Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Metro Police officers will return to an Indiana landfill on Saturday for the 5th day to search for the body of a missing Sullivan University student.

another snip:

On Friday, Rumpke truck operators spent the day moving trash out of the way in order for investigators to get to garbage buried 5 to 6 feet underneath. Police said they are sure the trash on the surface is covering up the area where they really need to be looking.

At this time it is unclear how many more days crews will search the Indiana landfill. "They're actually trying to get closer to where the actual garbage may have been that was dumped that day," Lt. Wilkerson said.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13494930/metro-police-will-continue-searching-landfill-for-missing-teen

this is good news... seems like they are getting closer...

what a job! My heart goes out to the searchers

I would think they are checking the dates on material they are going through to make sure no material post dates the date Andrew's body was supposedly placed in the dumpster. The company that services the dumpster would be able to tell LE which day the dumpster is on their collection route and the frequency to how often the dumpster is dumped. Thus narrowing the search to material dated between the date Andrew's body was supposedly dumped in the dumpster and the date the dumpster was serviced. The sooner the dumpster is serviced to when Andrew's body was supposedly placed in the dumpster the better as far as how much material would need to be sifted through. I seen in an article this landfill received over 900 tons of trash a day, which is the equivalent to about 60 garbage truck loads of material on an average of a 15 ton load. That a lot of trash to go through. Especially if the dumpster was not dumped for several days after Andrew's body was supposedly placed in it.

how about if he choked him? there will be evidence!

we need to find his body!

rest in peace andrew

Yes, I would think there would be evidence on the body of strangulation if that is how Andrew died and that would hopeful be discovered during the autopsy if his body was found.

I wonder what evidence LE is talking about in the following linked article that makes them think they are searching in the right area of the landfill. Obviously it wasn't the body but it could be mail that was addressed to the same area of town that O'Bryan's apartment is located. Hoping they find the body soon.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13469743

Police say they found evidence Tuesday that tells them they are searching in the right location. They are digging holes about five feet deep in their search. Lt. Barry Wilkerson of the LMPD Homicide Unit says, "Just because you found one piece of evidence doesn't mean that it's going to lead you right next to something else, so it may be scattered a little bit."

Wilkerson wouldn't say what other evidence officers are looking for, but it's believed to be something from the crime scene.

In the event that the body isn't ever found, do they have a strong case against O'Bryan if they decide to try him for capital murder?

Can someone be convicted of capital murder in Kentucky if a body isn't ever found?

Obviously LE had enough evidence from the search of O'Bryan's apartment and his statement for the DA's office to charge him with murder before having a body, so the evidence there must be pretty strong. Hopefully it is strong enough evidence to get a conviction even if the body is not found.

As far as charging him with capital murder if the body is not found I don't know. You can read up on the law here. http://www.capitalpunishmentincontext.org/resources/statelaws

Obviously LE had enough evidence from the search of O'Bryan's apartment and his statement for the DA's office to charge him with murder before having a body, so the evidence there must be pretty strong. Hopefully it is strong enough evidence to get a conviction even if the body is not found.

As far as charging him with capital murder if the body is not found I don't know. You can read up on the law here. http://www.capitalpunishmentincontext.org/resources/statelaws

I'll say it this way. we have an email exchange between O'Bryan and Patrick saying I'll pick you up at 9. there is video showing a white car pulling up at the dorm around 9 and Andrew leaves. Andrew's cell phone activities end around the same time. O'Bryan admits Andrew was at his home that night. O'Bryan admits Andrew died (and continued to have sex with a dead body) then he admits he disposes of the body.

certainly the state has to prove any charge beyond a reasonable doubt. There is really no question that Andrew died at that house. I would think, absent anything else in the house, i.e. blood, weapons, etc or online chatter by O'Bryan where he admitted killing Andrew, reasonable minds might differ as to whether he murdered Andrew (as opposed to an accidental death). however, the fact he disposed of the body before anyone else could examine it, could be seen as an act consistent with murder and trying to destroy evidence of the crime.

so I don't see any problem with him facing capital charges here on these facts. of greater concern is his mental capacity. he's obviously not wrapped too tight but where he falls on a scale of diminished mental capacity in a legal sense remains to be seen.

This case, in particular really saddens me. Maybe because it gives the media more reason to push an agenda because he way gay and met his killer online. Neither of which is always risky. No more risky than walking into a park, looking at case of the poor, terrible killing of the college student Toni.
I wouldn't trust what the older man says at all at this point - he likely doesn't want LE to find the body BUT just in case they do, he feels like he has covered up why his DNA is there. As if we haven't heard that one before.
I want peace for Andrew and his family and friends. I hope they find it

the reality of the internet age is that any chance encounter can lead to horrible consequences. I know much has been said about O'Bryan being a predator and the like but the most gruesome internet encounter that I can recall had nothing to do with sex.

I could google the names, dates, etc, but I vividly recall the basic facts. there was a woman in Missouri I think it was who advertised rat terriers for sale. this woman was pregnant and expecting a child. another woman (psycho for sure) was pretending to be pregnant too and went to the other woman's house under the guise of buying a dog.

psycho wanted the baby and I just referred to her as the fetus snatcher, who cut out the baby and left the mother to die. the fetus snatcher was apprehended about a week later and I don't recall her fate in the criminal justice system.

the long and the short of it is that ANYONE who meets in person ANYONE they've met online is at risk for encountering a sociopath. people in general, but especially the young, have to be taught in age appropriate ways how to minimize their risk such as meeting in a public place first, looking for clues of behavior (i.e. if the potential date says he or she is 30 and is not a day under 50 then it is an instant "good bye"), letting at least one other know where you are going, don't leave a drink unattended, etc.

I think to some degree young women are taught some of these things as self defense and some young women have been known to carry things like hot pepper spray just in case. I don't know that guys think they are at risk the same way and it is probably high time that all kids are warned of the dangers.

I know Andrew's parents warned him before and their concern was genuine and non-judgmental. unfortunately, Andrew just met the wrong guy and paid for that mistake with his life.

I know Andrew's parents warned him before and their concern was genuine and non-judgmental. unfortunately, Andrew just met the wrong guy and paid for that mistake with his life.

I agree and I think that same caution can be used in everyday life. Someone you meet at a bar or at a store could be a psychopath too :( and that's what saddens me.

Day 5 in search for Andrew Compton's Body

Posted: Nov 13, 2010 7:54 PM CST
By: Rachel Collier - rcollier@fox41.com

MEDORA, Ind. (WDRB Fox 41)--The rain Saturday did not make it any easier for police to search a local landfill for the body of 18 year old Andrew Compton.

Police have already said it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and the rain did not help in searching for Compton's body.

Steady rain added to the already difficult job at the Rumpke landfill in Medora, Indiana, but the crews pressed on.

more here

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13498310

Day 5 in search for Andrew Compton's Body

Posted: Nov 13, 2010 7:54 PM CST
By: Rachel Collier - rcollier@fox41.com

MEDORA, Ind. (WDRB Fox 41)--The rain Saturday did not make it any easier for police to search a local landfill for the body of 18 year old Andrew Compton.

Police have already said it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, and the rain did not help in searching for Compton's body.

Steady rain added to the already difficult job at the Rumpke landfill in Medora, Indiana, but the crews pressed on.

more here

Thanks. From link: Police will not be at the landfill Sunday, but will resume their search on Monday.

I hope they find him on Monday when they continue the search. But I have to wonder if they are really searching in the right spot. What if that man lied about him being put in the dumpster? HE LIED BEFORE. he probably lied in the chat room to meet people. He lied about Andrew leaving his apartment the night he disappeared. How reliable is his word now? MOO and just a random thought.

Oh Andrew, where are you!

I'm afraid they are going to give up if you keep hiding. Please, please, please, somehow help them to find you!

Carmel teen's dad speaks out on search for son's remains

Updated: Monday, 15 Nov 2010, 10:49 PM EST
Published : Monday, 15 Nov 2010, 9:58 PM EST

By: Daniel Miller
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WISH) - Louisville Police are searching a southern Indiana landfill for a slain Carmel teen’s remains. Nearly a week has gone by and the search has come up empty handed.

24-Hour News 8 Reporter Daniel Miller traveled to Louisville Monday night and talked exclusively to Compton’s parents as police continue searching for their son.

[snipped]

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/hamilton_county/carmel-teens-dad-speaks-out-on-search-for-sons-remains?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

From Andrew’s brother (full .pdf at link may take a minute to load):

Update: November 15, 2010 11:36 PM

The search continues to find Andrew's body. In the meantime I will share this story of Andrew's life.

Andrew's Story: Andrew Blaine Compton left us on October 28, 2010 to be with his heavenly Father and those that had gone before him. Andrew was born two months prematurely with life-threatening lung and heart issues that required very radical treatments to save his life. His parents camped out at his bedside day and night, wondering if he would even survive. Quiet and strong, he made it through those first two months. Andrew had many subsequent hospitalizations, including open heart surgery and a surgically placed feeding tube until he was 5. Over the years, a lot of hard work was done with Andrew to get him and keep him healthier. As his health improved, he began to blossom. In 3rd grade, he began baking in 4-H, having a flair for finding the most complicated recipes. His elementary school had done a great job of helping him to grow and expand his horizons....Click here to read the rest of the story and see a few images.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back