Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping....here's the info on the cat story.

I was hoping the cat was going to be a clue....but doesn't look like it.

jmo

It still could be significant enough as far as whereabouts and the time line of when Lucas was last seen.

When did she surrender the cat again? Feb 13th or was that the pick up? Either way, that might be the reason why LE searched that park across the street.

It still could be significant enough as far as whereabouts and the time line of when Lucas was last seen.

When did she surrender the cat again? Feb 13th or was that the pick up? Either way, that might be the reason why LE searched that park across the street.

Surrendered on the 12th and picked up by someone on the 13th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rescue group is K-9 Karma I believe. Rsbm

(O/t, this reminds me:

Just as Tim Miller got involved in SAR/MP, so did Mark Klaas, as we know and love well here on WS.

Mark Klaas was actually on Dateline last night (might have been a repeat, Michelle Le, "Vanished"...) In addition to MK, who's daughter Polly was abducted and killed ( Incredible Organization created in her honor: http://klaaskids.org/ ), Amber Dubois' mother was also contacted to assist in the search for Michelle (2 years after the murder of her own daughter, what a stong woman! ). She too had formed a MP/SAR organization. And the irony is she (thanks to her adorable SAR dog in training) located Michelle's remains! After months and months of unsuccessful searches through rough terrain, 100 degree heat, canyons, dumpsites....

Three parents right there. Mark Klaas reiterated on the show the importance of this type of work, and how there needs to be more people doing it (or something along those lines).

In Michelle's case, Mark met her family in a yucky motel room along the highway where the family had hurriedly gathered nearby, they all had their laptops, they were exhausted, frustrated, didn't know what to do, had called on MK to help....well the first thing is told them is "you've got to get out of this awful depressing place".

One thing MK did for the LE family was help develop a relationship between them and LE, meaning, finally got LE to tell them where to search (which was very far away and based on ping info they originally kept close to the vest).

ETA:
Disregard, Answered just above by family spokesperson

What is the "DUE OUT" date (2/19) and REVIEW" date (2/22) ?

If it's due to be "out" on the 19th, how can it be reviewed 3 days later on the 22nd, after it's already "out"?

Just trying to gain an understanding of what those dates mean exactly and how they relate to one another....

Again, are we sure this is a stray or owner surrender? Something else? Very odd that it has ALL the correct owner information on its cage (to include its name AND an updated address, (minus the North vs South confusion) which they had JUST moved into. I remember the stress of moving, and remembering to make a new cat tag for the collar with the updated address or to give the microchip company your new, updated information is VERY organized, considering they supposedly moved on the 7th and this cat was found just 5 days later on the 12th. Just odd.

Owner surrender is what I was told.

That's a really fast turnaround time for a stray/surrender to be adopted out or taken by a rescue organization, isn't it....

That's a really fast turnaround time for a stray/surrender to be adopted out or taken by a rescue organization, isn't it....

Yes, that’s what I thought too. 🤷🏻*♀️

If it is owner surrender and verified rabies vac they will send the animal out quickly for adoption due to space requirements.

As a side note, since our VI just gave us that information about the cat surrender, either LE is already aware of and has investigated this event (ie, checking video footage of the shelter), or they were personally just updated by this gentleman :)

I love it (not really) how she says "that's on them" and "that's on you."
Like when she said that the people who think she did something to Lucas, that's "not her problem. That's on them."

No, honey. This one is on YOU. Where is Lucas?!?

Great catch.......

Hmmmmm....

So, does she think "that's on Lucas?"??

Classic sociopath behavior. Throwing shade,and casting blame on others.

I'm glad the cat found a new home. (I sorta hope she got a new name too. Not real fond of the one she had.)

jmo

The story still works, though!

On the 12th, she went to surrender her cat. I’m sure they asked questions or had her fill out paperwork which would keep her there for a bit. LE saw phone pings and that’s what less then there.

Either way, she was there and she should be on camera WITH Lucas and the 1 year old. If Lucas isn’t with her then we know something happened before that time.
I feel that if she was there because of the cat, she would tell LE to cover herself. But why list Scully as a stray, to avoid paying fees?

Maybe she did drop the cat off to give proof to the landlord, but then went back to get the cat back the next day.

The glass picture is not her. It is a lady that works at K-9 Karma- a rescue. They posted the picture on their Facebook trying to find the owners/get someone to adopt the cat.

Ok, so another question - would the cat be brought there if it were just found, or would it be taken somewhere else? Under what circumstances is a cat taken to this specific location?

Regarding the cat- Wichita has a horrible stray cat problem. It is unusual for animal control to pick up stray cats to be honest. I see them all the time, everywhere...the city even did a citizen survey not too long back asking opinions on if they should catch and shelter cats; catch, spay/neuter and release, or just leave them be- because there are so many. Could she have maybe called in to animal control to have the cat picked up, for an alibi when she picked it up? *spitballing*
ETA: I missed the post where the VI stated she surrendered the cat so disregard sorry

I feel that if she was there because of the cat, she would tell LE to cover herself. But why list Scully as a stray, to avoid paying fees?

Maybe she did drop the cat off to give proof to the landlord, but then went back to get the cat back the next day.

My guess is she listed as a stray to avoid the uncomfortable feeling of giving up a family pet.

No further comment.

jmo

Classic sociopath behavior. Throwing shade,and casting blame on others.

(One thing my ex did was "answer a question with a question"...that was a dead giveaway when he was lying...)

(Eta: Oh and the question right back at me would be something like "what did yoooooouuu do tonight...."..lol)

AFAIK, getting an animal back after surrender may not be possible. At least near me, I know of a case where someone surrendered their dog and then wanted it back the next day, The shelter would not allow it.

Perhaps this is a common shelter policy?

Owner surrender is what I was told.

Interesting that she surrendered the cat on the 12th and picked the cat up on the 13th?

AFAIK, getting an animal back after surrender may not be possible. At least near me, I know of a case where someone surrendered their dog and then wanted it back the next day, The shelter would not allow it.

Perhaps this is a common shelter policy?
We don't know if she gave her name, the address is wrong, and the cat was surrendered as a stray. But it's all moot if the cat is still not currently at S 655 Edgemoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee