to say them. I just know that where ever this precious boy is My son has his arms wrapped around him until he is found. Hold on Lucas the entire world is looking and praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader