KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know 'nothin' about skid marks but...if RH was traveling south at 60-70 mph & appears to make an abrupt left turn in front of the semi..I would guess the tire marks would be from a combination of skidding tires & braking. I did not see any report that this occurred at an intersection.

I personally get the feeling the accident was an attempted murder/suicide.
Why waste the effort of putting on a seat belt, if you are going on a trip, knowing you're going to be slamming into a semi?

As I read the report Mrs RH had her seatbelt on but uncertain on RH. If she was unaware of the upcoming "accident" she just hooked her belt like usual.

Certainly sounds "wierd" to say the least!! IF RH did this on purpose ....... why would he be halfway off the shoulder to try to commit suicide? It sounds an awful lot like attempted homocide (my opinion only) of his wife!!
Hmmmmmm ????

My guess would be that he was determined to hit the semi and followed it to impact.

I don't know 'nothin' about skid marks but...if RH was traveling south at 60-70 mph & appears to make an abrupt left turn in front of the semi..I would guess the tire marks would be from a combination of skidding tires & braking. I did not see any report that this occurred at an intersection.

Agreed! RH didn't anticipate that the semi would to try to avoid the crash so he had to swerve at hwy speed instead of just cross the center line -- thus skid marks caused by the friction,

Maybe too much credit is being given to Mr. RH. Don't forget that Mrs. RH was in this vehicle and maybe not "on board" with dieing in a head on collision with a semi. If she grabbed the wheel she could have very well been responsible for avoiding the head on collision that Mr. RH was aiming for.

I agree that Mr. RH wouldn't have anticipated that the semi driver would try to miss them. A semi swerving at highway speed would be a very risky thing to try.

Sorry for the back to back posts...but another interesting thought occured to me.

This accident happened in Brown County. Pat went missing from her home in Atchison County. So now there are attorneys in two counties who will be involved in this case.

Law Enforcement from all over the state have been working on this case. A special task
force was called to bring many offices together. When they searched the RH farm 40 or more law enforcement officers from a number of counties were there helping. The KBI and the State Patrol have also been helping. They all want to see this solved.

Mary

Law Enforcement from all over the state have been working on this case. A special task
force was called to bring many offices together. When they searched the RH farm 40 or more law enforcement officers from a number of counties were there helping. The KBI and the State Patrol have also been helping. They all want to see this solved.

Mary

Everyone wants to see this case solved. By my post I meant that now charges will most likely be filed against RH in Brown County. Hopefully official charges are also filed against him in Atchison County as well.

I personally get the feeling the accident was an attempted murder/suicide.
Why waste the effort of putting on a seat belt, if you are going on a trip, knowing you're going to be slamming into a semi?

According to statistics, you stand a greater risk of death if you are not wearing a seat belt, either from ejection or being tossed around in the vehicle. With that in mind, it sure looks like Mr might have know what he was about to do and Mrs. might not have. I wonder if anyone knows if he usually did not wear a seat belt (some people refuse to wear them), in that case, all my speculation is worthless.

Anybody hear how they are today?

Also would be interesting to know what was in the vehicle with them??? suitcases? $$$$? Passports?

Maybe RH fell asleep, or had medical problems, and wasnt trying to kill himself or his wife. Then again maybe he was.
MOO

Maybe too much credit is being given to Mr. RH. Don't forget that Mrs. RH was in this vehicle and maybe not "on board" with dieing in a head on collision with a semi. If she grabbed the wheel she could have very well been responsible for avoiding the head on collision that Mr. RH was aiming for.

I agree that Mr. RH wouldn't have anticipated that the semi driver would try to miss them. A semi swerving at highway speed would be a very risky thing to try.

Great thought "Heart" and very possible. I had another thouht or question . . . does anyone know if a 2002 Buick suv[?] has air bags? When the vehile is inspected, maybe RH disconnected them. Wouldn't be too bright to attempt suicide/homicide with them operting.

According to statistics, you stand a greater risk of death if you are not wearing a seat belt, either from ejection or being tossed around in the vehicle. With that in mind, it sure looks like Mr might have know what he was about to do and Mrs. might not have. I wonder if anyone knows if he usually did not wear a seat belt (some people refuse to wear them), in that case, all my speculation is worthless.

Anybody hear how they are today?

I heard they were in stable condition last night.

I know the driver of one of the vehicles that came up on the accident. He was the one who actually helped Mrs. H out of the wrecked suv. She was pinned in while Mr. H wasn't. He was able to walk around and seemed fine. Mrs. H complained of her ankle and hip hurting. She WAS wearing a seatbelt. He said Mr. H WASN'T wearing the seat belt. Mr friend was from Emporia and knew nothing of the Kimmi case. He told me that he thought the whole scene was strange because it looked as though the suv intentionaly tried to hit the semi head on. Mind you, he knew nothing of the Kimmi's. After telling me this story only a couple of hours after the wreck, we got word of the Hollister's being involved in the wreck. My friend said he thought Mr. H was acting strange at the scene...just sat with his head in his hands. Just an FYI Also, if he intentionaly tried to hit the semi head on wouldn't that also be attempted vehicular manslaughter for the driver of the semi?? My friend also said the impact of the suv was on the passenger side....could Mr. H be trying to get rid of one of the key wittnesses..his wife?? (sorry for any miss spellings)

I know the driver of one of the vehicles that came up on the accident. He was the one who actually helped Mrs. H out of the wrecked suv. She was pinned in while Mr. H wasn't. He was able to walk around and seemed fine. Mrs. H complained of her ankle and hip hurting. She WAS wearing a seatbelt. He said Mr. H WASN'T wearing the seat belt. Mr friend was from Emporia and knew nothing of the Kimmi case. He told me that he thought the whole scene was strange because it looked as though the suv intentionaly tried to hit the semi head on. Mind you, he knew nothing of the Kimmi's. After telling me this story only a couple of hours after the wreck, we got word of the Hollister's being involved in the wreck. My friend said he thought Mr. H was acting strange at the scene...just sat with his head in his hands. Just an FYI Also, if he intentionaly tried to hit the semi head on wouldn't that also be attempted vehicular manslaughter for the driver of the semi?? My friend also said the impact of the suv was on the passenger side....could Mr. H be trying to get rid of one of the key wittnesses..his wife?? (sorry for any miss spellings)
wow... I hope Mr. Friend was interviewed by LE.. if not he should call them to let them know the behavior he witnessed...

Thanks for the information cookin

Wow! Thanks for some GREAT info!!! This coming from a person who was THERE and didn't know anything about the Kimmi case makes it very interesting to hear! Please Lord, let this bring about a confession and be the final incident to happen that allows Pat to be found!

I'm just hoping that the frustration that the H's must feel will compel them to give up the info..on the ex and everything. ESPECIALLY the where abouts of Pat. That is the main thing. My thoughts and prayers are with the Kimmi family now and always.

If Mr. H seemed fine after the wreck, I wonder why they life flighted him to KU?

Hiawatha Hospital is good enough to check him out to see if he has internal type/unseen injuries (I think).

If he had a cuncussion sp?, that might explain is strange behavior at the scene of the accident.

I'm not defending Mr. H at all, just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214