Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Andrew’s brother (full .pdf at link may take a minute to load):

Update: November 15, 2010 11:36 PM

The search continues to find Andrew's body. In the meantime I will share this story of Andrew's life.

Andrew's Story: Andrew Blaine Compton left us on October 28, 2010 to be with his heavenly Father and those that had gone before him. Andrew was born two months prematurely with life-threatening lung and heart issues that required very radical treatments to save his life. His parents camped out at his bedside day and night, wondering if he would even survive. Quiet and strong, he made it through those first two months. Andrew had many subsequent hospitalizations, including open heart surgery and a surgically placed feeding tube until he was 5. Over the years, a lot of hard work was done with Andrew to get him and keep him healthier. As his health improved, he began to blossom. In 3rd grade, he began baking in 4-H, having a flair for finding the most complicated recipes. His elementary school had done a great job of helping him to grow and expand his horizons....Click here to read the rest of the story and see a few images.

http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

Interesting about the health complications and open heart surgery when Andrew was young. If Andrew's body was found and an autopsy concluded the COD was due to an existing heart conditions or other ailment. There might be a slight chance the DA would drop the murder charges. I'm thinking O'Bryan is wishing that the body is found if that is the case and he would be cooperating with LE in where he disposed of the body, not trying to lead them down the wrong path.

http://www.tribtown.com/news/murder-25961-resumes-search.html

Landfill search for murder victim's body resumes

November 16, 2010 7:32 AM

“Anticipating rain (today), they brought lights with them,” Sara Cullin of Rumpke said Monday night. “They planned to continue working until about 10 p.m. and returning early (this morning) if necessary.”

The search continues to find Andrew's body. In the meantime I will share this story of Andrew's life.

Andrew's Story: Andrew Blaine Compton left us on October 28, 2010 to be with his heavenly Father and those that had gone before him. Andrew was born two months prematurely with life-threatening lung and heart issues that required very radical treatments to save his life. His parents camped out at his bedside day and night, wondering if he would even survive. Quiet and strong, he made it through those first two months. Andrew had many subsequent hospitalizations, including open heart surgery and a surgically placed feeding tube until he was 5. Over the years, a lot of hard work was done with Andrew to get him and keep him healthier. As his health improved, he began to blossom. In 3rd grade, he began baking in 4-H, having a flair for finding the most complicated recipes. His elementary school had done a great job of helping him to grow and expand his horizons....Click here to read the rest of the story and see a few images.

Thanks for posting this.....and thanks to the Compton family for writing such a wonderful bio about Andrew. I just adore this family so much.
It sounds like Andrew was so funny, with a very promising future. Gosh, I would have loved to have tried out some of his chocolate creations!
Andrew has always had unending support, love, and encouragement from his family. I hope they feel his arms around them now, supporting them as they grieve.

What a wonderful memorial.
Andrew was loved by his family, knew what he wanted to do, to be....
just gone too soon.

[URL="http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html"]http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html[/URL]

So sweet. Please let them find Andrew soon so he can be returned to his loving family.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13511325/2010/11/16/rain-delays-search-for-teens-body

Rain delays search for teen's body

The search for the body of 18-year-old Andrew Compton was halted Tuesday due to wet weather. Compton was a freshman studying culinary arts at Sullivan University when he went missing Oct. 28. Police arrested 40-year-old Gregory O'Bryan on Nov. 9 and charged him with Compton's murder.

(Snipped)

Klain says the search will resume as soon as weather permits.

hang in there Andrew..they will find you.....

Prayers to his family and friends... how absolutely agonizing this must be.

"It becomes tougher the longer it goes, but we are still very hopeful that he'll be found," Compton said.

So hopeful, his family has bought a plot for Andrew and started a memorial fund to help cover funeral expenses.

"I have faith in something bigger than you and I and I have faith in the police and their information and their efforts and devotion," said Compton.

Even a week after a suspect was arrested in connection with Andrews' murder, the suspect's apartment remains a crime scene with a Louisville Metro Police officer on guard 24 hours a day.

Investigators say that's to preserve evidence, so if something is discovered during the landfill search, it can be matched to items inside the apartment.
Murder suspect Gregory O'Bryan remains in a Louisville jail on $1 million bond.

http://www.wthr.com/story/13514534/murder-victims-father-holding-out-hope

A memorial fund has been established at PNC Bank in Andrew Compton's name. Anyone wishing to make a donation may do so by stopping by any PNC branch and stating the name of the account (The Andrew Compton Memorial Fund). You can also make a donation online.

Crews Race Against Weather In Search For Missing Teen

The search continued Wednesday for a teen who has been missing since October.

[snip]

"It's a long tedious process that we have to go through. We're going to continue to do as long as we have the knowledge the body might possibly be there," Louisville Metro Police Department homicide unit Lt. Barry Wilkerson said.

Wilkerson said over the course of about the last week, LMPD recruits sifted through about 2,500 to 3,000 tons of garbage and may have to look through another 1,000 to 2,000 tons.

[snip]

On Wednesday, WLKY spoke to a garbage hauler, who doesn't work for Rumpke, and his relative. The relative said that hauler picked up trash at O'Bryan's apartment area right after the body may have been dumped.

The relative said the hauler remembers a particular television box he picked up but didn't think anything about it because it wasn't unusual.

The relative said the hauler also remembers where he dumped the load at the Medora landfill.

"My relative could have been the one to take him to the landfill that day. He feels strongly where they're digging at is the wrong place," the relative said.

More: http://www.wlky.com/r/25827789/detail.html

Question - do bodies decompose in landfills?

The reason I ask - I am sort of involved in selling foodservice supplies, including plastic forks and all that good stuff. A lot of "green" companies are coming out with products that have all kinds of interesting "green" attributes such as being made from potatoes. One particular company claims their stuff has a chemical compound that specifically allows it to decompose in landfills but not in regular air. I know people question it but I haven't heard anything about this being proven false.

Also, I had once had a conversation about landfills with a vendor (clearly I work in a very glamorous industry lol) and we were discussing how they were built specifically so nothing could decompose, therefor nothing would get into the earth and into the ground water.

There was actually a show we talked about, Dateline or one of those, where a 10 year old carrot was pulled out of the landfill, cut in half, and it looked like a fresh carrot on the inside.

Question - do bodies decompose in landfills?

The reason I ask - I am sort of involved in selling foodservice supplies, including plastic forks and all that good stuff. A lot of "green" companies are coming out with products that have all kinds of interesting "green" attributes such as being made from potatoes. One particular company claims their stuff has a chemical compound that specifically allows it to decompose in landfills but not in regular air. I know people question it but I haven't heard anything about this being proven false.

Also, I had once had a conversation about landfills with a vendor (clearly I work in a very glamorous industry lol) and we were discussing how they were built specifically so nothing could decompose, therefor nothing would get into the earth and into the ground water.

There was actually a show we talked about, Dateline or one of those, where a 10 year old carrot was pulled out of the landfill, cut in half, and it looked like a fresh carrot on the inside.

I'm not a scientist but I think you are describing two different things. the green items that allow decomposition are no doubt an alternative to plastic which takes an eternity to decompose.

while I can't address the carrot you mentioned, I think anything organic (in the classic sense - anything that was once alive and not manufactured) decomposes and that is why landfills have been known to explode from methane gasses produced by the decomposition process.

The grand jury returned "true-bill" indictments on one count of murder (complicity), one count of sodomy (complicity), three counts of abuse of a corpse (complicity) and two counts of tampering with physical evidence (complicity).

His bond was set at $1,000,000.

With regard to the abuse of a corpse charges, the indictment states that O'Bryan, "intentionally treated a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable family sensibilities and he attempted or committed sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with the corpse."

With regard to the tampering with physical evidence charges, the indictment states that O'Bryan, "destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed or altered the physical evidence which he believed was about to be produced or used in such official proceeding, with the intent to impair its verity or availability in the official proceeding."

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13531558

indictment:
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wdrb/news/obryanindictment.pdf

Police haven't even been able to find the victim's body yet but Prosecution is already going for the death penalty against Gregory O'Bryan.
O'Bryan was in court today after being indicted by a grand jury on seven counts.

and another snip

WHAS11 News has learned he abused the corpse for a second day before putting it in a dumpster.

and another:

The prosecution has until December 2 to file discovery in this case, that's when they'll be back in court for a hearing.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetra...University-student-murder-case-109220814.html

O’Bryan, 40, was arraigned before Jefferson Circuit Judge Mitch Perry Friday morning after he was indicted by a grand jury Thursday on one count each of murder and sodomy, two counts of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of abuse of a corpse.

Perry upheld a $1 million bond for O’Bryan, who has pleaded not guilty, and is being held at Metro Corrections.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...h+penalty+in+case+of+missing+Sullivan+student

"My son, Derek, was able to uncover e-mail accounts that we didn't know existed," Compton said. "From there, he was able to find something that showed a communication from somebody that was picking my son up."

another snip

That communication was the link police needed to get to O'Bryan, who police said admitted that he'd met Compton on an online dating site and said that the teen died during sex and that he kept his body for a day before disposing of it and other evidence in an outdoor trash bin.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25851460/detail.html

I just got finished reading this entire thread. Poor kid!

I do think that it is quite possible that Andrew could have died of natural causes given that he was born prematurely and required surgery, I'm assuming, to close the PDA. (My daughter's was open, but fortunately was able to be closed with meds.) He may have also had an ASD that may not have been repaired. If small, they don't generally get repaired, and most close on their own before age 2. (My daughter's was not repaired and is assumed to have closed, as she no longer has a murmur.) However, there is a possibility that he had one that was not closed and the stress of having sex, coupled with a possiblity of lessened oxygen intake, may have been too much for him.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back