Identified! KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86 - Robin Ann Green

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so awesome that she has her name back after all this time and now her children can be assured that she did not just abandon them. Hopefully now they can work towards finding out who is responsible for her death and bringing them to justice for her kids.

Sheriff IDs Kan. cold case victim as California woman

SALINE COUNTY—Updated DNA testing has confirmed the identification of "Miss Molly, as Robin Ann Green from Los Angeles, California, Saline County Sheriff Roger Soldan announced during a Tuesday news conference.

Her body was found in a creek along Interstate 70 in Saline County on Jan. 25, 1986. She was last seen on Dec. 28, 1985 after visiting family members in Minnesota, according to the sheriff.

Green and her husband had lived in southern California. The house they lived in was seized as part of a drug investigation, according to Soldan.

Robin Green's family made a request that they not identify them. They traveled to Saline County last weekend to visit her grave, according to Soldan.

This is still an open homicide investigation, according to Soldan. Investigators don't know how she came to Kansas.

BBM

RIP Robin Ann Green

Although I never posted on this thread, I remember checking in on this case every once in a while. Always wondered if Miss Molly was possibly French-Canadian b/c of the French clothes.

Such a sad case.

“Miss Molly” Indentified as Robin Green

"Green was 28-years-old at the time of her death. She lived in Los Angeles, California. She was married to Michael Lewis Green.

According to Soldan, Robin had traveled from Los Angeles, to Minnesota where her ex-husband and 4 young children lived to visit them. She was last seen with Michael Lewis Green in Minnesota on December, 28th, 1985. Her body was discovered nearly a month later, on January 25th.

[...]

Robin’s body was exhumed in July of last year from a grave at Gypsum Hill Cemetery so samples could be obtained for DNA testing. There was no match generated by INTERPOL or the FBI. Soldan then sought out other DNA data bases. Through a data base in Minnesota which Robin’s children had submitted a sample several years ago there was a match.

Soldan says Robin was never listed as a missing person, though she had been declared legally deceased.

[...]

Soldan says the case is still an open murder investigation. Michael Lewis Green, who was involved in a drug case in California during that time period, has not been ruled out as a suspect. He has been deceased though, since 2007."

Here's a photo.

Adding some other photos too.

116912347_2757938064485059_7034619941695566432_n.png

117643597_2757937734485092_1043104313913577083_o.png

Few things I caught from the press conference, however I am still confused about few things.

Robin Ann Green was adopted child. Later on she had 4 daughters. I am not sure yet if she was married once or twice though. She lived in California and was last seen when she went to visit her daughters and husband in Minnesota in Dec 1985. (Was it first husband?) She was found murdered only one month later in Kansas, with postmorten of only 1-3 days. Police consider that husband (ex or new one?) might have been involved in her demise but it is not confirmed.

After no one from family has seen her for about 10 years her husband have her declared legally dead (ex?). One husband passed away in 2007. In 2017 her daughters wanted to file missing person's report for her but were not allowed as you can't report someone missing who is declared dead. Minnesota police though did obtain daughters DNA at that time.

In 2019 thanks to European Interpol believing that Miss Molly Jane Doe could be missing woman from Belgium FBI got involved and had her body exhumed to obtain her DNA for comparison. There was not a match and no hits to Miss Molly were found in national system until Minnesota police wanted to identify their own unidentified Does and run daughters' DNA through the system. That gave them suprising match to Miss Molly in Kansas.

As Robin Ann Green was adopted it is not known where her real or adopted family is. Daughters have been informed and travelled to Kansas to meet with investigators. They wish to stay anonymous during this difficult time for them.

RIP Robin Ann Green

Although I never posted on this thread, I remember checking in on this case every once in a while. Always wondered if Miss Molly was possibly French-Canadian b/c of the French clothes.

Such a sad case.

“Miss Molly” Indentified as Robin Green

"Green was 28-years-old at the time of her death. She lived in Los Angeles, California. She was married to Michael Lewis Green.

According to Soldan, Robin had traveled from Los Angeles, to Minnesota where her ex-husband and 4 young children lived to visit them. She was last seen with Michael Lewis Green in Minnesota on December, 28th, 1985. Her body was discovered nearly a month later, on January 25th.

[...]

Robin’s body was exhumed in July of last year from a grave at Gypsum Hill Cemetery so samples could be obtained for DNA testing. There was no match generated by INTERPOL or the FBI. Soldan then sought out other DNA data bases. Through a data base in Minnesota which Robin’s children had submitted a sample several years ago there was a match.

Soldan says Robin was never listed as a missing person, though she had been declared legally deceased.

[...]

Soldan says the case is still an open murder investigation. Michael Lewis Green, who was involved in a drug case in California during that time period, has not been ruled out as a suspect. He has been deceased though, since 2007."

Oh, thank you for that link and those information. That does clarify quite a few things. I think we have posted at the same time. If I have seen your post I would not have posted my own not so well worded press conference narrative.

So yes, 2nd husband who she have been married only since summer 1985 and travelled with her to Minnesota is the suspect in the case.

Finally, Robin, you can rest peacefully. You've got your daughters back and your name. Rest well. My thoughts and prayers to her loved ones.

Adding some other photos too.
117643597_2757937734485092_1043104313913577083_o.png
UGH! He married her in Hawaii and took her through Hell. May he enjoy the justice God sees fit for him. (I'm assuming this is their wedding photo.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon
Back