Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"My son, Derek, was able to uncover e-mail accounts that we didn't know existed," Compton said. "From there, he was able to find something that showed a communication from somebody that was picking my son up."

another snip

That communication was the link police needed to get to O'Bryan, who police said admitted that he'd met Compton on an online dating site and said that the teen died during sex and that he kept his body for a day before disposing of it and other evidence in an outdoor trash bin.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25851460/detail.html

interesting. the creep might not have even had a driver's license or vehicle. I wonder what the deal is with this other person. could be innocent, just giving Andrew a ride to his destination or maybe this other person was around.

on a more sinister note, it makes you wonder if Andrew knew he would wind up at O'Bryan's house or whether that was just subterfuge. if they met before, maybe Andrew was unimpressed with O'Bryan, to put it mildly. this is speculation of course, but maybe Andrew wanted out once he realized he was being taken to see O'Bryan and that's when things went awry.

Police haven't even been able to find the victim's body yet but Prosecution is already going for the death penalty against Gregory O'Bryan.
O'Bryan was in court today after being indicted by a grand jury on seven counts.

and another snip

WHAS11 News has learned he abused the corpse for a second day before putting it in a dumpster.

and another:

The prosecution has until December 2 to file discovery in this case, that's when they'll be back in court for a hearing.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetra...University-student-murder-case-109220814.html

As if it isn't bad enough for Andrew to have died at the hands of a sexual predator, but now, the more detailed the indignities he suffered only
points to Gregory O'Bryan being an indifferent, uncaring, monster.
JMO, of course.

Why can't they find him?

Because there is always a possibility that the guy is lying about where he placed Andrew. Plus, there is always a chance they could be looking in the wrong location in the landfill. There is just so much trash to go through that it is a monumental task to find this poor kid. I hope that he can be located for his family's sake. LE is doing all they can in the search efforts.

I just got finished reading this entire thread. Poor kid!

I do think that it is quite possible that Andrew could have died of natural causes given that he was born prematurely and required surgery, I'm assuming, to close the PDA. (My daughter's was open, but fortunately was able to be closed with meds.) He may have also had an ASD that may not have been repaired. If small, they don't generally get repaired, and most close on their own before age 2. (My daughter's was not repaired and is assumed to have closed, as she no longer has a murmur.) However, there is a possibility that he had one that was not closed and the stress of having sex, coupled with a possiblity of lessened oxygen intake, may have been too much for him.

MOO

It's possible that Andrew died from natural causes, but if he did I think this guy would have just called 911. Why would he want it too like he was covering up murder by throwing out his body? This guy just seems too demented to me to be innocent. He has admitted to having abused the body after he died, even the next day. That just speaks that this guy is not right in the head.

Because there is always a possibility that the guy is lying about where he placed Andrew. Plus, there is always a chance they could be looking in the wrong location in the landfill. There is just so much trash to go through that it is a monumental task to find this poor kid. I hope that he can be located for his family's sake. LE is doing all they can in the search efforts.

I know LE is working hard. I am afraid the pig is lying about what he did with Andrew. Though lord knows, he seems to have provided plenty of other disgusting details.

Earlier this week my sis said that they would be there searching until they've searched it all or until they find him. I spoke to her last night and she told me that they would be there today/tonight/wee hours of the morning until they finished the "pile"...however long it takes. I asked her if they would then start in a new area but, she never answered the question. There are a million and one other questions I'd love to ask her but don't. She wouldn't tell me anyway. :hand: They're trying so hard and are totally exhausted.

Keep praying that they find and return him to his family but, I'm starting to wonder too if he's even there or if they've been in the wrong spot all along.

Landfill search for missing teen called off

Police have halted the search for a murdered college student in a southern Indiana landfill.

Officials from Rumpke Consolidated Companies, who run the landfill in Medora, Indiana, announced in an email Friday afternoon that police have stopped the search for 18-year-old Andrew Compton of Carmel.

[snip]

A spokesperson for the Louisville Metro Police Department confirmed Friday that the search had been halted.

"We concluded the search for Andrew Compton's remains at the landfill late this afternoon, but are continuing to follow leads in what remains an active investigation," Alicia Smiley wrote in an email.

More: http://www.wthr.com/story/13539964/landfill-search-for-missing-teen-called-off

It's possible that Andrew died from natural causes, but if he did I think this guy would have just called 911. Why would he want it too like he was covering up murder by throwing out his body? This guy just seems too demented to me to be innocent. He has admitted to having abused the body after he died, even the next day. That just speaks that this guy is not right in the head.

No doubt he should have called 911, if it were the case. I guess I'm just thinking about all of the cases where people died accidentally and the other person got scared and disposed of the body.

I agree though that based on the fact that he continued to have sex with his body after he passed and continued to do so for another day, certainly points to pure evil and maliciousness.

Then makes me wonder whether he's done this before. What would make one desire to have sex with a corpse?

No doubt he should have called 911, if it were the case. I guess I'm just thinking about all of the cases where people died accidentally and the other person got scared and disposed of the body.

I agree though that based on the fact that he continued to have sex with his body after he passed and continued to do so for another day, certainly points to pure evil and maliciousness.

Then makes me wonder whether he's done this before. What would make one desire to have sex with a corpse?

BBM

Necrophilia is the desire to have sex with a corpse and is classified as a mental disorder by the American Psychiatric Association.

I can see an insanity plea very likely in this case. JMO

question: why are they believing the monster as to how he disposed of Andrew? What if he is lying all alone somewhere else entirely!

I hope they are continuing this investigation! I have concerns here...

question: why are they believing the monster as to how he disposed of Andrew? What if he is lying all alone somewhere else entirely!

he's already on the hook for improperly disposing of human remains so given what else he admitted to, I don't know that he gains that much by lying. also, if this was a freak accident (doubtful) the body might help probe that.

while anything is possible, the dumpster is probably the most likely route to do so. otherwise he'd have to transport the body to an isolated place and start digging.

there was some suggestion when it came to light that someone else picked up Andrew that night that the loser might not even have a car. so literally it is the most plausible scenario that he walked to a dumpster under cover of darkness and dumped the body.

I feel terrible for Andrews family. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

I agree. I think he has a motive to lie...if he's playing the "Andrew died during sex, and I'm not guilty" card (he did plead not guilty, right?) and then that turns out to be bogus and he killed Andrew (which I think is what everyone is expecting)..when they find his body the truth about how Andrew died will come out..along with this <modsnip: perp>'s DNA and whatnot all over him...yep..there goes the not guilty plea.

By them not having Andrews body is allowing this guy to essentially make up whatever story he wants about how Andrew died.

I would be so thankful today if the would just tell where Andrew is for due justice! Andrew and his family have been in my daily prayers since he was first taken... Gods peace

Andrew Compton memorial, benefit set

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB Fox 41) -- The family of a missing Sullivan University student believed dead will hold his memorial service Monday night.
Compton's memorial service is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday at Gracy Community Church in Noblesville, Ind.

That's close to Compton's home town of Carmel, just north of Indianapolis.

Compton's friends have organized a benefit concert in Louisville on December 4th.

more here

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13569909

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb