Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am getting the sick feeling they are never going to find Andrew's body. nothing like compounding the family's tragic loss.

rather than just looking at emails between the two they should look at the entire hard drive.

you'd be surprised what people put into a google search engine like "how to dispose of a body", and then see what websites he visited after that evening.

Just happened to run across this tonite

<snip>

It's believed that the relationship between the two started on the Internet, and ended with their late October meeting.

That's why prosecutors seized both of their computers for evidence, which is where the FBI gets involved.

In a serious case like this in Louisville involving computer hard-drives, the federal government takes over. That's because they have special forensics investigators that many cities and states simply don't have.

<snip>

While the computer hard-drives are expected to provide investigators with some clues, their collection of evidence doesn't end there.

"I can't go into what the specific items are, but there will be testing on things that we have obtained from Mr. O'Bryan's apartment and his vehicle," Van De Rostyne said during an interview with WAVE 3 News.

more here

http://www.wave3.com/story/13603180/fbi-now-involved-in-andrew-compton-gregory-obryan-case

Chistmas thoughts for Andrew & family, hope the New Year brings relief and closure.

Records reveal evidence in Carmel grad's killing

[snip]

Then, using a reagent called Bluestar, police found several places in the apartment -- the hallway, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen -- where blood had been cleaned up, according to the records. They included summaries of interviews with Compton's father, O'Bryan, his neighbors and Andrew Compton's roommate at Sullivan University.

Police also took items that appeared to have blood on them, including a bathroom rug and a mop. And swabs of what is suspected to be blood were taken from the tub, bathroom sink, a bathroom vanity, walls in the hallway and bedroom, kitchen counters and a kitchen drawer, according to the records.

[snip]

Authorities also found suspected child *advertiser censored* on O'Bryan's computer.

More: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110104/LOCAL0101/101040326/1001/NEWS05/Records-reveal-evidence-Carmel-grad-s-killing?odyssey=nav|head

Hopefully they have enough evidence for a conviction without the body. IMO it sounds like they do.

According to court documents, on Oct. 31, it was discovered the two had met on a website called adam4adam.
O'Bryan's profile name was allegedly "greg-502-malehunk."
After a series of persistent interviews from Louisville police, court documents said O'Bryan got upset and on Nov. 1, called 911 and requested an officer to come to his apartment so that he could show Compton wasn't there.

and another snip~

Along with signs of cleaned-up blood, a police dog reportedly detected the scent of a decomposed body in several areas of O'Bryan's apartment.

http://www.wlky.com/r/26367091/detail.html

with the new information does not sound like Andrew "died" during sex as O'Bryan originally claimed. died is like a heart attack or something sudden and unexplained. blood is far more sinister.

poor Andrew. I only hope he did not suffer much.

with the new information does not sound like Andrew "died" during sex as O'Bryan originally claimed. died is like a heart attack or something sudden and unexplained. blood is far more sinister.

poor Andrew. I only hope he did not suffer much.

Does anyone think O'Bryan might of dismembered the body and that is the reason for all the blood found in different places and the need for a clean up hinting to maybe there was a lot of blood? Also maybe why Andrew's body was never found during the search of the landfill.

I see O'Bryan was charged with three (3) counts of abuse of a corpse. Just speculating but one count might be for having sex with a corpse, another for dismembering a corpse and another for disposing of the corpse. I'm not sure if KY has a law that makes it illegal to have sex with a corpse (necrophilia). I know of a case is WI where until recently there was no law against having sex with a corpse. The three men that were attempting to dug up a body so one of them could have sex with it were originally charged with attempted sexual assault but the way the law was written a judge dismissed the assault charges, saying Wisconsin law does not criminalize necrophilia. Apparently to be charged with sexual assault the victim must contest to the act which obviously a corpse cannot. I'm just wondering why two (2) judges on the Wisconsin State Supreme Court would have not voted to pass the law. I would think it is a no brainer.

The court waded into the grisly case after lower court judges ruled nothing in state law banned necrophilia. Those decisions prompted public outrage in Wisconsin and on the Internet, where one blogger wrote: "Doing the dirty with the dead OK in Wisconsin."

Not anymore, the court ruled in a 5-2 decision.

Justice Patience Roggensack, writing a majority opinion with three other justices, said state law bans sexual intercourse with anyone who does not give consent whether a victim is dead or alive at the time. Dead bodies obviously can't give consent, she said.

You can read more about that story here: http://www.startribune.com/local/24179694.html?page=1&c=y

O'Bryan is charged with murder and sodomy, two counts of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of abuse of a corpse. He has pleaded not guilty and will return to court Thursday.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...idence-Carmel-grad-s-killing?odyssey=nav|head

All JMO

Does anyone think O'Bryan might of dismembered the body and that is the reason for all the blood found in different places and the need for a clean up hinting to maybe there was a lot of blood? Also maybe why Andrew's body was never found during the search of the landfill. All JMO

~sbm~ ~BBM~ YES! Sadly, that was my thought immediately upon reading...
I am still hoping they find Andrew!

~sbm~ ~BBM~ YES! Sadly, that was my thought immediately upon reading...
I am still hoping they find Andrew!

I think carrying a full sized adults body to the dumpster might raise some eyebrows. Not to mention who ever came along next to throw their trash in the dumpster might see the body. Unless the person placing the body in the dumpster took the time to jump into the dumpster and bury the body beneath the trash so it would not be easily seen.

Apparently O'Bryan placed Andrews body in a television box if I remember correctly when he placed the body in the dumpster. I bought a 32" flat screen TV not long ago and I would have had a hard time fitting a mid sized dog in that box much less a adult human in one piece.

OK, thinking too much again.

self-serving & cold-hearted statements by O'Bryan. :mad:

<snips>

In the four-hour police interview released to the media today, Gregory O'Bryan described his relationship to Compton to police investigators, claiming that he cared more about Compton than his own parents did.

"I know that I care about him more than they do because this is devastating me," O'Bryan said. "Or the same, I think I care about him the same...or something like...it just devastates me."
He went on to explain that, during his sexual encounter with Compton, he placed Compton in a "strange position" on the couch and at some point, Compton's neck was broken.

"I tried to bring him back to life," he said. "I started crying and was like, 'please come back to life.'"

more here

http://www.fox41.com/story/13796843/obryan

self-serving & cold-hearted statements by O'Bryan. :mad:

<snips>

In the four-hour police interview released to the media today, Gregory O'Bryan described his relationship to Compton to police investigators, claiming that he cared more about Compton than his own parents did.

"I know that I care about him more than they do because this is devastating me," O'Bryan said. "Or the same, I think I care about him the same...or something like...it just devastates me."
He went on to explain that, during his sexual encounter with Compton, he placed Compton in a "strange position" on the couch and at some point, Compton's neck was broken.

"I tried to bring him back to life," he said. "I started crying and was like, 'please come back to life.'"

more here

http://www.fox41.com/story/13796843/obryan

He's a real piece of work this person. My heart breaks for Andrew's family. So young and he had his life ahead of him.

Will O'Bryan's receiving diability for a psychiatric condition play into his defense.

He's also admittedly HIV positive. Will that play into the prosecution? I'm wondering if there's a law in that State and he did not disclose that to Andrew. How could they prove it though?

All around such a sad, sad, senseless death and he is absolutely self serving. Crying for his da*n self.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...Sullivan-student-s-neck-was-broken-during-sex

He's a real piece of work this person. My heart breaks for Andrew's family. So young and he had his life ahead of him.

Will O'Bryan's receiving diability for a psychiatric condition play into his defense.

He's also admittedly HIV positive. Will that play into the prosecution? I'm wondering if there's a law in that State and he did not disclose that to Andrew. How could they prove it though?

All around such a sad, sad, senseless death and he is absolutely self serving. Crying for his da*n self.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...Sullivan-student-s-neck-was-broken-during-sex

Even when he talks about Andrew, it's with respect to himself...what a disgusting [unusual person].

My guess is that this twisted [unusual person] wanted to do some things that Andrew said 'no' to, and got angry - because he 'deserved' to have what he wanted...it's so obvious it's alllll about him.

I hope Andrew's parents don't have to wait on a trial for years - that this case moves through the system quickly & this [unusual person] gets to live the rest of his life locked away.

as for the HIV thing, I don't think they'll be able to prosecute him as 1. it might have been mentioned in an online profile or email 2. he would claim he told Compton and Andrew consented.

Of greater interest though is the objectively false description of manner of death. Granted the article is but a mere snipet of the entire video interview, but O'Bryan says Andrew just died, that he put Andrew's body in his bed, woke up the next morning and decided to put his body in an old TV box.
(I assume by 'old' television box, the tv was larger than these flat screens they sell today)

Earth to O'Bryan - where did the blood come from? Unless he admitted to dismembering the body before he put it in the box and that fact was not made public, nowhere in O'Bryan's story is there any description of blood.

I made a comment earlier in this thread about his mental condition. Surely O'Bryan is not all there however there is a huge difference between someone being mentally ill and being legally insane, however that is defined under KY law, which usually has something to do with not being able to differentiate between right and wrong, etc.

Well if O'Bryan had the mental capacity to either lie about or omit his HIV status on his internet profiles or if he had multiple screen names to find dates or obtain child *advertiser censored* and the like (and I don't know that he did any of these things), it sounds like he had enough sense to try get what he wanted and was aware of the consequences of what it was he was doing.

Crazy? probably. Legally insane? doubtful.

as for the HIV thing, I don't think they'll be able to prosecute him as 1. it might have been mentioned in an online profile or email 2. he would claim he told Compton and Andrew consented.

Of greater interest though is the objectively false description of manner of death. Granted the article is but a mere snipet of the entire video interview, but O'Bryan says Andrew just died, that he put Andrew's body in his bed, woke up the next morning and decided to put his body in an old TV box.
(I assume by 'old' television box, the tv was larger than these flat screens they sell today)

Earth to O'Bryan - where did the blood come from? Unless he admitted to dismembering the body before he put it in the box and that fact was not made public, nowhere in O'Bryan's story is there any description of blood.

I made a comment earlier in this thread about his mental condition. Surely O'Bryan is not all there however there is a huge difference between someone being mentally ill and being legally insane, however that is defined under KY law, which usually has something to do with not being able to differentiate between right and wrong, etc.

Well if O'Bryan had the mental capacity to either lie about or omit his HIV status on his internet profiles or if he had multiple screen names to find dates or obtain child *advertiser censored* and the like (and I don't know that he did any of these things), it sounds like he had enough sense to try get what he wanted and was aware of the consequences of what it was he was doing.

Crazy? probably. Legally insane? doubtful.

~BBM~ He knew the difference between right and wrong when he disposed of Andrew's body. If he didn't know it was wrong, he might have done something such as carry his body into a store looking dumfounded. KWIM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back