GUILTY KY - Alex Johnson, 32, Lexington, 20 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad to hear this. My Facebook news feed was full of articles about his disappearance, but I hadn't heard they found him.

Unbelievable. Prayers for his loved ones.

And kudos to LE here for having the balls to issue arrest warrants before they had remains. I know they likely had compelling evidence but it seems so many police depts are hesitant to make an arrest until they have a body. Perhaps they should go to Myrtle Beach and show them how it's done.

Unbelievable. Prayers for his loved ones.

And kudos to LE here for having the balls to issue arrest warrants before they had remains. I know they likely had compelling evidence but it seems so many police depts are hesitant to make an arrest until they have a body. Perhaps they should go to Myrtle Beach and show them how it's done.

that reporter, should be fired. his Poor family. jeez.

ETA, I mean the headline.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i am sooo happy they got both these guys so quick!! this whole time, everyone here in Lexington thought they, (LE) were doing nothing and exactly one month after he disappeared, they pick up the first and within 3 days had the other one and recovered the body. I agree with the kudos to LE!! They worked hard to solve this and i know that, although horrible ending, the family and friends wont be left wondering.....Now i want justice for alex and will attend the trials of these scum to watch them get locked away for a long, long time....

For weeks they searched for him, but on Tuesday friends and family of a murdered Lexington man gathered to remember him and pay their final respects.

A memorial service was held for Alex Johnson whose body was found in the Kentucky River last week.

He disappeared from his Lexington home on December 20th.

Whether you worked with him in the restaurant business, hiked with him at Red River Gorge or attended school alongside him at Transylvania, it seems that just about anyone who met Alex Johnson has a story to share about him.

Article from January 28, 2014. There is also a video.
WKYT.com
Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anything about motive but I also wondered if he threatened to turn the dealer in for something? Since it wasn't a robbery, maybe they wanted to silence him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Fayette County grand jury has indicted two suspects in the murder of a Lexington man who went missing late last year.

Court documents indicate that Robert Markham "Mark" Taylor, 28, knocked on Alex Johnson's door back on Dec. 20. The 38-year-old victim was talking to his girlfriend on the phone at the time. She told police she recognized Taylor's voice, and he said, "Come downstairs. I've got a surprise for you." Johnson's girlfriend said he told her, "Mark is here. I'll call you later." That was the last she heard from him.

More at: http://www.lex18.com/news/suspects-in-alex-johnson-murder-indicted/

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

So the police always knew about Taylor...

I believe the girlfriend told the police from the beginning. I believe they kept it quiet to protect her and to gather evidence against him.

I feel... I don't know... lol At first I was all impressed because they solved it so fast. I'm from Lexington and if you know anything about the Umi Southworth Murder you'll know how incompetent the police can really be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back