GUILTY KS - Olivia Jansen, 3, found deceased, Kansas City, 10 July 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Olivia’s grandmother, Elisabeth Jansen, told KSHB 41 that they last saw the child in March. Olivia reportedly didn’t want to go home and wanted her grandparents’ assurance that she could come back to see them.

“She was always so unhappy to go home. She would frown and say, ‘You love me? You’re not mad at me? I come back? I come back?’ [sic] and I told her, ‘I will hurt anybody who that keeps you away from me.'”

Elisabeth added that although they contacted DCF, no one removed Olivia from her father’s care. “They wouldn’t do anything other than knock at the door–and so I was on the phone with them June 22 for 23 minutes telling them everything I could think of to tell them, and then they sent me an email on Thursday that I can send them more stuff but for me to know they wouldn’t be contacting me.”

Olivia Jansen: Grandparents say little girl pleaded with them before her death, didn’t want to go home
Horrific and tragic
IMO
It's a very good possibility since Kansas only has 1 women's prison. Although it looks like bio Mom could be out before a murder trial for the girlfriend would happen.
put bio mom and JK in a cell together and watch justice unfold. IMO

Too bad bio-mom was incarcerated and couldn’t protect Olivia herself.
I can't imagine how she is feeling right now. Horrifying, fully preventable tragedy. I worry so much about these little ones in light of CV-19. It makes those who were already vulnerable, so much more so.

I'm also PIZZED that DCF dropped the ball. I want to see the case file when that information is released.

After Lucas Hernandez died DCF was going through an overhaul. The State got rid of the old DCF head and appointed a new one. Apparently nothing has changed since trying to change the system. This case does prove that! imo moo

Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

Attorneys for Kansas foster children and the agencies charged with protecting them have agreed to settle a class action lawsuit aimed at improving the state’s long-troubled child welfare system.

The State Finance Council unanimously approved the resolution Wednesday afternoon after presented with details of the agreement. A judge ultimately will have to sign off on it in the near future before anything is final.

Members of the State Finance Council, a body made up of top legislators and chaired by Gov. Laura Kelly, moved in and out of executive session Wednesday morning to discuss the issue. The council voted in the afternoon.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article243869537.html

KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) - When Olivia was first reported missing, her family members told KCTV5 News they tried to save her by reporting their concerns about abuse to authorities. We now know just how many times someone called police to the home Olivia was living in before her death.

Tuesday night children held signs up during the protest that said, “DCF Failed Her.”

Some of the kids are close to Olivia’s age. She was just 3-years-old when she was killed. Those who knew Olivia say when she was staying with her grandparents and mother, she was a healthy child.

“She is so full of life. Those eyes, those cheeks just lit up,” Mindy Cartwright who was protesting for Olivia Tuesday night said.

Since January 2017, someone called police to the home on Ottawa 21 times. Family members say Olivia lived in the home for about six months. Since February of this year up until Olivia’s death, police were called five times for a suicide investigation, juvenile abuse, to assist fire and EMT’s, an animal complaint and to check the welfare of someone inside the home.

KCK protesters demand answers for Olivia Jansen

I'm guessing fire and EMT's were called for an OD.
Child Protection Services needs a complete overhaul. :mad:

S&BBM
Since February of this year up until Olivia’s death, police were called five times for a suicide investigation, juvenile abuse, to assist fire and EMT’s, an animal complaint and to check the welfare of someone inside the home.

After Lucas Hernandez died DCF was going through an overhaul. The State got rid of the old DCF head and appointed a new one. Apparently nothing has changed since trying to change the system. This case does prove that! imo moo

Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

Attorneys for Kansas foster children and the agencies charged with protecting them have agreed to settle a class action lawsuit aimed at improving the state’s long-troubled child welfare system.

The State Finance Council unanimously approved the resolution Wednesday afternoon after presented with details of the agreement. A judge ultimately will have to sign off on it in the near future before anything is final.

Members of the State Finance Council, a body made up of top legislators and chaired by Gov. Laura Kelly, moved in and out of executive session Wednesday morning to discuss the issue. The council voted in the afternoon.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article243869537.html

This is in reference to the deplorable state of handling foster children in the state of Kansas. Although it isn't noted, I think there also needs to be a class action suit against Kansas for the children who are left by CPS with parents or their significant others who murder them, despite complaints from family members.

If the national media and uproar on the Lucas Hernandez case (and the cases before his) didn't fix Kansas CPS problems, what will? Lucas, and likely Olivia didn't have to go into the foster program--they had family who could have taken them in.

I suspect that the CPS file on Olivia will show the usual "complaint unfounded" after their investigations. I wonder how they recorded their "investigation" when they knocked on her killer's door and he wouldn't answer it, so they left?

So sad!! Another poor baby! As soon as I saw her height and weight listed I knew parents were involved. Height and weight are always wildly off in cases like this because parents don't take them to the Dr. therefore have no clue what their 3 year olds measurements are so they just guess when they falsely report them missing. They also rarely have good recent pics of their kids.

right! my son weighed 45 pounds when he was 5. these ppl had no idea about kids sizes.

This is in reference to the deplorable state of handling foster children in the state of Kansas. Although it isn't noted, I think there also needs to be a class action suit against Kansas for the children who are left by CPS with parents or their significant others who murder them, despite complaints from family members.

If the national media and uproar on the Lucas Hernandez case (and the cases before his) didn't fix Kansas CPS problems, what will? Lucas, and likely Olivia didn't have to go into the foster program--they had family who could have taken them in.

I suspect that the CPS file on Olivia will show the usual "complaint unfounded" after their investigations. I wonder how they recorded their "investigation" when they knocked on her killer's door and he wouldn't answer it, so they left?

I totally agree with you. If CPS hasn't learned anything by now they never will.

Why they don't listen and let the children go be with family members whom really want to help. I will never understand that it make no sense. It has happened in many cases.

Maybe I don't know what the law consist of. When you have repeated complaints on parents hurting and abusing the children taken the children out of the home.

Ok I better shut up because I am getting riled up! I think every knows what I am saying.

Someone has to stop this killing of our children!

moo imo

All good points IMO. Just out of curiosity, why does it throw up a red flag for you when someone goes to police station to report missing person; as opposed to calling police station instead

because it seems like you are creating some distance between the site of the disappearance and yourself.

Protesters take to the streets in KCK over Olivia Jansen's death

Jul 15, 2020
There was a walking protest Wednesday evening in downtown Kansas City, Kansas, by people wanting justice for 3-year-old Olivia Jansen and others like her.

Olivia’s grandmother, Elisabeth Jansen, told KSHB 41 that they last saw the child in March. Olivia reportedly didn’t want to go home and wanted her grandparents’ assurance that she could come back to see them.

“She was always so unhappy to go home. She would frown and say, ‘You love me? You’re not mad at me? I come back? I come back?’ [sic] and I told her, ‘I will hurt anybody who that keeps you away from me.'”

Elisabeth added that although they contacted DCF, no one removed Olivia from her father’s care. “They wouldn’t do anything other than knock at the door–and so I was on the phone with them June 22 for 23 minutes telling them everything I could think of to tell them, and then they sent me an email on Thursday that I can send them more stuff but for me to know they wouldn’t be contacting me.”

Olivia Jansen: Grandparents say little girl pleaded with them before her death, didn’t want to go home
So sad - I wonder when a family member should take these words From a child more seriously? Like before the child is murdered? I really don’t know as I’ve never been around this situation - how does one separate a plea from a child who is very afraid of going home from a whiny child who doesn’t want to go home because its more fun with Grandparent/relative ?

So sad!! Another poor baby! As soon as I saw her height and weight listed I knew parents were involved. Height and weight are always wildly off in cases like this because parents don't take them to the Dr. therefore have no clue what their 3 year olds measurements are so they just guess when they falsely report them missing. They also rarely have good recent pics of their kids.

Agreed. A 3-year-old being 3 feet tall makes sense, but a 3-foot-tall person who weighed 50 pounds would be very obese, and she wasn't.

So sad - I wonder when a family member should take these words From a child more seriously? Like before the child is murdered? I really don’t know as I’ve never been around this situation - how does one separate a plea from a child who is very afraid of going home from a whiny child who doesn’t want to go home because its more fun with Grandparent/relative ?

I think it is evident from reading the article that her grandparents recounted this story as an example of Olivia not wanting to go home, versus a whiny child who was having more fun with them. I'm sure they knew or suspected the dismal home life she was returning to.

It seems that they took her situation seriously and reported complaints to CPS. The file from CPS will verify if and when they made complaints. Apparently the grandparents were cut off from seeing Olivia in March, which is a common reprisal for abusers who resent family interference.

It is too early to cast blame on Olivia's extended family for not trying to help her. jmo

Kansas DCF to release summary of Jansen’s file

TOPEKA, Kan. — Mekhi Boone, Evan Brewer and Adrian Jones, all from different areas in Kansas, were all killed by people who were supposed to love them.

The young boys each had files with the Kansas Department for Children and Families.

Now, family of 3-year-old Olivia Jansen said they too placed calls to the agency and to police for help.

On Monday, Mike Deines, spokesperson for Kansas DCF told the 41 Action News I-Team the agency plans to release a summary of Olivia's file. When asked if that's confirmation that one exists, Deines said the agency cannot confirm they have information on a child until it's confirmed the child died from abuse.

Grandmother of slain KCK boy 'devastated' by Olivia Jansen's death

I'm sorry, but isn't murdering your child considered abuse? If it's not- something is seriously wrong with our system. What a shame there were numerous reports to DCF, and no action was taken until this beautiful baby's death.

I am so angry right now. :mad: Every time I see Olivia's name, my eyes well up with tears.

There are far too many babies being murdered by their own parents. This should not be a common occurrence. People should not become immune to seeing headlines identifying yet another little victim. If these public entities proclaim "their hands are tied" to remove a child (who is in danger), from their homes, why aren't they doing something about it? Why aren't these social service workers marching at their state capital? Why aren't they contacting their city, state, and federal representatives? Why don't they ALL send letters to the President's office? Instead, too many of these cases are kept quiet, swept under the rug, and cast blame on regulatory reasons.

I always tell myself not to follow these horrendous cases. Well, here I am yet again. I have realized I cannot just follow a case anymore for these beautiful little ones. I MUST TAKE ACTION. I plan to do my part. Will any of you join me in contacting your state's government asking for change? This has got to stop! My heart cannot bear any more. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back