Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that struck me as incredibly strange was her comment about the man and woman outside her home. Who in the world would ask two strangers at any time of day, let alone early morning, if they needed to come into their house??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...I wouldn't open the door, much less be seen.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I will also add that at the residence, it is not a walking friendly street. There are sidewalks a couple blocks over, but not on Edgemoor at the residence. It is not an easy street for a 5 year old to walk around near without attracting attention in the late afternoon. It is more city than suburb.
Thanks so much......so she would definitely be driving? It would be obvious if she was carrying a child? Too difficult to stroller a child down that street on a Friday afternoon between 4 and 6?

:eek:fftopic: I am going off topic for a minute because I am curious about something. Why is half of Wichita green and the other side brown? I was looking at Google Maps and noticed this... Is there like water restriction on one side of Wichita and not the other? It is bizarre!

:eek:fftopic: I am going off topic for a minute because I am curious about something. Why is half of Wichita green and the other side brown? I was looking at Google Maps and noticed this... Is there like water restriction on one side of Wichita and not the other? It is bizarre!
When I see that in my area, it's usually been because the satellite images were taken at different times and then the images are "woven" together by Google.

Thanks so much......so she would definitely be driving? It would be obvious if she was carrying a child? Too difficult to stroller a child down that street on a Friday afternoon between 4 and 6?

There is a sidewalk in front of their house that heads south. You can’t go north though.

Toss a blanket over a stroller and nobody sees what’s inside...

I’m thrilled to hear that TX Equusearch is going to look. I don’t think it will be long now. This is playing out exactly like I envisioned, and it actually freaks me out a little— I don’t think EG murdered this boy. I felt like she was out of it from drugs, he left the house on his own (due to boredom/hunger/curiosity), and somehow fell into water and drowned. Horrifically sad.

One point I want to comment on is the nap. I don’t think this was a “nap” like most people imagine. More of a drug induced pass-out.

I don’t know what drugs she was doing, my gut said heroin but I’ve seen a few people say she looks like meth. Could be both even (people sometimes use them together to combat each other in an attempt to “stay normal.”)

Meth is a huge upper and can cause people to be awake for a week straight. If she used meth at “4-6pm” the day before, she should have still been wide awake the next afternoon and probably unable to sleep if she tried. Meth withdrawal can cause extreme bone crushing exhaustion and fatigue, but it can take a little while for that to kick in.

Heroin is a downer though and causes people to “nod off” and zone in and out after they use. IMO, her “napping” sounds (to me) like nodding off from heroin use. She could have used and nodded off for a few hours. Even if Lucas shook her or said he was hungry, it’s totally possible she wouldn’t have heard him or “woken up.”

I will also add that at the residence, it is not a walking friendly street. There are sidewalks a couple blocks over, but not on Edgemoor at the residence. It is not an easy street for a 5 year old to walk around near without attracting attention in the late afternoon. It is more city than suburb.

I’m pretty sure there is a sidewalk in front of their house. You can only go south though!

She did mention with the playground explanation that Emily took him to the doctor and the doctor said he was fine. I'm going to go ahead and say I don't think that's true :naughty: (I'm sorry if these little emoticons are inappropriate but I just discovered them and they make me smile a little)

They are not inappropriate and I am glad they make you smile because you deserve to find some relief from the pain.

That’s BS that she claims he naps. It’s impossible to get 5 year old to nap. I have a 5 year old nephew and he’s way past it.

Thinking outside the box and playing devils advocate. Don't hate me. :facepalm:
I am NOT trying to discredit what Lucas reported to family, at all.
Just looking for alternate explanations that might mean he wasn't miserable all the time.

What if Emily and Lucas are both telling the truth?
What if the dragging, kicking and water in the face were the only things she did?
(Not that she admitted it, just that she didn't see it as abuse.)

Not that it would be acceptable,
but I can see an explanation for those.
Especially when talking about someone who clearly has anger issues.
Tired, frustrated, in a bad mood and kid won't go to bed? I can see dragging them.
During which you may accidentally kick them especially if they are fighting you.
Giving a bath and the kid won't cooperate letting you get hair wet?
I could see dumping it on his head.

Again, none of this is OKAY.
However it would be better than Lucas constantly being beaten.

Is this even POSSIBLE? Or had Lucas also reported other specific abuse?

If you have someone who isn't watching a child closely I could see a lot of these injuries coming from that. Especially if there may have been other health issues going on.
I have a cousin who let her toddler walk around with a glass jar full of marbles.
Yeah... predictably ended up with several lacerations stitched in his face.
Same kid was "missing" for 3 hours when he was 5 and she never called 911. :gaah:

I'm hoping we are dealing with far more "neglect" and not so much "cruel and unusual."
The dirty clothes could also be explained by neglect and laziness.
Same with the "naps" and pull ups. Constantly sending him with others.

I'm looking at this partly because I don't want to believe so many people did not act.
Why didn't a teacher or administrator call the police to the school?
Did they feel the injuries and explanations made sense?
We are just missing so much information here. So many people could have intervened.

I am HOPING that we may find out Emily wasn't as bad as we are thinking. I just don't want another Evan. I'd much rather believe she was neglecting Lucas, doing drugs, lost her temper a few times and this time went too far so she panicked. I don't want it to be that it was a daily occurrence and he lived in fear and pain all the time. :tantrum:

I completely agree that the pull up seemed far more detailed than anything else she spoke about and that it is probably important, something she feels the need to really ensure is heard to make sure her story works time-wise.

Another thing that struck me as incredibly strange was her comment about the man and woman outside her home. Who in the world would ask two strangers at any time of day, let alone early morning, if they needed to come into their house?? You’re home alone, with two children, and you’re going to invite two strangers into your house because it’s cold? No. No way. So completely unbelievable. I was pretty blown away by that whole part, including her recounting of her choice of words. Very very strange.

Yes Yes Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She did mention with the playground explanation that Emily took him to the doctor and the doctor said he was fine. I'm going to go ahead and say I don't think that's true :naughty: (I'm sorry if these little emoticons are inappropriate but I just discovered them and they make me smile a little)

I would be interested to see those medical records. I'm sure they will be gathered by law enforcement. (Though I admit if I was Jamie I'd want my own copy.)

If he was being seen fairly regularly I would question why the doctor didn't report abuse. (Or maybe they did and like with Sherin, they were ignored as well.) If he didn't have a regular doctor and was just taken to urgent care for regular care, that'd be another red flag she was hiding something.

My kids have had the same Pediatrician since my oldest was a year old. She told me the other day when I was in there that the forehead bruises don't alarm her. She said if a kid comes in without at least one they worry the kid isn't being allowed to play.

The other injuries of course are another story. :thinking:

I agree, I do like the emoticons as well. I try not to use too many though so people don't take it the wrong way. :facepalm:

I'd like to see the picture she took or at least proof that she really did send a photo to him. I'll believe it when I see it.

Otherwise....isn't she nice to call out to strangers acting strange in front her house where she just moved and where she is alone with two young children. She even had the heart to invite them into her home. Wow, what a sweetheart.

jmo

(You took the words out of my mouth.)

A motive that I have been thinking about today...

He's obviously gone downhill health-wise in the last few months, as we've seen from the pictures and such.

If he was truly sick, maybe she panicked and said, "Crap. I can't take him to the doctor. They'll see what awful shape he's in and I'll be in trouble!"

So... she decided to take the route that is SO obvious to most of us now, it's sickening. Figuring she wouldn't get caught (and she hasn't yet...)

This is something I also have wondered about, and it could also coincide with the pull-up midday. If he was very, very sick it’s probable and very possible that he would be too ill to make it to the bathroom on his own. A pull-up would have been the answer. I have no idea if this is what happened, but if it did it would fit with the pull-up.

Can anyone tell me if these teeth still have the silver caps on them? To me it looks like they are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader