Identified! KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86 - Robin Ann Green

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what they mean by this. They took a second look at the possible familial match and found the match was with Miss Molly after all?
I read that as the familiar match was not initially close enough to establish a match right away, and that the family might've been contacted to provide a sample that gave a positive link to Miss Molly. Answers tomorrow (hopefully!).

The identification was done through CODIS. I suppose this rules out both Ansje Neeft and Willemijntje van der Meer since DNA of their respective families was available and a direct comparison could have been made.

I wonder what they mean by this. They took a second look at the possible familial match and found the match was with Miss Molly after all?

Answers tomorrow!

I agree. I would be very surprised if Molly turns up to be Ansje or Willemijntje. I never believed in that.

I agree. I would be very surprised if Molly turns up to be Ansje or Willemijntje. I never believed in that.

You were going to eat your hat, if I remember well.
Perhaps you should have made a bet with sheriff Mike Smit:

That the found woman is American, he now considers excluded. "We have consulted all the systems."

IMHO Miss Molly will turn out to be Americn after all.

Snipped by me

Generally speaking, a familial match can't establish identity because there are usually several different potential relationships. They have to go to the family to do further investigation to establish that the UID is in fact the missing person rather than, say, a cousin the family didn't know about. It sounds like in this case they used dental records rather than additional DNA.

Identification of ‘Miss Molly’ confirmed through dental records
(GOOD) VIDEO at link.
''KSN archive story on 'Miss Molly'''

"There will be a news conference on Tuesday at 4 p.m. at the Saline County Sheriff’s Office on the case.''
EAF711C5B5E1472B9BDA7BEC5856BC27-1.jpg

I wonder why the dental records weren’t found earlier.

I wonder why the dental records weren’t found earlier.

Dental records were just confirmation after DNA hit. There is not any automated database with dentals, they compare dentals manually after they zoom in on someone. Whoever this person was she was not on their radar until now and well only because they did not have Miss Molly DNA only until 2019 when she was exhumed.

So they got the match through DNA in CODIS (and not forensic genealogy) - that means that she was in the system as missing with family providing DNA to that file over the years or they found her through criminal database but I doubt that as when she was alive they did not take DNA yet from people.

So question is hmm which missing person she is...

Can't wait for press conference.

Anyone know where to find the press conference live? It's in like 10 minutes and I don't live in Kansas.

Please link it when you can. I want to watch it live, if i can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back