KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the LMPD site's missing persons page to see if there was anything new or more detail, and she is not even shown there....! You have to follow a link to the NAMUS site to find her.
What's really sad is looking on LMPD at the sheer number of local people who have disappeared and never been found . Torture for their families.

I was awaiting the update from the PI Tracy on Friday at 6pm that he said he was going to do. *modsnip* Even though there might not be a lot to update, do what you say your going to do!
So he's not going to address anything or even the fact that his update is delayed? Unprofessional IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at the LMPD site's missing persons page to see if there was anything new or more detail, and she is not even shown there....! You have to follow a link to the NAMUS site to find her.
What's really sad is looking on LMPD at the sheer number of local people who have disappeared and never been found . Torture for their families.

LMPD’s MP site isn’t regularly updated. I haven’t looked at it in a while but it was mostly older, high profile MP’s cases.

The MP unit is made up of 3 detectives. 1 of which works full time on cold cases. They get a couple thousand MP reports each year. That’s a huge case load between 2 detectives. The majority of MP reports are kids who have run away and end up coming back or are found. Regardless, they have to work the cases the same as any other case. I’m not sure if they contract out for their websites, but it would be really difficult to keep it maintained.

What they typically do for current missing people is put their fliers out all over their social media and also use local media. I was thinking about this the other day- there have been at least 3 missing people that I have seen LMPD post about on their FB page just since Andrea’s been missing. They’ve also been in local news. I still think LE hasn’t found anything that makes them believe she left unwillingly, or was met with some type of foul play.

What bothers me though, is that LMPD will put out missing persons info on their FB and to local news when they’re worried the person could be a danger to themselves. They haven’t given Andrea much attention either way. I don’t know why that is, especially since her family made comments in MSM about how upset she was that night she was last seen.

Someone asked T Leonard on his fb page about the story circulating that her phone was used a few days ago. He says they heard about it and are checking it out...other than that there doesn't seem to be much happening.

For anyone not local, that's very close to Interstate 65 and just a couple of blocks north of the hospital campus.
Could you tell us the content of this report - I can't access it as the Courier wants a subscription before they will let me read it.

Could you tell us the content of this report - I can't access it as the Courier wants a subscription before they will let me read it.

"Private investigator Tracy Leonard told The Courier Journal that the two possible sightings near the Jeffersonville Community Kitchen, 1611 Spring Street, were shared with investigators on Monday morning.

"It was just eye witness info, but we are canvassing the area for video," Leonard said Wednesday."

I wish they would say, when these possible sightings are released, whether the person reporting actually knows Andrea, or just thought they recognized her from posters, social media alerts.

I wish they would say, when these possible sightings are released, whether the person reporting actually knows Andrea, or just thought they recognized her from posters, social media alerts.

IMO they are all just sightings noticed from the media etc.
I believe we would have known notoriously if someone she knows saw her. This area is like a small town.. word travels fast.
And it would make sense since none of the sightings have been confirmed per the PI.

IMO they are all just sightings noticed from the media etc.
I believe we would have known notoriously if someone she knows saw her. This area is like a small town.. word travels fast.
And it would make sense since none of the sightings have been confirmed per the PI.
Yes, thanks, that's what I thought. Those sightings never seem to pan out...

Tracy Leonard put out a live on his page. It changes a LOT. Her phone was last active, at her moms residence at 631am on 8/13. She went to her sisters on Fincastle, walked back to her moms but the door was locked. From what her phone indicates, she hung out there for a few hours. I’m guessing maybe they have her using WiFi or something. Her other sister and her sisters fiancé were remodeling her moms house so they were staying there too.

Sunrise was around 655 am. School started the next morning so there probably weren’t any busses out or full bus stops that she could’ve been seen walking past. However, people would’ve been getting up and ready for work, poplar level would’ve been really busy- had she made it that far. I have a problem with nobody seeing her walking around, if that’s what she did. You all should check out the video. There’s a lot in there. They mentioned a lyft driver and quite a few interesting details.

- The family of missing Louisville woman Andrea Knabel posted a new reward in the case on Friday, more than two months after the mother of two disappeared.

The reward was raised on Friday to $5,000. It was previously set at $1,000.

"Hopefully that brings the type of lead we need," said Knabel's father, Mike.

Knabel, 37, was reported missing in August. She disappeared after a family argument, while walking to her sister's house near the Camp Taylor neighborhood.

Mike Knabel said he spends five nights a week driving around town and looking for his daughter.

"LMPD thinks she could be out of town, or she could be deceased," he said. "The longer it goes, they say that's the more likely scenario. But it doesn't mean she's not here in town, and we've got to pursue everything we can."

People have called police recently with reported sightings of Knabel in Clarksville and elsewhere in Southern Indiana. But still, no sign of her.

"There have been so many sightings here, and all over the place, really," said Knabel's sister, Erin. "I try not to get my hopes up too much because it gets really upsetting when it's not her."

Erin Knabel said she tries to stay busy by posting flyers, and spreading awareness about the case.

After the recent rain, flyers are starting to come down, so if anyone can help volunteer their time to put those back up, that would help a lot," she said.

Flyers can be found on the "Finding Andrea" Facebook page.

"There's nothing she can do to make me stop loving her or stop caring," Erin Knabel said of her missing sister. "I'll always keep looking until she's back."

Anyone with information should call 574-LMPD or private investigators at (502) 618-9337.
Family of missing Louisville woman raises reward to $5,000

Tracy Leonard put out a live on his page. It changes a LOT. Her phone was last active, at her moms residence at 631am on 8/13. She went to her sisters on Fincastle, walked back to her moms but the door was locked. From what her phone indicates, she hung out there for a few hours. I’m guessing maybe they have her using WiFi or something. Her other sister and her sisters fiancé were remodeling her moms house so they were staying there too.

Sunrise was around 655 am. School started the next morning so there probably weren’t any busses out or full bus stops that she could’ve been seen walking past. However, people would’ve been getting up and ready for work, poplar level would’ve been really busy- had she made it that far. I have a problem with nobody seeing her walking around, if that’s what she did. You all should check out the video. There’s a lot in there. They mentioned a lyft driver and quite a few interesting details.
So she went to her sister's house after the argument, but was refused entry. She goes back to her mother's house and the door is locked. She hangs around ?outside and after 6.31 the phone is off. It sounds to me that having been refused entry by all her family she may well have decided that was the last straw in a succession of bad things happening to her and just left of her own accord. If my family locked me out overnight I might think that way...
I wonder what precipitated this family argument. It really doesn't sound like it was a run of the mill disagreement.

So she went to her sister's house after the argument, but was refused entry. She goes back to her mother's house and the door is locked. She hangs around ?outside and after 6.31 the phone is off. It sounds to me that having been refused entry by all her family she may well have decided that was the last straw in a succession of bad things happening to her and just left of her own accord. If my family locked me out overnight I might think that way...
I wonder what precipitated this family argument. It really doesn't sound like it was a run of the mill disagreement.

From the very beginning, my top theory was that she took off and possibly hurt herself. After this new timeline and information, I’m not so sure anymore. I genuinely think she would’ve been seen walking around that time of morning on a weekday. Sunrise was 653am, people would’ve been getting up and driving to work. Audubon PD patrols the area, and it sounds like they didn’t see her. If she had made it to poplar level, there would’ve been surveillance of her somewhere. There are too many businesses up and down that road for her to not be caught on camera. St Stephen martyr is on the corner of pindell and Hess, you can see it from the street Andrea lived on. I wonder if they have surveillance cams. I know my old grade school did but idk if all of them do. That church/school would probably be the closest non residential area with cameras. Depending on how many they have, and their direction- they could maybe at least show any cars turning onto chickadee from Hess ln.

It sounds like she was actively on her phone u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member