Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the link to EG’s pic of the cat.
https://www.facebook.com/DayByDayEAG/posts/10155079864863250

The Kansas Humane pics were taken down off of the website already. That was my fault for posting those. I can remove the post if needed or just put the single pic of her cat up. I’m fairly new to this and was not thinking clearly. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Things brings up an idea.
When we were looking to adopt a pet several years ago, we went to the animal shelter and did the whole application, met the pet, etc.
Then, we got approved! So, they "reserved" him.

I can't read the tag, does it say "picked up at" and then her address?

Anyway, could it be that she went through the process on like, the 9th, and then was "approved" on the 10th to adopt him, and then went and picked him up a couple days later? Or no?
According to the date posted on the original photo on her fb linked above she's had the cat since atleast August..[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

According to the date posted on the original photo on her fb linked above she's had the cat since atleast August..[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! I'd looked at that FB post many times and missed it.
So IF it's the same cat from the shelter, it came up "missing" too.
:thinking:jmo

Or, maybe the landlord came over, saw the cat, told her she couldn't have it, so they called animal control, and then she was just taking pictures of the cat at the shelter to be like, "OMG, look what they did to my poor kitty!" And then picked him up and took him back home anyway?

The reflection in the glass of the lady taking the pic doesn't look like EG to me.

Also, the person who originally posted this info provided an older photo of the family cat, so it wasn't newly adopted.
IMO

The reflection in the glass of the lady taking the pic doesn't look like EG to me.

Also, the person who originally posted this info provided an older photo of the family cat, so it wasn't newly adopted.
IMO

The glass picture is not her. It is a lady that works at K-9 Karma- a rescue. They posted the picture on their Facebook trying to find the owners/get someone to adopt the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. I've been trying to configure conjectures where the pull up is on and the daytime pants are over them. I thought maybe in her mind L was misbehaving and she told him he's getting a pull up on ready for bed and then getting his supper and going straight to bed afterwards? And maybe that would explain the pull up with the daytime clothes.

If she's angry with him (which in no way implies his fault, it implies her anger issues) then that might push her into putting the pull up on herself rather than "it's time for bed, go get your pj's on and don't forget to put on a pull up" and stick your head around the door to make sure he is doing okay? Or you could pull down the pj's a bit to make sure the pull up is on?

I'm getting a bit of a 'she has to do everything" vibe, as part of her anger management issues, because he is technically, for an average child, old enough to put on his own pull up.

But it could go back to 're-dressing' (post mortem dressing). If she is already working out that she's going to wait until the afternoon to report L getting out of the house, or being abducted from the home/garden, then she might want to put him in day clothes to further that impression.

This isn't really too important right now, because the focus is to *Find Lucas*.

On the note of finding him...if there are security cameras on homes in the street, surely LE have viewed those images to look for her vehicle pulling in and out over the previous few days? Once they see which direction she's headed and at what time, then they can pull up traffic or security camera images for the next place and try to follow her routes in that manner? It would be time-consuming, but even if she left her phone at home this would surely be a way to track her movements? And if there are places in the journey where she's taken too long to go from point D to point E, then they can get boots on the ground and visibly look for any potential hiding places that might have caught her eye in that location. If they can see her vehicle never leaves for more than an hour at a time, then that gives them about a ten- to twenty-mile radius.

The thing about serial killers...I don't think it's doable here as we only have a single point of reference, and the calculations would rely on having more than one point of reference...I believe the calculation is also about finding where the perp lives and where they might strike, not about hiding bodies? I do wish we could have a similar thing here, but I think it has to be more about psychological profiling than about pure numbers and math :-(

Just had a thought while thinking about the clothing. Maybe the whole naptime story is to explain why he is wearing a pull-up.

Perhaps he was gone at bedtime or morning....and she wants to distance herself from answering questions about the facts. Or, he was wearing a pull up because the laundry wasn't done and he didn't have underwear to wear, and she also wants to distance herself from that.

If he's found, he will be wearing a pull-up so she needs to have an explanation in advance for that, and the explanation is that he was taking a nap.

jmo

The information on Scully the cat should be turned into LE to be investigated. The rescue could have cameras. Employees could remember who picked the cat up and if Lucas was present. It’s part of EG’s timeline. LE may already know, but we don’t know that.

definitely! and at a minimum, i'd be curious to see what the animal shelter employees had to say about her that day, specific to this lining up w her timeline but also as a person (is she distraught her cat was missing, what was her explanation etc). ik animals are often treated as property but there are a lot of animal shelter/local departments that genuinely care about the welfare of animals and may have been uneasy with EG taking the cat back or may not have wanted to let her (seems like this would be hard to accomplish).

So, I'm behind on the cat stuff, did she go to the Humane Society?
(And if so, what are potential search areas near there? If not, please disregard.)

I am not caught up through all the posts yet, so I'm not sure if this has been answered. The animal shelter/humane society is immediately north and basically adjacent to the second park that LE searched. That is now called Glen Dey park, but locals will all refer to it still as Grove park.

definitely! and at a minimum, i'd be curious to see what the animal shelter employees had to say about her that day, specific to this lining up w her timeline but also as a person (is she distraught her cat was missing, what was her explanation etc). ik animals are often treated as property but there are a lot of animal shelter/local departments that genuinely care about the welfare of animals and may have been uneasy with EG taking the cat back or may not have wanted to let her (seems like this would be hard to accomplish).

I'd like to hear from them too. Did the cat get lost during the moving? Because EG was in and out of the house with some other task (like with Lucas)? Because there was turmoil going on and she scooted out? What were the circumstances surrounding the cat going missing?

Could be a red herring, but also could fit into what was happening in the household in the days surrounding Lucas disappearing.

jmo

Think about it, if something happened on 2/11, the cat could have run out in the chaos.
Or if the owners showed up,
She could have put it out and it began to wander in an unfamiliar area.
The two people that showed up took the cat with them and turned it in as a stray and a microchip had EG cell # and she went to get it back?

The cat fits in somewhere in this tragedy!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You know, given all these events happening in such a tight time frame, for it all just to be coincidental is a bridge too far imo.

Bio sons have marks on them, bio dad says wtf, EG says don't worry, kicked JH out. JH goes off to work, EG commences move with 1 yo + 5yo on her own. Sees "weird strangers" out front. Cat goes missing, gets picked up by shelter, stepson goes missing. Gets charged with child endangerment of 1 yo. Fits in a 3hr nap too.

Either EG is a very active person who can bend time, or these events are branches and phantom limbs of the same tree.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Just had a thought while thinking about the clothing. Maybe the whole naptime story is to explain why he is wearing a pull-up.

Perhaps he was gone at bedtime or morning....and she wants to distance herself from answering questions about the facts. Or, he was wearing a pull up because the laundry wasn't done and he didn't have underwear to wear, and she also wants to distance herself from that.

If he's found, he will be wearing a pull-up so she needs to have an explanation in advance for that, and the explanation is that he was taking a nap.

jmo
IMO exactly why the story was given. :(

That’s exactly how I feel. Or an alibi to be in that area. Or that area is to throw search efforts off. This case has taken so many turns I’m not sure what to think at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at it a bit differently. Could the cat have followed them when EG took Lucas to wherever he is and was trying to find him or stay with him? Animals can be funny like that, especially with children. They know when something is not right and become protective and worried themselves.

I looked at it a bit differently. Could the cat have followed them when EG took Lucas to wherever he is and was trying to find him or stay with him? Animals can be funny like that, especially with children. They know when something is not right and become protective and worried themselves.

Thats a good thought...so maybe instead of dogs they need this cat to show them where the body is.
I mean that seriously.

I feel like we've been trying to explain things to the same people :gaah:

Agree! It just annoyed me because people were claiming that he was just as bad for not doing anything about it until she was arrested, which is NOT so! Not only did he take pictures, he went down to the police the next morning and filed a report. He also called EG, and she lied and said it was an accident and that she threw JH out (does that make sense to anyone? If he was innocent, why would you kick him out?!?!?!?). Thank goodness this guy cared enough about his children to try and stop her visitation rights and keep her away from their children in the future. I'll just bet the poor man hugs his boys a little tighter at night, thanking God they are safe with him, unlike poor Lucas.

Thoughts and prayers for all those searching today! May today be the day that Lucas is found!

Where is the cat now? Anyone know?

Also...has the 'cat tip' been given to LE? (If that has been answered, sorry, I may have missed it.)

I strongly believe Lucas WAS MISSING DAYS BEFORE THIS NAP STORY SHE CONCOCTED. IN HER interview she sounds rehearsed. To the best of my memory “ put him down for movie I showered took a nap. The pull-up has been woven in and out at different times, but she pauses as if to remember what she has to say word for word. And she never mentions the one year old as part of the things she did. If I remember my kids even 40 years ago nap time was never a cooperative time. There was negotiation, avoidance and at times bribery. I took great care to love my children with lots of affection after my own very seriously abusive childhood and nap times were almost always a challenge. This woman has an abusive history so the odds are it was no where near as simple or easy to get a one yo and a five yo down for naps at 3 pm. It’s a bit late IMO unless you wanted both to stay up late. Her statement leaves me uneasy.

And another point. If you are a mother with 2-4 young children in the house alone and voice concerns to anyone about being alone, you sure as heck don’t invite 2 strangers into your house. That’s sounds as if it were entirely conjured and untrue.

I think Lucas was missing long before nap time. Perhaps the day after he was with all the kids when they met the neighbor.

LE are pretty intelligent people, they are pretty sure he wasn’t abducted, and do not believe he just up and walked out of a house in a new neighborhood, they have publicly stated it. They have their best suspect in custody and she will stay there. Enforcing one charge at a time gives them the ability to keep her there.

SHE WILL MAKE A MISTAKE, confide in someone or simply break and talk. It might take time, but after 72 hours LE Stats reflect the chances of fundindung a child dramatically decreases. They have nothing but time at this point. And don’t mistake this inactivity for anything. They are diligently working on every bit of evidence they have and are searching for more.

I also have to say, even if it is against every bit of evidence we’ve seen, EG has a legal presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. But it would be extremely unlikely she doesn’t know exactly what happened to Lucas. And that’s my opinion.

I remember my abusive mother using carefully chosen words when explaining my swollen face or bruises. Same types of wording and stories. And my mother was very good at lying.

Is there a pet store or vet near 655 N Edgemoor that she may have been taking the cat to and he escaped?

Is there a pet store or vet near 655 N Edgemoor that she may have been taking the cat to and he escaped?

Oh dear...this just got me thinking. Could she have used a cat carrier to move Lucas' body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier