KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most injuries that required more than Hiawatha could handle would usually be transported to Topeka to either Stormont-Vail or St. Francis Medical Center. I have no opinion on why they would be transported to KU. KU does have a good burn unit, but nothing indicates that is a factor.

On the insurance, Columbia is an underwriter. Saylors is an independent insurance agency and handles many different underwriters.

When my son had a serious injury and he was taken to the Hiawatha Hospital. When they realized he needed to be taken somewhere else, the Drs. gave us a choice of where he was to be transferred to.

We said we wanted the best place for his particular injury. They said both were good, but they took him to KU. BTW, he's fine now.

A friend of ours just talked to a highway patrolman that said it was them also. I really hope they live for the main fact that we might not every know the truth if they die and take it with them. I know that is terrible to say...but that's how I feel anyway.

I feel the same...and more - lol.

The wreck happened at abt 7 am. I'm thinking they are being awful tight lipped about their condition for it not to be extremly serious.

RURAL SABETHA COUPLE INJURED IN WRECK
KNZA

A rural Sabetha couple were injured this ( Friday ) morning a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 75 Highway in Brown County about 4 ½ miles south of Fairview.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says 58-year-old Roger Hollister was traveling south when his sports utility vehicle traveled left of center until it was partially on the northbound shoulder and struck a northbound semi that had attempted to move to the left to avoid the collision.
Roger Hollister and his 55-year-old wife, Rebecca, were transported to the Hiawatha Community Hospital. Both were later flown to the K.U. Medical Center in Kansas City.
The semi driver, 50-year-old Scott Grove of Solider, suffered possible injuries. However, according to the Patrol report wasn’t transported to the hospital.
The Patrol says Roger Hollister wasn’t wearing a seat belt, but his wife was.
The accident, which was reported shortly before 7:30 this ( Friday ) morning, remains under investigation.
Law enforcement officials served a search warrant on the Hollister’s farmstead last month after a portion of a pickup truck believed to be connected with the disappearance of Patricia Kimmi was found at a salvage yard in Axtell.
That case remains under investigation and no arrests have been made.

http://www.knzafm.com/stories/09420_RURAL-SABETHA-COUPLE-INJURED-IN-WRECK_144836.php
this link does not come up for me anymore.... anyone else having that problem??

been too busy to keep up...just read all, thanks everyone for the links & posts!!!
hang in there kimmi's!!

It is all just too much to comprehend. For those of us that are local there are a million "rumors" flying around and that makes it even harder to try to wrap your head around everything that is happening.

In my opinion...it just can't be a coincidence. I guess that is the only opinion I will give for now.

Rita...I just want to wisk you away from all of this until some answers are found. I cannot begin to imagine the absolute nightmare you are living every day.

Enough already. This precious family has had enough.

And if there are people in the world who are crazy enough to do what appears to have happened here then how can any of us sleep at night.

Sorry...I have typed and backspaced and typed and backspaced so many times that I don't know if any of this message makes any sense.

Rita...I hope you can feel our love, and support. I wish I could do more.

Here's a thought...re: car taken to sheriff's office...investigation of the incident to determine IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OR NOT because of insurance coverage...you can imagine the possibilities...what insurance pays for damages to vehicles &/or persons medical....(what if this was no accident).

Here's a thought...re: car taken to sheriff's office...investigation of the incident to determine IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OR NOT because of insurance coverage...you can imagine the possibilities...what insurance pays for damages to vehicles &/or persons medical....(what if this was no accident).
It wouldn't be an insurance issue as that is a civil action. They would likely take the car to investigate a criminal action such as attempted vehicular homicide, obstruction of justice, or probably a million other things.

This is a totally different (and I'm sure wrong) idea. But....

What if the Hollisters were the 2 key witnesses in the case. They were maybe involved in the kidnapping/murder, but came forward to testify against the main guy in the crime to get a nice plea bargain/deal.

Whoever they were a witness against (we probably know who that is) rigged it so that the Hollisters would lose control of their car and die in a wreck. Then they wouldn't be able to be key witnesses.

What do you think?

Just a thought.

I wonder if they have testified yet? Or if they were to say, have to testify next week and wanted to prolong that???? again... just a thought

I have to concur - towing to the police means criminal mischief afoot. No doubt the scene investigation led them to that. What's telling in something like this is tire marks - when and if the brakes were applied, how far before the collision, and so forth.

Boy, that poor semi-driver. I can't imagine what that was like seeing the vehicle come at him, and then when he tried to avoid collision...his tire marks too will tell the tale.

My mom and dad always said when it's semi vs car, semi wins almost every time.

I have to concur - towing to the police means criminal mischief afoot. No doubt the scene investigation led them to that. What's telling in something like this is tire marks - when and if the brakes were applied, how far before the collision, and so forth.

Boy, that poor semi-driver. I can't imagine what that was like seeing the vehicle come at him, and then when he tried to avoid collision...his tire marks too will tell the tale.

My mom and dad always said when it's semi vs car, semi wins almost every time.

Have a cousin who works for KDOT ...he said they had one lane of hwy closed for a while for the investigation..as you say ...tire marks etc...then would guess check out vehicle for any possible mechanical failures....

Ok is anybody else having problems pulling up the link for KQ2 | stjoechannel.com: I can't find the story anywhere on there website. Isn't that kinda strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214