Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't see how the blood would have come to be from just a neck injury either. Maybe the blood come from when O'bryan tied Andrew with a phone cord to a spring in the couch that he tore to gain access to the spring. But from the sounds of how much blood was found that doesn't seem likely.

Without the blood evidence and O'bryan's admissions there likely would not be enough evidence for a conviction and therefore it is maybe a good thing however the blood got in so many different locations in the apartment is a good thing. Be it from dismemberment or other means. That is if you can call it a good thing.

In the interview released by prosecutes to the media O'bryan is asked about the television box and what kind of television it was. O'bryan says the box said "13" color television on it or something like that" or maybe it was a monitor box. The interviewer then said that is a pretty small box and asked O'bryan if he twisted him up or did he cut up Andrew. O'bryan claims he didn't and goes on to show the interviewer how he put him in the box.

I'm not sure if I'm believing that or not.

Of course O'bryan is now claiming he was mentally ill during that interview. I'm sure that is on the advise of his lawyer.

You can see the interview here: http://www.fox41.com/story/13796843/obryan

JMO

I don't see how the blood would have come to be from just a neck injury either. Maybe the blood come from when O'bryan tied Andrew with a phone cord to a spring in the couch that he tore to gain access to the spring. But from the sounds of how much blood was found that doesn't seem likely.

Without the blood evidence and O'bryan's admissions there likely would not be enough evidence for a conviction and therefore it is maybe a good thing however the blood got in so many different locations in the apartment is a good thing. Be it from dismemberment or other means. That is if you can call it a good thing.

In the interview released by prosecutes to the media O'bryan is asked about the television box and what kind of television it was. O'bryan says the box said "13" color television on it or something like that" or maybe it was a monitor box. The interviewer then said that is a pretty small box and asked O'bryan if he twisted him up or did he cut up Andrew. O'bryan claims he didn't and goes on to show the interviewer how he put him in the box.

I'm not sure if I'm believing that or not.

Of course O'bryan is now claiming he was mentally ill during that interview. I'm sure that is on the advise of his lawyer.

You can see the interview here: http://www.fox41.com/story/13796843/obryan

JMO

~BBM~ Ugggh!! We sure could see that coming! Couldn't we? :rolleyes:

rather than just looking at emails between the two they should look at the entire hard drive.

you'd be surprised what people put into a google search engine like "how to dispose of a body", and then see what websites he visited after that evening.

they finally searched O'Bryan's computer hard drive. LE did not say he googled "how to dispose of a body" but he did research and download information on how to concoct a date rape drug:

http://tinyurl.com/692ef28

Man Accused Of Killing Student Appears In Court

A Louisville man charged with killing a Sullivan University student appeared in court Wednesday morning.

[snip]

One motion discussed was that filed by the prosecution to get O'Bryan's mental health records from Central State and Our Lady of Peace. The judge will get the records under sealed orders and review them.

[snip]

Work is also under way to create a DNA profile of Compton to match DNA to evidence taken from O'Bryan's apartment.

More: http://www.wlky.com/r/27052552/detail.html

Man Accused Of Killing Student Appears In Court

A Louisville man charged with killing a Sullivan University student appeared in court Wednesday morning.

[snip]

One motion discussed was that filed by the prosecution to get O'Bryan's mental health records from Central State and Our Lady of Peace. The judge will get the records under sealed orders and review them.

[snip]

Work is also under way to create a DNA profile of Compton to match DNA to evidence taken from O'Bryan's apartment.

More: http://www.wlky.com/r/27052552/detail.html

Both of those hospitals are psychiatric hospitals in Kentucky. Both of these hospitals are what I would call "heavy hitters" of psychiatric care. They aren't like what you normally think of when you think of someone being admitted to the hospital for emotional problems or mental health issues. Both are mainly for acute care of mentally ill patients that are in crisis. But Central state more so than the other. When I saw Central State Hospital that leads me to believe there is a very good possibility that this individual has a very serious mental illness. JMHO. (formally from Louisville KY)

Missing student case brings memories of past

The disappearance of an IU student has similarities to several other college students that have gone missing in the area in the past decade or so.

Jill Behrman, Wade Steffey and Andrew Compton are all college students from central Indiana who, like Lauren Spierer, went missing on or near their respective university campuses.

More: http://www.wthr.com/story/14860243/missing-student-case-brings-memories-of-past

June 30, 2011
Family Of Slain Student Writes To Murder Suspect

http://www.wlky.com/r/28408050/detail.html

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The family of a slain Sullivan University student who has never been found is ordered to have no contact with the suspect.
That ruling came down from a judge Thursday morning during a hearing for Gregory O'Bryan."

Andrew is still missing. *His family is heartbroken. *There is a growing movement in Louisville to try to get LMPD to resume the search.

http://www.LookForAndrew.com/

The evening of October 28, 2010 I was at work less than 100 yds from the scene of the crime. *Next to my store is a popular coffee shop where a number of Bardstown Rd. hipsters, skate punks, anarchists, students, wannabe screenwriters, the homeless, and officers of the LMPD hang out and loiter. *We all love it that the police hang out there. *It cuts down on petty crime and potentially violent confrontations.

Two days later? *(sorry, I honestly can't remember) the news errupted on facebook that Andrew was missing, so I immediately printed out a flyer and posted it on our shop's front door. *Bardstown Rd. is a popular hangout for kids who love to get together and do nothing but hangout and hookup with their friends. *My 17 year old son does this regularly, so I immediately called him and asked if he knew Andrew, if he or any of his friends had seen him, or if he had heard anything on the underground circuit. *He doesn't, hadn't, it was news to him, and he and his friends spread the word and started to keep an eye out and ears open.

The Bardstown Rd./Highlands community is very close knit. *All the shopkeepers and restaurant owners try to look out for the kids. *So, when the LMPD POLICE OFFICERS next door at the coffee shop TOLD US THAT ANDREW WAS GAY AND HAD A FIGHT WITH HIS MOTHER OVER THE PHONE WHEN HE CAME OUT TO HER AND HAD SUBSEQUENTLY RUN AWAY AND WAS PROBABLY LAYING LOW AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE, I took down the flyer. *I thought the situation was a private family issue. *(I later learned this was not the case at all.) *I even called my son and gave him an update, and asked him if he ran into Andrew to see if he needed any help and if he did, to come see me at my store. *I was now more worried that he was hungry, or needed clothes, or shampoo, or a bed to sleep in.

It wasn't until SEVERAL DAYS LATER, that I heard Andrew was still missing. *I reprinted the flyer and taped it back up on the front door. *I have regretted taking down that flyer ever since. *It haunts me every day, still.

Andrew's parents feel the LMPD did not take his disappearance very seriously.

November 8, 2010

"Louisville Police say they have interviewed the 40-year old man Andrew met with and have not named him as a suspect. In fact, they say they don't have any evidence of foul play but John and Angela do worry that something bad has happened to Andrew. *They also feel Louisville Police are not investigating the case more aggressively.

"Carmel (Indiana Police) has issued a search warrant for cellphone records. The Louisville Police weren't really interested in doing that," Angela said."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-carmel-parents-in-frantic-sear-110710,0,2329527.story

I can attest to that fact. *I can also attest they didn't take it seriously because *HE WAS GAY.

LMPD arrested Gregory O'Bryan based on the large amount of blood found in his apartment. *O'Bryan has since confessed that Andrew died of a broken neck, and then after he had sex with his corpse, he put the body in a 32 inch TV box and threw it in a dumpster behind Our Lady of Peace Mental Hospital, where O'Bryan had previously spent time as a mental patient.

LMPD sent 60 officers and new recruits to a landfill in Indiana where they looked for 9 days before calling off the search.

18 year old Andrew Blaine Compton is still missing. *His body has never been found. *His parents have purchased a plot to bury their son in as soon as he can be found. *Please don't forget about him. *Please sign the petition:

http://www.LookForAndrew.com/

He was murdered 50 yards away from me that night. *I had no idea. *I took down his flyer...

This case has always bothered me. It reminded me that young gay people are more at risk. As many of them keep their personal life more private, they eliminate a safety net that surrounds most of us. This poor young man will never get to see his life fulfilled. Who knows what he could have become and how many lives he could have touched.

My deepest, deepest sympathies are with his family and loved ones. I can't imagine the torment that they have gone through and will continuing to go through until Andrew's body is found.

Attorneys claim prosecutors illegally contacted suspect's mother

Did prosecutors cross the line in the case of a missing Sullivan University student? Gregory O'Bryan's attorneys claim prosecutors contacted his mother illegally.

The mother of an accused killer took the stand Wednesday. Even though Gregory O'Bryan's murder trial is not until April, his mother still had to testify during a special hearing.

Prosecutors say that Mrs. O'Bryan was contacted as investigators were interviewing witnesses.

[snip]

"We are constantly searching for Andrew Compton's body," prosecutor Tom Van De Rostyne said Wednesday. "We're not going to give up until we find him. So we're going to pursue every possible lead to find him so we can return him to his family if at all possible."

More: http://www.wdrb.com/story/15410241/attorneys-claim-prosecutors-illegally-contacted-suspects-mother

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back