Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a pet store or vet near 655 N Edgemoor that she may have been taking the cat to and he escaped?

There are some relatively close.. The Cat Hospital, East Central Vet, and Caring Hearts.

I think the more plausible scenario is that the cat was picked up at their new house and animal control said “North” instead of “South”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random thoughts about how the cat situation might fit in...

Back door was wide open and "he" was missing. Half truth??

"Someone running barefoot" Chasing a cat??

I did call it in and I can honestly say that they did not take it seriously. Didn’t understand at all even after trying to explain. I’m not sure who they have working the tip line but it is concerning to me at this point. It might not be anything but could be something. [emoji53]

I did call it in and I can honestly say that they did not take it seriously. Didn’t understand at all even after trying to explain. I’m not sure who they have working the tip line but it is concerning to me at this point. It might not be anything but could be something. [emoji53]

Thank you for calling it in!! That's concerning about your experience with the tip line!

Perhaps it would be useful to get the info directly to Texas Equusearch? Oh...and let them know to bolo for cat carriers too.

(They may want to see if the cat can join their search party...but they probably def. won't take you seriously if you said that...so maybe skip that part...lol).

Thank you so much for calling it in.
Whoever is manning the phone just didn't get it imo.
I bet the FBI CARD Team is all over every angle of this though.
jmo

Thank you for calling it in!! That's concerning about your experience with the tip line!

Perhaps it would be useful to get the info directly to Texas Equusearch? Oh...and let them know to bolo for cat carriers too.

(They may want to see if the cat can join their search party...but they probably def. won't take you seriously if you said that...so maybe skip that part...lol).

Hahahaha! I won’t say anything about the cat joining but my mind did go there last night. Lol! The tip line experience was frustrating to say the least. Hopefully it all is logged anyway.

Thank you, RMT. Perhaps they need the pictures to understand completely?

Thoughts about the pull up.

EG says she put on the pull up. Pull ups are designed to be like underpants, for one reason that the child can put them on, pull them up and down by themselves.

A five year old can dress themselves for bed and be told to put on a pull up, you can watch them do it if you have any concerns, but there's no major reason why you have to put it on for them.

If the child is going down for a nap, there's not really any reason to put the pants on over the pull up. Presumably she'd tuck Lucas in a blanket in front of the device that the movie is playing on. He's indoors, it's warm. There could be an explanation for i, maybe he didn't feel comfortable walking around the house in a pull up without his pants over the top? But it's something else that might be worth questioning further.

I think this could be something to flag for further questioning.

Re. the cat. It doesn't look like the same cat. The facial markings are different. EG's cat has white on its right cheek in places where the picked-up cat has black.

IDK, my 5 year old struggles to put certain clothes on herself. She can do a lot of it, but I still help her with all of it because she takes forever if I don't and sometimes gets frustrated and upset. Now, she does pull her own undies up and down to go to the bathroom by herself, but I do help her get them on to begin with.

Does anyone know how much the wind affects the dogs (cadaver or other)? They clocked a 45 mph up there a while ago.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Hi all. I already checked with the mods and Tricia and have been given permission to post this link to the for Texas Equusearch. This was set up solely for Texas Equusearch to offset some costs associated with searching for Lucas. The total requested is $2,000. Once the money they are requesting is raised, all mentions of the fundraiser will be removed.
https://www.facebook.com/donate/360613741087140/

This amount in no way reflects the total amount needed for the search. I’m curious what the total amount will be by the time Lucas is found :(. A friend of mine has been arranging for the food donations and has is in frequent contact with Tim. She set up the fundraiser for TES as a way to help because she thinks so highly of them. I think it’s great that it’s been shared!

Things brings up an idea.
When we were looking to adopt a pet several years ago, we went to the animal shelter and did the whole application, met the pet, etc.
Then, we got approved! So, they "reserved" him.

I can't read the tag, does it say "picked up at" and then her address?

Anyway, could it be that she went through the process on like, the 9th, and then was "approved" on the 10th to adopt him, and then went and picked him up a couple days later? Or no?
In my area, when they pick up strays they give them usually about a week in "holding" for the owner to be found or come and find them and pick them up, then if the animal is not claimed they get them ready and put them up for adoption.

Is there a pet store or vet near 655 N Edgemoor that she may have been taking the cat to and he escaped?

The address is likely a simple mistake, many people would have no idea if it was north or south Edgemoor if a citizen or even an animal control worker picked the cat up. It also may be a simple computer addition if someone typed in 655 Edgemoor and the computer added the N. they may have just left it without caring or noticing.

****The only really creepy thought on this is that 655 NORTH Edgemoor is 2 blocks from the Otero home (first BTK victims)!

It is gonna be windy the next few days, wonder if that causes problems with using drones.

The address is likely a simple mistake, many people would have no idea if it was north or south Edgemoor if a citizen or even an animal control worker picked the cat up. It also may be a simple computer addition if someone typed in 655 Edgemoor and the computer added the N. they may have just left it without caring or noticing.

****The only really creepy thought on this is that 655 NORTH Edgemoor is 2 blocks from the Otero home (first BTK victims)!

Yikes at creepy factor!

You may right about the address being in error. But why would animal control pick up a cat from its owner's address? In other words, it was home. And appears from the pictures as well taken care of. Who would have called it in? The address, if the N was a mistake, is her exact address. Not a neighbor's even.

Is Edgemoor the new address or the old apartment address? I'm sorry, not being local the addresses/street names aren't sticking with me as well as the rest of the information.

Is Edgemoor the new address or the old apartment address? I'm sorry, not being local the addresses/street names aren't sticking with me as well as the rest of the information.
New address

Yikes at creepy factor!

You may right about the address being in error. But why would animal control pick up a cat from its owner's address? In other words, it was home. And appears from the pictures as well taken care of.

If it was outside their home or wandered to another nearby house which is on a very high traffic street, a neighbor probably picked it up and having no idea where it belonged they called animal control to come get it.

Do we know if the cat had a locator chip in it? Just wondering.

Oh dear...this just got me thinking. Could she have used a cat carrier to move Lucas' body.

A few threads back, this idea was brought up by someone else and it is a fantastic one. Far better than a stroller or carriage, where people might see Lucas and question if he was alive. Also, she could have put a couple of blankets in there to keep the body fluids from leaking in the back of her SUV (IF she used her SUV). If she used a medium sized carrier, he would fit in it easily.

This would make much more sense, and it would be far less suspicious or noticeable when driving around searching for a place to put him. After, she could always dispose the cat carrier in a dumpster behind the apartments where no one would be the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member