Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting to note that EG did not even have joint legal custody of the older boys. That’s very telling in my mind. Courts generally always try to give joint legal custody if both parents are deemed fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, in KS it is by default a shared legal custody state. If they weren’t married then EG’s ex would have had to file the paperwork himself to start limiting her access. I was a stepmother to a child whose parents weren’t married so we never had to go to court over her, we just handled everything privately (she’s now 25). When I went thru my divorce, we had to go thru the legal process of filing a parenting plan and everyone who does is required to attend the coparenting class (which is one of the classes EG did not attend).

But yes, it’s not common for one parent to have sole legal and physical custody here in KS, unless one parent lives out of state.

Trying to catch up like most of us have had to do during this thread because things have been moving super fast. (Stupid work today.)

Thinking about the drug angle...

I lost a baby (ectopic pregnancy) due to endometriosis. Mine was so bad that they took my uterus about 4 months later because the webbing had caused my uterus to be fused to the top of my bowels. Excruciating pain.
I became addicted to pain killers. Oxy, after Norco made my liver turn into crap. (Suffered from a bite by a brown recluse just as I was supposed to get "over" the hysterectomy healing, keeping me on pain meds.)

Before I weaned off Oxy though, I can tell you how AWFUL I was if I was late taking my "fix" for "pain". I can't believe my husband is still with me.
I'm talking the WORST behavior, and I'm ashamed at the way I acted. I punched a hole in the hole with a hairbrush because he was taking too long in the shower. I even fired employees because I looked for reasons to almost hate. Not a great time in my life.

I guess I'm just trying to point out that the withdrawal is H3LL. Especially when one has been addicted for too long. I had points of complete rage, for the smallest of reasons. I never physically abused anyone, but my words were horrible. Had I been the victim of parental physical abuse, I'm not sure that I wouldn't have. My dad was verbally abusive, that's what I did also.

Not looking for sympathy or empathy. Not trying to make excuses for E.G.

Just pointing out my personal experience and realizing that ppl have demons. I never thought I'd admit that I could have said some of the things I did. And I hope saying these things about myself doesn't get me locked up in some psyche ward.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

This appears to be here last tweet, in 2015. I tried to follow the link embedded, but it’s not appearing due to her fb privacy settings. From what I can tell, it appears to not be a podcast, but rather some sort of game...maybe a fb game?

Anyone here familiar with a Criminal Case game? Perhaps you can shed some light. TIA!

https://twitter.com/emily_glass/status/626296280843554816?s=21

IDK if anyone has answered, but I used to play it. It's basically just a puzzle game .They give you a scene and a list of items. You have a certain amount of time to find each item from the list. Nothing that would help a would be criminal learn how to plot a serious crime.

Hi RMT,

Did you take these pictures yourself? If so, could you provide the location/context of the photos? If you got the photos from another source, please link the source, as per TOS.

:tyou:

Here’s the link to EG’s pic of the cat.
https://www.facebook.com/DayByDayEAG/posts/10155079864863250

The Kansas Humane pics were taken down off of the website already. That was my fault for posting those. I can remove the post if needed or just put the single pic of her cat up. I’m fairly new to this and was not thinking clearly. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, in KS it is by default a shared legal custody state. If they weren’t married then EG’s ex would have had to file the paperwork himself to start limiting her access. I was a stepmother to a child whose parents weren’t married so we never had to go to court over her, we just handled everything privately (she’s now 25). When I went thru my divorce, we had to go thru the legal process of filing a parenting plan and everyone who does is required to attend the coparenting class (which is one of the classes EG did not attend).

But yes, it’s not common for one parent to have sole legal and physical custody here in KS, unless one parent lives out of state.

And even more rare that it's the father.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Here’s the link to EG’s pic of the cat.
https://www.facebook.com/DayByDayEAG/posts/10155079864863250

The Kansas Humane pics were taken down off of the website already. That was my fault for posting those. I can remove the post if needed or just put the single pic of her cat up. I’m fairly new to this and was not thinking clearly. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's okay. I think we can let it stand. Personally, I think that's a really cute kitty, but you may have noticed my bias. :)

For future reference, please try to include links. And I sure hope the kitty has now found a new, safe home.

Trying to catch up like most of us have had to do during this thread because things have been moving super fast. (Stupid work today.)

Thinking about the drug angle...

I lost a baby (ectopic pregnancy) due to endometriosis. Mine was so bad that they took my uterus about 4 months later because the webbing had caused my uterus to be fused to the top of my bowels. Excruciating pain.
I became addicted to pain killers. Oxy, after Norco made my liver turn into crap. (Suffered from a bite by a brown recluse just as I was supposed to get "over" the hysterectomy healing, keeping me on pain meds.)

Before I weaned off Oxy though, I can tell you how AWFUL I was if I was late taking my "fix" for "pain". I can't believe my husband is still with me.
I'm talking the WORST behavior, and I'm ashamed at the way I acted. I punched a hole in the hole with a hairbrush because he was taking too long in the shower. I even fired employees because I looked for reasons to almost hate. Not a great time in my life.

I guess I'm just trying to point out that the withdrawal is H3LL. Especially when one has been addicted for too long. I had points of complete rage, for the smallest of reasons. I never physically abused anyone, but my words were horrible. Had I been the victim of parental physical abuse, I'm not sure that I wouldn't have. My dad was verbally abusive, that's what I did also.

Not looking for sympathy or empathy. Not trying to make excuses for E.G.

Just pointing out my personal experience and realizing that ppl have demons. I never thought I'd admit that I could have said some of the things I did. And I hope saying these things about myself doesn't get me locked up in some psyche ward.

Thank you for sharing. That took a lot of courage. I hope things are going well for you now.

Katy, MsF, Ms.M, ocean, all you wonderful folks who have many years of experience following these types of cases (sorry "cases" sounds so impersonal), I've seen a lot in 5 years here, but I feel as though you ladies have followed more abuse/in house child murders...I have followedmore the random abduction/shootings cases...

Anyway, point is. Question: Sorry if already asked, but what other step mothers and live in girlfriends have murdered their small child, I would love to see a list and compare many things. Including what type of verbal responses they had, (any repeated mention of "that's on them" for example, what their disposal distance and technique was, etc, etc. Of course a similar crime does not necessarily indicate any similar approaches (just as there are variances about serial killers, shooters, etc).

Here are a few evil stpemoms. But most of the stepmom accused of murder did the killing with the husbands, sickly enough.

Here are a few that worked alone....:cry: :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...death-prosecutors-say/?utm_term=.f1976a6c4e45

‘Pure evil’: Stepmother put 4-year-old in scalding water, which led to his death, prosecutors say

April 19, 2016

On a morning last month, Robert Ritchie III awoke to find that his son was not breathing. The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that he sobbed into the phone to the police dispatcher: “I think my son died.”

The dispatcher asked Ritchie to try resuscitating the 4-year-old. “He is stiff as a board,” Ritchie cried.

His paternal instincts were right. Upon arrival at the Atrium Medical Center, in Middletown, Ohio, Austin Derreck Cooper was pronounced dead of shock from blood and fluid loss.

David Fornshell, the Warren County prosecutor, announced at a news conference Monday that Austin’s 25-year-old stepmother, Anna Ritchie, has been indicted on charges of murder, involuntary manslaughter, felonious assault and endangering children.

Fornshell told reporters Monday that Ritchie was resentful of being the primary caretaker of a child who was not biologically hers (she and Robert assumed guardianship of Austin in January). Ritchie allegedly considered the scalding bath a punishment, holding Austin in waters of approximately 134 degrees for up to 25 minutes.

http://fox40.com/2017/07/27/mom-of-toddler-allegedly-abused-by-his-stepmother-speaks-out/

Mom of Toddler Allegedly Abused by His Stepmother Speaks Out

JULY 27, 2017

OAKLAND -- There's a devastated mother at the hospital right now forced with making the toughest decision of her life -- to take her 2-year-old son off life support after he suffered abuse that she says could have been prevented.

"He didn't deserve this, he was only 2 he had his whole life ahead of him," said Brittany Gonzales, Jackson's mom.

You can see the heartbreak on her face and hear the devastation in her voice.

Her son Jackson was beaten so badly he's being kept alive by machines.

From December 2016 to June 2017 Child Protective Services in San Joaquin County says there were seven reports of abuse against the toddler. According to CPS, Maynard was never specifically named as the abuser.

Gonzales says not enough was done to protect her child.

Mikey Habbestad with San Joaquin County CPS says on behalf of this family CPS has received 14 reports - seven of which involve Jackson.

Reports have been filed in both San Joaquin County and Stanislaus County.

The reports involving Jackson include:

1 in Dec 2016
1 in Feb 2017
2 in March 2017
1 in April 2017
2 in June 2017

Of the seven reports made about Jackson, CPS only responded to three of them.

https://www.ranker.com/list/step-parents-who-killed-their-step-children/amandatullos

Missing Girl Was Dismembered by Stepmother

Zahra Baker was reported missing from her Hickory, North Carolina, home on October 9, 2010. A month later, the 10-year-old's dismembered remains were found. The girl, who was disabled and deaf, was murdered by her stepmother, Elisa Baker.

Elisa confessed to police, explaining that Zahra actually died two weeks before she reported her missing. She dismembered her body to conceal Zahra's identity. In September 2011, Elisa pled guilty and was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

https://www.ranker.com/list/step-parents-who-killed-their-step-children/amandatullos

Stepmother Rapes and Kills 2-year-old Stepdaughter

Renee King sexually assaulted two-year-old toddler, Lily Furneaux-Wolfenbarger, and slammed her head against the floor in November 2010 while her father was at work. The girl's head was slammed into the ground at least 20 times by her stepmother, killing her.

When Lily was taken to the hospital, her father told her birth mother, Lauren Furneaux, that Renee had fallen on her in the shower. In February 2015, a jury found King guilty of murder and sentenced her to life in prison. The prosecution explained King killed Lily because she had "acted up"

It's okay. I think we can let it stand. Personally, I think that's a really cute kitty, but you may have noticed my bias. :)

For future reference, please try to include links. And I sure hope the kitty has now found a new, safe home.

Thank you! I will for sure include all links and credible sources moving forward. I don’t want to get the thread shut down or be in WS timeout. 🤦🏻*♀️

I hope the Kitty has found a new home as well!

Katy, MsF, Ms.M, ocean, all you wonderful folks who have many years of experience following these types of cases (sorry "cases" sounds so impersonal), I've seen a lot in 5 years here, but I feel as though you ladies have followed more abuse/in house child murders...I have followedmore the random abduction/shootings cases...

Anyway, point is. Question: Sorry if already asked, but what other step mothers and live in girlfriends have murdered their small child, I would love to see a list and compare many things. Including what type of verbal responses they had, (any repeated mention of "that's on them" for example, what their disposal distance and technique was, etc, etc. Of course a similar crime does not necessarily indicate any similar approaches (just as there are variances about serial killers, shooters, etc).

That's a tall order, Margarita! :scared: Seriously though, it would be great to have such a database available to us sleuthers!

Mind you, most stepmoms are wonderful people - we hear about the bad apples 'cuz it makes for headlines. But there are some awful cases out there.

I haven't personally followed any stepmother cases (as in from the time the child went missing through the trial and sentencing) but it does make me think to write up some of the cases I follow in the future. If we all did that with just one or two cases that we know inside and out we could compile a heck of a report!
Anyway, sorry I couldn't help. I just wanted to say your idea is a good one. :loveyou:

Yeah, this whole thing was a bad idea. She knew she'd be suspect number 1.
I'm not so sure her way of dealing with it was a good idea either.
Obviously it's worked for her so far, but that could just be luck.
Look at Caylee, she should have been found immediately but she wasn't. :thinking:

I knew I liked you. :loveyou:
I know right? I mean I simply can't imagine weed having anything to do with this.
Even with the newer weed, people i know with anxiety or anger issues are made calmer by it.

So if anything I would expect that if it has anything to do with weed, she maybe ran out.
I would be shocked if she was using that when this happened, other drugs not so much.
It's reasonable to me that she might have been using weed for pain relief.
Legal or not, no judgment from me on that issue. :twocents:

Disclaimer: I've never smoked weed because I never break the law, I'm far too anxious and too much of a rule follower! However, I have a family full of people who have in the past or do now.

A little levity: My stoned parents once assembled a trampoline in the garage in the middle of the night.
(It was my birthday the next day so they were trying to be sneaky.)

They then had to disassemble it and reassemble it outside when they realized a 17 foot trampoline won't fit through the garage door, no matter how completely stoned you are. :thinking:

Love this post, lol...

Jumping off this, so maybe she was out of weed.

Since we have confirmed she likes to smoke (or did in 2015 or whenever it was), maybe Lucas is near where she gets her weed. If she wasn't already stocked up.
This sounds like a stretch, but I'm basing this strictly on awareness space / geographic profiling aspects, moo.

Eta:

Wait a minute, this is wacky...has Rossmo ever been applied to disposal/recovery???! Can we take our variables and plug them into Rossmo and see what it looks like? We need at least 5 data points...Do we have these?

Eta: off the top of my head, 5 data points (I know there are more as 5 parks have been searched, since we don't know why I'm we should have a couple formulas with and without all the parks maybe:

1. Current residence.
2. Former Residence
3. GPNC / Chisholm
4. Pawnee Prairie (or wherever TES has been this weekend)
5. West Airport Cessna Park
6. Where she lived, grew up
7. Known places they have camped, visiTed etc.

*please feel free to contribute.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossmo's_formula

FORMULA:

attachment.php

Source link: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...tings-April-June-2016&p=12691633#post12691633

Any mathematicians in the house? I always bring up Rossmo, but finding someone to actually take it on is the hard part! FTR the math is way over my head!

Thank you! I will for sure include all links and credible sources moving forward. I don’t want to get the thread shut down or be in WS timeout. 🤦🏻*♀️

I hope the Kitty has found a new home as well!

It has to have been surrendered. How else would there be that new address?
It might have been microchipped with her cell number.
Something about the cat being black and white is rubbing me wrong!
She is working black and white into her story!
Coincidence that the cat is colored the same?
& it was not allowed to live there per rental agreement?
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't think EG is ever going to confess to anything. As she becomes more cornered she's going to continue to blame someone else. More than likely, like Casey Anthony, she'll eventually point the finger at an actual person in her life instead of "a black man and a white woman".
These types of people just never tell the truth once their public "mask" of a persona is stripped from them.
jmo

That vague accusation she made against the couple was so unbelievable. If two criminals are looking for a house to burglarize, or to kidnap a child from, do they stand outside the home in broad daylight, talking loud? And when the homeowner comes and speaks to them, will they stand there for 15 more minutes, smoking? No, I don't think so. :no:

That's a tall order, Margarita! :scared: Seriously though, it would be great to have such a database available to us sleuthers!

Mind you, most stepmoms are wonderful people - we hear about the bad apples 'cuz it makes for headlines. But there are some awful cases out there.

I haven't personally followed any stepmother cases (as in from the time the child went missing through the trial and sentencing) but it does make me think to write up some of the cases I follow in the future. If we all did that with just one or two cases that we know inside and out we could compile a heck of a report!
Anyway, sorry I couldn't help. I just wanted to say your idea is a good one. :loveyou:

Thank you. Talking with you right now is like Terrilynn dejavu, as TES currently searches...

And yes big hugs to all the great stepmoms out there...

Oceanblueeyes, what do they call her again? "Bonus Momma" iirc? :heart:

It has to have been surrendered. How else would there be that new address?
It might have been microchipped with her cell number.
Something about the cat being black and white is rubbing me wrong!
She is working black and white into her story!
Coincidence that the cat is colored the same?
& it was not allowed to live there per rental agreement?
Moo

I agree completely. Something is off. I’d love to know who picked up the cat and if there’s cameras. Especially due to the dates and when Lucas was last seen. Something is making me wonder on this and not something I would have thought a cat could do. Lol

There are some. One of the places I’ve thought might be worth checking out is north of Park City, off I35 out by the Kansas Coliseum. It used to be THE place where all the big concerts were held, trade shows, big events, hockey games, etc. There was also the Greyhound Park where the dog races were held. It’s been closed for a number of years and the Coliseum is still used for things like dog shows and RV shows. There is a big campground out there too. I remember reading that EG’s boys live out in Park City and everybody whose lived in this area in the past 5 years or more has been out to the Coliseum before. It’s way out in the county but she could get there quickly by getting on Kellogg and then taking the I35 ramp.

McLean Park in Park City is another place I am interested in searching.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...d=0ahUKEwjhl5jCv9TZAhWI3oMKHduyCToQ_BIIlQEwCg

(OT margarita thank you so much. Your thoughts and prayers mean more than you know. So glad to see you on Lucas' thread, too)

I agree completely. Something is off. I’d love to know who picked up the cat and if there’s cameras. Especially due to the dates and when Lucas was last seen. Something is making me wonder on this and not something I would have thought a cat could do. Lol

Think about it, if something happened on 2/11, the cat could have run out in the chaos.
Or if the owners showed up,
She could have put it out and it began to wander in an unfamiliar area.
The two people that showed up took the cat with them and turned it in as a stray and a microchip had EG cell # and she went to get it back?

The cat fits in somewhere in this tragedy!
MOO

Thank you for sharing. That took a lot of courage. I hope things are going well for you now.

I took a long time to post that. Kept re-writing. Deleted a few times before I just made myself hit the button to let it go live.

Things are awesome. I even feel a bit better for exposing myself. Cathartic.

I think we probably all have some stuff in our closets that we aren't proud of, but maybe those things draw us to this forum. It's easy to come up with theories as to why we (some of us, not all) think the person we are sleuthing does what they did.

We are a family here. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I find myself sometimes trying to understand the WHY bad things happen, because I always think there's something underlying.

Again, not excusing bad behavior. Especially when an innocent child is the victim. I'm definitely not giving E.G. a "buy" but I kind of want to be just as mad at her circumstance.

In the end though, what the heck happened to this sweet boy?
Where is he?
Why does he have to be a "case" for us to follow?
He should be warm, playing with his toys, getting kissed goodnight.

Think about it, if something happened on 2/11, the cat could have run out in the chaos.
Or if the owners showed up,
She could have put it out and it began to wander in an unfamiliar area.
The two people that showed up took the cat with them and turned it in as a stray and a microchip had EG cell # and she went to get it back?

The cat fits in somewhere in this tragedy!
MOO

That’s exactly how I feel. Or an alibi to be in that area. Or that area is to throw search efforts off. This case has taken so many turns I’m not sure what to think at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member