Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to check the deck in her backyard. Ugh.

We searched several bridges near creeks today but I have no idea what time.

I spent some time in the basement today. That’s why I asked. Thanks for all your hard work, Pink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you get to scanner thread ( and is that what you call the basement)

I'm still trying to catch up here ( not sure I ever will, this thread moves SO fast) but how do you come to the conclusion that EG loathes little Lucas?
Personal opinion.

I really don’t feel like I’m qualified to be a VI. I am a couple of years younger than Emily but my sister is her age and knew her very well.

Mind you this was nearly 10 years ago and people definitely change.

Emily did not have much of a social life. She kept to herself. She did not play sports. She was definitely a “misfit” at the school— she just didn’t fit in with any group. She was quiet. She was awkward. If you ask my sister she would say she was a pot head in high school.

She was never really in trouble during the years we knew her. I chatted with my sister this morning and we both don’t ever remember her being a pest to teachers or faculty and we definitely don’t remember her being in trouble with law enforcement.

We don’t remember what kind of cars she would drive.

A lot of kids her age partied at El Dorado lake.. there is a large rocky area that people would “cliff dive” off of (I say cliff but it really isn’t very high).

If someone could flag this post for a mod to see it that would be awesome. They can delete if necessary or I can talk to them about how I know Emily.

This post is fine. Thank you for sharing what you and your sister remember about EG in high school.

I hate to say this but locals please keep an active eye out for vultures:(
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/article1115746.html
They come in masses to the Marion area of Kansas every spring. Marion is about a one hour drive from Wichita.
But the vultures spread out and have wide ranges.
"Biologists think vultures are probably attracted to Marion’s water tower because its height makes it easier for the birds to soar away in the morning."
http://kswildlife.org/ww/turkey-vulture/
"[FONT=&amp]Turkey Vultures are scavengers that feed a[/FONT][FONT=&amp]lmost exclusively on carrion. Their outstanding sense of smell allows them to detect gases generated by decay processes in dead animals"
[/FONT]
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/man-calls-hannah-graham-tip-line-after-sighting-20-30-buzzards/
"There was buzzards on the rooftop, as well as on a tree on the back left corner of the property," said Pugh. "Not a normal amount, 20 to 30 at least."
"Nearly three weeks after Pugh's phone call volunteers from Chesterfield searching for Graham discovered human remains near an abandoned property off Old Lynchburg Road."

[FONT=&amp]So sad but watch the skies[/FONT]:mad:
[FONT=&amp]jmo
[/FONT]

Quick update: TEQ isn’t requesting the help of community volunteers at this time.

Residents are still encouraged to check their private property, ponds and outbuildings.

The community is still welcome to conduct their own public searches and to contact WPD if they find anything suspicious.

FLA will probably check in shortly. They’ve had a very busy day.

Thanks for all of your support. You guys are awesome!

Quick update: TEQ isn’t requesting the help of community volunteers at this time.

Residents are still encouraged to check their private property, ponds and outbuildings.

The community is still welcome to conduct their own public searches and to contact WPD if they find anything suspicious.

FLA will probably check in shortly. They’ve had a very busy day.

Thanks for all of your support. You guys are awesome!

Am I allowed to ask how you're related?

Not being rude, just curious. Appreciate you!

Am I allowed to ask how you're related?

Not being rude, just curious. Appreciate you!
Hi Leyash - represents the family on WS as of today.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Leyash - represents the family on WS as of today.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Not related, just works with the Missing person's organization that is helping them. Also verified spokesperson now.

I am thinking today about how Sherin Mathews was found in an area that many others had searched in prior days, to no avail. Repeat searches couldn't hurt..and also, I personally believe closer to home as opposed to far from home. I read an article (ref'd in one of Sherin Mathews early threads) that claimed most women perps bury or dispose (sorry..) closer to home, while male perps opt for very far away. Obviously not all, but as a statistic. Just thinking..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the same with Blake Bernstein. That park was searched at least once before his body was found in the park in the brush.

I am thinking today about how Sherin Mathews was found in an area that many others had searched in prior days, to no avail. Repeat searches couldn't hurt..and also, I personally believe closer to home as opposed to far from home. I read an article (ref'd in one of Sherin Mathews early threads) that claimed most women perps bury or dispose (sorry..) closer to home, while male perps opt for very far away. Obviously not all, but as a statistic. Just thinking..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Especially if a heavy storm comes through.

Missing Pieces Network has been working closely with the family of Lucas Hernandez since he was first reported missing.

It’s now been two long weeks since 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez was reported missing from his home in the 600 block of S. Edgemoor St. in Wichita, KS.

Family members are hopeful that the addition of Texas Equusearch will help lead to the location of Lucas. They are also thankful to those in the Wichita community who have come together to search several local parks and who have offered support and words of encouragement.

The family is now appealing to private land owners in Wichita and surrounding counties for help. They are asking the public to check their properties - including farm land, wooded areas, ponds, and outbuildings - for anything suspicious.

Anyone who finds something that may be related to the disappearance of Lucas is asked to contact the Wichita Police Department tip line at 316-383-4661.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1789972091308961

I'm so glad to hear that family is asking people to search their own properties! When LE didn't make the same appeal I really thought it was because they were homing in on a specific location. I know they have more info than they are releasing but from other cases I've followed that's been done in nearly all but ones where LE was on top of an area. Not dissing WPD, just curious.

And thanks to all of you who are working so hard to brainstorm locations; I'm too far away to be of much help and y'all don't need me anyway but wow, I'm impressed with your efforts!
:yourock:

If the 911 call is released you can bet your booties I'll be chiming in!

I hate to say this but locals please keep an active eye out for vultures:(
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/article1115746.html
They come in masses to the Marion area of Kansas every spring. Marion is about a one hour drive from Wichita.
But the vultures spread out and have wide ranges.
"Biologists think vultures are probably attracted to Marion’s water tower because its height makes it easier for the birds to soar away in the morning."
http://kswildlife.org/ww/turkey-vulture/
"[FONT=&amp]Turkey Vultures are scavengers that feed a[/FONT][FONT=&amp]lmost exclusively on carrion. Their outstanding sense of smell allows them to detect gases generated by decay processes in dead animals"
[/FONT]
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/man-calls-hannah-graham-tip-line-after-sighting-20-30-buzzards/
"There was buzzards on the rooftop, as well as on a tree on the back left corner of the property," said Pugh. "Not a normal amount, 20 to 30 at least."
"Nearly three weeks after Pugh's phone call volunteers from Chesterfield searching for Graham discovered human remains near an abandoned property off Old Lynchburg Road."

[FONT=&amp]So sad but watch the skies[/FONT]:mad:
[FONT=&amp]jmo
[/FONT]

I fully agree—I’m from the Marion area too, chihuahua! Hello!

Thanks everyone for answering. I normally see the "verified insider" below the username, so I was just curious. Makes sense. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member