KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for sharing that, HWJ....and I'm so sorry for your loss...I truly, truly am....

hwj, thank you for sharing your experience. The time span involved was so long and it must have been very difficult. You gave me so much more to think about. Your feelings regarding Pat's case are understandable. Hopefully you will be able to help when another search is orgainzed and will be able to share feelings with the Kimmi family. It was good of you to share such personal feelings with this group as you may have helped others understand their own feelings. I am very sorry for your loss also. May you find more peace day by day.

These are 2 beautiful posts by rita & family

for those of you that have never been though anything like this, let me shed a little light on the grieving process

you can google & look up the grieving process on a lost love one, or even a lost love. i wont go into all that

all the experts agree it is about the same steps, & there are a couple (cant remmeber which ones right off hand) that you may go over time & time again

in the case of a missing person (from my experience) you can even get clear to the "acceptance" & have to start over at step one

the slightest glimmer of hope that one is alive can take you out of a greiving process & into more of a faith thing...only to get shot down again & may put a person right back into a denial

there is a lot of guilt, what if I did this or that..etc

there really is something about closure, as well as something really unsettling about lack of closure

closure also comes in many degrees..closure of knowing the truth, closure of having your loved one back, closure of proper burial if the loved one is indeed passed away, closure of coviction of the perp(s)

just a brief recap on me....had a close relative abducted in the fall of 2004 & we figured dead........found bones & close dental match in spring of 2008, positive DNA wasnt achieved until spring of 2009, with a funeral service shortly after.....we only know what happened, not who & why..so as far as me, i have closure on several levels & am still going through many stages of grief, sometimes similtanious

all that said, even getting close to this case has been very hard on me, & dug up wounds that i was sure were healed or at least scabbed over real good..not true

i really avoided it for as long as i could, it was selfish of me, i just want ready to face it, i live close enough to the area i could have searched, i didnt, im real sorry for that looking back..i probably should have been the 1st on the scene just because i know whats it is like in those frantic 1st days

im not sharing all this for a "poor hwj" thing, just shedding some of the reality of what a person goes through, & i really cant imagine if it was my mother

anyhow, may The Lord our God stregthen & sustain the Kimmi's

Thank you HWJ, simply Thank You.

My cousin Leslie Beebe (there is a thread for her here) was missing for eight days (Dec 2004) before she was found deceased (read murdered) in her car. Her case remains unsolved also. I live in FL and when Caylee Anthony went missing I just could not sit here and not go search. I have since joined TES and am now in the process of training one dog for HRD (Human Remains Detection) and another for live scent/tracking. I start a PI internship soon so that hopefully when I obtain my license I will be able to devote my time to finding the missing pro-bono. What a difference a year makes. Thank you for sharing HWJ. Thank you.

Peace and prayers for the Kimmi family. Many, many prayers.

for those of you that have never been though anything like this, let me shed a little light on the grieving process

you can google & look up the grieving process on a lost love one, or even a lost love. i wont go into all that

all the experts agree it is about the same steps, & there are a couple (cant remmeber which ones right off hand) that you may go over time & time again

in the case of a missing person (from my experience) you can even get clear to the "acceptance" & have to start over at step one

the slightest glimmer of hope that one is alive can take you out of a greiving process & into more of a faith thing...only to get shot down again & may put a person right back into a denial

there really is something about closure, as well as something really unsettling about lack of closure

closure also comes in many degrees..closure of knowing the truth, closure of having your loved one back, closure of proper burial if the loved one is indeed passed away, closure of coviction of the perp(s)

just a brief recap on me....had a close relative abducted in the fall of 2004 & we figured dead........found bones & close dental match in spring of 2008, positive DNA wasnt achieved until spring of 2009, with a funeral service shortly after.....we only know what happened, not who & why..so as far as me, i have closure on several levels & am still going through many stages of grief, sometimes similtanious

all that said, even getting close to this case has been very hard on me, & dug up wounds that i was sure were healed or at least scabbed over real good..not true

i really avoided it for as long as i could, it was selfish of me, i just want ready to face it, i live close enough to the area i could have searched, i didnt, im real sorry for that looking back..i probably should have been the 1st on the scene just because i know whats it is like in those frantic 1st days

im not sharing all this for a "poor hwj" thing, just shedding some of the reality of what a person goes through, & i really cant imagine if it was my mother

((((hugs))))

HWJ, I'm so sorry for your loss of your relative...I think you are very courageous to be here praying & supporting Pat & the Kimmi family....I wish I knew what else to say to take away the pain - for you and the Kimmi's.

My cousin Leslie Beebe (there is a thread for her here) was missing for eight days (Dec 2004) before she was found deceased (read murdered) in her car. Her case remains unsolved also. I live in FL and when Caylee Anthony went missing I just could not sit here and not go search. I have since joined TES and am now in the process of training one dog for HRD (Human Remains Detection) and another for live scent/tracking. I start a PI internship soon so that hopefully when I obtain my license I will be able to devote my time to finding the missing pro-bono. What a difference a year makes. Thank you for sharing HWJ. Thank you.

Im sorry for your loss, & God bless you in your quest!

Thank you, & everybody else for the warm welcome here.

My condolences on your loss. I'm glad you've been able to turn your personal tragedy to a productive direction that will help so many other grieving people.

Im sorry for your loss, & God bless you in your quest!

Thank you, & everybody else for the warm welcome here.

Let me add my condolences for your loss, and my thanks for sharing your painful experience. Good people like you are what makes up for the evil these others do.

The five stages of grieving are:
D-denial
A-anger
B-bargaining
D-depression
A-acceptance
Thank you for sharing, hwj, and you are so right, some of those stages a person goes over and over before moving on...it takes time, and unfortunately, time just takes time.
Be Blessed
Bumping up for Pat and her precious Kimmi kids

dsntslp, Thank you for sharing your story. I add my condolences to those of other WS memebers. You will be added to my prayer list. I hope Leslie's case will be solved soon.
It is wonderful that you have become active in helping others find answers to their loved one's missing status and to those whose loved ones are known deceased. Wishing you success in your training and in your future.

Quick bump for Pat on this cold.... cold morning in Kansas!!

Every day really does bring us closer...

Thinking of Pat & her family this morning. Let today bring answers God!

Local weather - temperature is 1 degree, a few inches of snow on the ground.

1degree! Eeewww, lol. I guess once it passes freezing it just darn cold anyway.

Thank you for the weather update. I do plan to go when TES goes, there are five us that ride together.

Thanks every body for the kind words.

Praying for the family, for resolution, strength and peace. My heart goes out to them.

Dsn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still cold and windy here today w/ unexpected snow in Topeka all day today.

Bump for Pat!!!!

Thank you for the weather update. I do plan to go when TES goes, there are five us that ride together.

Thanks every body for the kind words.

Praying for the family, for resolution, strength and peace. My heart goes out to them.

Dsn

So TES is still coming to Kansas?

I don't post much anymore, but I do want Pat's family to know that I think of them and pray for them every day. I still have hope that this will be solved and Pat will be returned to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway