Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I am so glad that we have WS as a more measured, fact-based discussion space for cases like these. It's making me appreciate the TOS here so much more.

Fingers crossed that the TES makes some headway in finding Lucas today. Two weeks is too long for this lovely little boy to be missing.

I've been mapping out-of-the-way river park areas or just river access areas over 10 miles from his home.

One of those most popular events during Riverfest is a medallion hunt with a cash prize ($1000 last year). Clues are given and last year it was in a ditch next to the Redbud trail for example. This festival is 10 days so if Lucas isn’t found before then, this might be a second chance to find him.

Just a side note, we have something like 140 parks just in Wichita. The possibilities really are endless. If Lucas has been left outside somewhere inside the city limits, I am certain he will be found. I remember when BTK resurfaced, he left clues out in the rural areas (up North of Wichita because he lived in Park City) so I do agree that looking close to where Lucas and the family lived, past and present, makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "cliff" needs to be checked!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We called it “the rock” I believe other people refer to it as party cove or rock quarry. I’ll look for pictures.

ETA - here’s a video (can I post this???). I never jumped in but everyone always talked about how deep the water is right here. I believe people like to scuba dive this hole, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7j8crMVDiY

Also, I have no indication/feeling one way or another that she would put him here or that it would need searched.

We’ve had a busy day so I’ll stop by before bed tonight to catch up.

We’re at a vigil for Lucas at Boston Park near Harry and Woodlawn.

ETA: cheese Louise, I meant to add at 7 pm.

I am thinking today about how Sherin Mathews was found in an area that many others had searched in prior days, to no avail. Repeat searches couldn't hurt..and also, I personally believe closer to home as opposed to far from home. I read an article (ref'd in one of Sherin Mathews early threads) that claimed most women perps bury or dispose (sorry..) closer to home, while male perps opt for very far away. Obviously not all, but as a statistic. Just thinking..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We&#8217;ve had a busy day so I&#8217;ll stop by before bed tonight to catch up.

We&#8217;re at a vigil for Lucas at Boston Park near Harry and Woodlawn.

Take your time. We'll be here when you are available to post (that's the good thing about the internet!).

Thinking of you guys. I'm there in spirit

<modsnip>

I am so glad that we have WS as a more measured, fact-based discussion space for cases like these. It's making me appreciate the TOS here so much more.

Fingers crossed that the TES makes some headway in finding Lucas today. Two weeks is too long for this lovely little boy to be missing.

A fair amount of rumored info from FB keeps getting either discussed or mentioned briefly in posts here and it can make it really hard to stick to the facts/info from LE. Discussing rumors as fact isn't allowed. Just because you don't link to the FB group you originally saw the rumor, doesn't make it okay to still post about it here.

To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a &#8220;fact,&#8221; you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.

Tips keep being discussed at length, to the point of ideas for new areas to search or what may have happened to Lucas being based on aforementioned tips, when TOS says we aren't even allowed to discuss tips.
Do report valid information or tips to the proper authorities. DO NOT, however, post your tips on Websleuths.

I'm sure I'm giving the impression that I'm an uptight, no-fun Nancy, but it's TOS that keeps Websleuths from being a drama-filled, rumor-fueled, openly accusatory 3-ring circus like "other places"

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

We called it “the rock” I believe other people refer to it as party cove or rock quarry. I’ll look for pictures.

ETA - here’s a video (can I post this???). I never jumped in but everyone always talked about how deep the water is right here. I believe people like to scuba dive this hole, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7j8crMVDiY

Also, I have no indication/feeling one way or another that she would put him here or that it would need searched.

Hi Royal- where is it located?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Sending love from Chicago <3

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reminder: Please don't bring stuff from the "groups" to WS without a MSM or LE link (unless you're a VI). It's against the rules and it can shut down the thread while mods clean it up. Let's keep this discussion open.

jmo

A fair amount of rumored info from FB keeps getting either discussed or mentioned briefly in posts here and it can make it really hard to stick to the facts/info from LE. Discussing rumors as fact isn't allowed. Just because you don't link to the FB group you originally saw the rumor, doesn't make it okay to still post about it here.

Tips keep being discussed at length, to the point of ideas for new areas to search or what may have happened to Lucas being based on aforementioned tips, when TOS says we aren't even allowed to discuss tips.

I'm sure I'm giving the impression that I'm an uptight, no-fun Nancy, but it's TOS that keeps Websleuths from being a drama-filled, rumor-fueled, openly accusatory 3-ring circus like "other places"

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thanks isn't enough for your post. I totally agree and I get very confused sometimes where information is coming from. I pretty sure I have read every post on each of the 8 threads and still wonder where some info comes from.

Even mentioning the drama on FB groups isn't necessary here. jmo imo moo

So I will join your club MissMalowe of uptight people.

Thanks isn't enough for your post. I totally agree and I get very confused sometimes where information is coming from. I pretty sure I have read every post on each of the 8 threads and still wonder where some info comes from.

Even mentioning the drama on FB groups isn't necessary here. jmo imo moo

So I will join your club MissMalowe of uptight people.

Welcome to the 2 member club! Membership is free....and I have cookies!
:happydance:
More from link:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...&#8221;
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don&#8217;t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...&#8221;: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

(O/T: sorry guys, but Caylee's case has me just sick. And now, so does Lucas'. I will never, ever, ever not be shocked that Casey got away with murder. I mean, she walks free now. She "sleeps pretty good at night" - her own words! I sure don't sleep pretty good at night when I think about that poor little girls life, taken, so how the hell does she).

That makes me sick. Even if she DIDN'T kill her (we all know she did), I would NEVER sleep good at night again if I lost one of my kids that way. Someone would have to lock me away in a nutty farm.

:lurk:

Hi everyone, let's try to stick to the topic of finding Lucas, please. And no more FB references, as per TOS.

:tyou:

We want to know what kind of social life she had, where she hung out, who she hung out with/was attracted to, and even how she dressed. Hobbies, sports, did she always have a boyfriend or was she a girlie friend girl, cars she drove, etc. I have a feeling she is attracted to water. And since Lucas was afraid of it and she seemingly loathed him, this might be an important psychological factor to examine.

Also, please consider becoming a VI if that's a qualifier.

I'm still trying to catch up here ( not sure I ever will, this thread moves SO fast) but how do you come to the conclusion that EG loathes little Lucas?

Just wanted to say, my heart goes out to your family. I can't even imagine what you're going through but I sure hope you're feeling the love and concern of all here.

I've been here a pretty long time and just want to say how proud I am of everyone here. Not only your thoughts and ideas on search areas (which then incredibly, local members go act upon which is amazing team work) but also on your passion, your insight and your inspiration. How lucky little Lucas is to have so many who love him.

I am unfortunately leaning now towards he's either far away and not by EG transporting him or very, very close as in maybe even within the neighborhood. For some reason I'm thinking indoors if not water. I think she's too lazy and was in too much of a hurry to bury him and I don't quite picture her throwing him in a ditch or treeline for some reason. I'm leaning more to an abandoned building of sorts and hidden within... Either covered by a lot of junk or hay or wood or something.

Sadly, I'm not as good at picking out final resting areas as some of you and I will truly be surprised if someone in this thread hasn't pegged it. He's just waiting on the right area to be searched so he can be found.

Between TES (BTW Marcus Wolfe was another of his teams finds), LE and you guys, I DO feel he will be found.

Saying prayers for all of you and sending giant hugs.... Worried about how everyone will be affected if the outcome is bad and I don't want to see any of you go away for good.

Not sure if these have been posted yet. I was trying to find info on where exactly Texas EquuSearch was focusing their search efforts and found these from KWCH 12 News

Volunteer Bake Sale Raised $800 To Fund Reward $ For Info on Lucas's Disappearance
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Bake-sale-for-Lucas-Hernandez-search-475749073.html

Volunteers Search Pawnee Prairie Park
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Volunteers-search--475746543.html

This was already posted Friday/yesterday, but after reading it again just now, I noticed there was no mention of JH/Dad by Tim Miller (TES) or in that whole article at all, only mom??? Strange.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/475671453.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member