GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jared Cerullo ‏@KAKEJared 2m
The Seacat jurors have decided to go home for the night and will begin deliberation tomorrow morning at 8:30.

I'm betting either today or tomorrow we'll have a verdict of Guilty on it all.

What does everyone else think?

:praying:

Me too - Praying for a guilty verdict and Justice for Vashti, and her boys, and her family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. She did not want to die. Brett took her life.

I agree that it will be a relatively quick verdict, it will take time to look at evidence and discuss. I loved the way the prosecutor pointed to the jury specific pieces of evidence to review and put into context and that will take some time if they heed her advice. Praying also for guilty for her, her family and her precious children to not be exposed to a monster in there day to day lives. Thanks everybody. IMHO

I would say sometime Wednesday; unless they come all decked (dressed up) out tomorrow.

Do they have the option(s) to go with lesser charges?

TIA

I asked the reporter inside the courtroom who has Vashti's children. Here is her reply:

Amy Renee Leiker ‏@AmyReneeLeiker 56s
Last I knew, some members of Vashti's family.

I asked the reporter inside the courtroom who has Vashti's children. Here is her reply:

Amy Renee Leiker ‏@AmyReneeLeiker 56s
Last I knew, some members of Vashti's family.

This is excellent news. I had been wondering about this. In other cases, the children are not so fortunate (case in point: Kaiden Abaroa is with his paternal grandmother while his father stands retrial for murdering his momma).

I heard today there was 39 minutes between the time a neighbor heard a gunshot and Brett actually called 911. For those of you following from the beginning, was the witness who testified to this credible? Did they themselves call 911 when they heard the gunshot? Wow, that is huge!

I heard today there was 39 minutes between the time a neighbor heard a gunshot and Brett actually called 911. For those of you following from the beginning, was the witness who testified to this credible? Did they themselves call 911 when they heard the gunshot? Wow, that is huge!

I don't believe they called 911, but they were a witness at trial. I know I once heard a gunshot on New Years Eve, about 1:00 and just thought to myself, kind of a little late. I was still awake at the time because I had a new baby.

Anyway, a few days later I learned that a woman was murdered a couple of blocks away by her estranged husband and then he committed suicide. They're daughter was asleep in her room (she went to school with one of my older children).

I didn't call LE. So the fact this woman didn't call 911 at the time isn't that meaningful, until it's put in as a piece of the puzzle of murder.

JMHO
fran

I don't believe they called 911, but they were a witness at trial. I know I once heard a gunshot on New Years Eve, about 1:00 and just thought to myself, kind of a little late. I was still awake at the time because I had a new baby.

Anyway, a few days later I learned that a woman was murdered a couple of blocks away by her estranged husband and then he committed suicide. They're daughter was asleep in her room (she went to school with one of my older children).

I didn't call LE. So the fact this woman didn't call 911 at the time isn't that meaningful, until it's put in as a piece of the puzzle of murder.

JMHO
fran

Jeez that's horrible. That poor girl.

I'm a latecomer to this trial and have been trying to catch up. I agree the witness not calling 911 isn't crucial, I was just curious what the circumstances were and I couldn't find anything about it. I live in an area where an occasional gunshot isn't foreign but only because it's woodsy and there are poachers sometimes. But if I lived in a prim and proper residential area and heard a gunshot it would probably give me pause!

Wow, this guy Brett is just like Jodi Arias, isn't he? A psycho all wrapped up in a pretty package.

I'm betting either today or tomorrow we'll have a verdict of Guilty on it all.

What does everyone else think?

:praying:

Me too - Praying for a guilty verdict and Justice for Vashti, and her boys, and her family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. She did not want to die. Brett took her life.

I think (hope) it will be today. I am very confident the jury will come back with a guilty verdict for this....person. The evidence is so overwhelming against him it's actually flabbergasting to me that he was ever a CSI policeman.

I think (hope) it will be today. I am very confident the jury will come back with a guilty verdict for this....person. The evidence is so overwhelming against him it's actually flabbergasting to me that he was ever a CSI policeman.

those who can, do. those who can't, teach. :wink:

kidding! I can't imagine being a teacher of any sort!

A little OT, but can I please ask for clarification on a couple of points:
1. What is the money order about? Does Vashti's purchase of this indicate planning for the future? (ie non suicidal?)
2. When did BS have the common law wife? I thought I read before he married Vashti, but also that they were childhood sweethearts?

Poor Vashti, and poor little boys. It is hard to imagine a more bumbling murderer, incredible considering his background really!

1. What is the money order about? Does Vashti's purchase of this indicate planning for the future? (ie non suicidal?)
2. When did BS have the common law wife? I thought I read before he married Vashti, but also that they were childhood sweethearts?

Poor Vashti, and poor little boys. It is hard to imagine a more bumbling murderer, incredible considering his background really!

For your first question, yes! I think they were for some classes that were supposed to take place in a week or so. She made a lot of short term plans. Usually if you are planning to commit suicide, you don't pay money for concert tickets (which is something she did, she had plans to go to a concert with her friend) and such. It just shows that she didn't have a plan to kill herself. She was making plans for the near future, like any person would.

I believe the classes are parenting classes that you have to take during a divorce. It shows that she was serious about the divorce, and moving on with her life. She had a good amount of plans with friends. She reconnected with old friends she had. These are common signs of someone moving on after a break up of some sort. When you are really depressed after a break up, you don't often make plans with friends. You don't get in touch with friends you haven't talked to in a while. She was trying to lose weight and get healthy too. I don't know about you, but that's what I would do when I'm readjusting and moving on after a break up.

Yeah, he held onto that cell phone the entire time. It is amazing what he says he does while still holding a cell phone.

It's amazing he was able to run around the burning house, get his kids, pets, put the kids in the car, buckle a car seat aaaaand then call 911.

Yeah, he held onto that cell phone the entire time. It is amazing what he says he does while still holding a cell phone.

That got to me too. running up the stairs, through fire, opening the door, pulling and pushing on Vashti, running downstairs to get cloth, putting the kids and doggies in the car, buckling up the kids.

ALL while having the cell phone in his left hand.

Makes me :floorlaugh:

MOO

Mel

1. The money order was for parenting classes she was required to take if she was going to file for custody.

2. Things are a bit blurry on this one. According to HLN it was before Vashti and BS got married.

I'm not sure if the woman in question is just stirring the pot. Neither side called her and she never spoke to the press. I don't think either side thought she was relevant to the case.

I'll never understand why a parent would ever think that killing the other parent is a solution to their problems.

Did he really think he could get away with a horrendous murder and then go on to live life and never look back?

do we know what hours the jury chose to deliberate?

hoping today is the day!

I'll never understand why a parent would ever think that killing the other parent is a solution to their problems.

Did he really think he could get away with a horrendous murder and then go on to live life and never look back?

This has always astounded me. Who thinks 'I don't want to be married anymore. I know, why don't I come up with a plan and kill my husband/wife?' I could wrap my head around killing someone in a heated argument maybe, but these cold blooded, premeditated murders just amaze me. I don't understand why this would seem like a good idea to anyone.:banghead:

Amy Renee Leiker ‏@AmyReneeLeiker 24m
Jurors in the Brett Seacat murder trial have started deliberating this morning. I'll be in Kingman today, waiting for a verdict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back