Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do remember the Jeffrey Dahmer case.

I would hope LE is looking very closely at this man's history; with other men, with calls to that address, with complaints made, any violent tendencies, chat rooms, computer usage, cell phone calls, etc.

LMPD homicide detective Barry Wilkerson says they have zeroed in on a half-acre location within the landfill where hundreds of tons of trash is dumped each day from Kentucky and Indiana.

Late Tuesday crews found discarded mail with addresses in Louisville near the Highlands home of 40-year-old Gregory O'Bryan, who told police he met Compton after exchanging emails with him online. At first he told police he picked Compton up and took him to his apartment and that he left on foot. After police obtained a search warrant, O'Bryan told police that Compton died while they were having sex.

An arrest report indicates that O'Bryan disposed of the body to conceal Compton's death. Police believe Compton's body may have been left in a dumpster somewhere in Louisville that was later picked up by a Rumpke garbage truck and taken to the landfill.

[Gregory O'Bryan Arrest Report]

Early Wednesday, several dozen LMPD recruits joined the search, and cadaver dogs were brought in later in the day.

Wilkerson says they will regrouping with Rumpke if Compton's body isn't found by nightfall.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13478985/crews-continue-search-for-sullivan

RIP Andrew

I'm so sorry you didn't get a chance to realize your dreams.

My prayers for this poor suffering family.

LMPD homicide detective Barry Wilkerson says they have zeroed in on a half-acre location within the landfill where hundreds of tons of trash is dumped each day from Kentucky and Indiana.

Late Tuesday crews found discarded mail with addresses in Louisville near the Highlands home of 40-year-old Gregory O'Bryan, who told police he met Compton after exchanging emails with him online. At first he told police he picked Compton up and took him to his apartment and that he left on foot. After police obtained a search warrant, O'Bryan told police that Compton died while they were having sex.

An arrest report indicates that O'Bryan disposed of the body to conceal Compton's death. Police believe Compton's body may have been left in a dumpster somewhere in Louisville that was later picked up by a Rumpke garbage truck and taken to the landfill.

[Gregory O'Bryan Arrest Report]

Early Wednesday, several dozen LMPD recruits joined the search, and cadaver dogs were brought in later in the day.

Wilkerson says they will regrouping with Rumpke if Compton's body isn't found by nightfall.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13478985/crews-continue-search-for-sullivan

He admitted that he disposed of the body. I am wondering why LE does not know which dumpster he placed the body in? Is the guy's memory that bad that he can't remember where he placed a dead body? He already admitted to the death of Andrew so what would he be trying to hide at this point?

His SSI income is received in his mother's name, payee. She is probably the payee because he is mentally impaired. Oh boy, just a guess but, I bet his defense will claim not guilty based on limited mental capacity. Not sure if anyone read some of the comments below this article or if there is any truth to them. One person wrote,

"I dated Greg for over two years. He received SSI for being mentally ill. When I reported him to the police for an incident last year the police refused to take my claims seriously (they thought I was a simply a loon who was over reacting) and no action was taken."

http://www.courier-journal.com/comm...murdering-missing-Sullivan-University-student
Same guy writes that Greg claimed to be 32 which is typical for these predators.

Also an update from his brother.
http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

Same guy writes that Greg claimed to be 32 which is typical for these predators.

Also an update from his brother.
http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Updates.html

his brother said this ((I dare you not to cry))

~snip~

We must remember him for how he lived his life and for the things he loved to do. Those who knew him well recognized what clearly made him special for each one of us. For me, he was my younger brother who I begged to make me cookies every weekend when I was home from school. Then while he was making them I would sneak into the kitchen with a spoon, grab some cookie dough out of a bowl and make a dash for the safety of my room being chased by him. His dream was to be a chef, and even though he won't be able to finish that dream in life, his legacy will live on in the lives he touched.

~unsnip~

I am gonna go ahead and go where no one else really has yet.. but Andrew's sexual orientation and the method with which he chose to meet people has NOTHING to do with what happened to him really!

How many of you have posted on a dating website? Or know someone who has met their significant other on the internet?

What is wrong here is that Andrew met an ANIMAL on the internet!

I feel so badly for what happened to you Andrew! I wish you could have found the love of your life instead of finding your end there. I am so very sorry for the live you couldn't lead and so very sorry for the family that must be missing you so horribly.

rest in peace Andrew.

his brother said this ((I dare you not to cry))

~snip~

We must remember him for how he lived his life and for the things he loved to do. Those who knew him well recognized what clearly made him special for each one of us. For me, he was my younger brother who I begged to make me cookies every weekend when I was home from school. Then while he was making them I would sneak into the kitchen with a spoon, grab some cookie dough out of a bowl and make a dash for the safety of my room being chased by him. His dream was to be a chef, and even though he won't be able to finish that dream in life, his legacy will live on in the lives he touched.

~unsnip~

I am gonna go ahead and go where no one else really has yet.. but Andrew's sexual orientation and the method with which he chose to meet people has NOTHING to do with what happened to him really!

How many of you have posted on a dating website? Or know someone who has met their significant other on the internet?

What is wrong here is that Andrew met an ANIMAL on the internet!

I feel so badly for what happened to you Andrew! I wish you could have found the love of your life instead of finding your end there. I am so very sorry for the live you couldn't lead and so very sorry for the family that must be missing you so horribly.

rest in peace Andrew.

Thank you for posting what Andrew's brother wrote...
It captured the spirit of Andrew...it came across very clearly.

I too wish Andrew had found the love of his life.....

Search for Andrew Compton's body will resume Thursday

Homicide detectives increased their man power Wednesday at an Indiana landfill but did not find the body of a missing Sullivan University student.

Investigators found "several items of interest" but would not identify the evidence. Reliable sources tell Fox 41 News that Andrew Compton's body might have been disposed of in a 32-inch television box. Detectives did not find that box Wednesday.

More: http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13482818

He admitted that he disposed of the body. I am wondering why LE does not know which dumpster he placed the body in? Is the guy's memory that bad that he can't remember where he placed a dead body? He already admitted to the death of Andrew so what would he be trying to hide at this point?

I guess he's wanting the death to be considered some sort of natural death and doesn't want the victim to be found since the body likely shows proof of physical harm inflicted by the killer.

http://www.whas11.com/home/Police-r...ill-connected-to-murdered-teen-107073324.html

Because of the evidence they have found, police believe they are searching in the right area.

Investigators believe that the 18-year-old's body was placed in a Rumpke dumpster, but not the dumpster located behind suspect Gregory O’Bryan's Highlands apartment, then ultimately moved to the landfill in Medora Indiana.

The body is believed to be in a TV box.

JMO I feel predator O"Bryon should of been charged with rape, it seems that what it's usually called when the victim is female. MOO

Andrews family really impressed me right from the start. They jumped right in there immediately, they tried so hard, they were so honest. That they love and adored Andrew there is no doubt. They really did the best and most they could. My heart truly breaks for them and with them. Life death is so random and unfair at times. jmo

I hope they find Andrew soon and only time will tell whether the medical examiner's office can determine an actual cause of death.

I suspect the prosecutor's office could go for murder charges, even if the autopsy is inconclusive given O'Bryan's disposition of the body as evidence to conceal the commission of a crime. Let's hope the prosecutor's office is staffed with attorneys who possess more motivation than the Louisville cops, who did not even bother to subpoena Andrew's cell phone records.

LMPD Homicide Lt. Barry Wilkerson said they found a few items of interest, but it's too early to tell if they will end up being evidence.

There are more than 60 men and women looking through the trash and 50 of them are recruits. They have been using heavy machinery to loosen compacted trash, then recruits comb through the trash with a rake. As many as three could go over the same pile of garbage, then cadaver dogs search it for human scents.

"I'm not going to say it's easy, but what makes it easier is we have a purpose," said LMPD recruit Yousseff Mattiche. "We're looking forward to find Andrew and bring some closure to the department, to his family and to the whole case."

An estimated 850 tons of trash are dumped at the Medora Landfill each day.

"It's an enormous task on hand we're going to stay positive and do what we can to bring this young man out of here," said Wilkerson.

Through dumping records, Rumpke, the company that runs the landfill, helped narrow the focus to a half acre where it thinks Compton's body could be.

Police arrested Gregory O'Bryan for Compton's murder and say O'Bryan told them Compton died while they were having sex. Then he put his body in a TV box and into the dumpster.

Police will resume the search on Friday morning.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13487910...s-body-after-three-days-of-searching-landfill

hang in there andrew... they will find you....

LMPD Homicide Lt. Barry Wilkerson said they found a few items of interest, but it's too early to tell if they will end up being evidence.

There are more than 60 men and women looking through the trash and 50 of them are recruits. They have been using heavy machinery to loosen compacted trash, then recruits comb through the trash with a rake. As many as three could go over the same pile of garbage, then cadaver dogs search it for human scents.

"I'm not going to say it's easy, but what makes it easier is we have a purpose," said LMPD recruit Yousseff Mattiche. "We're looking forward to find Andrew and bring some closure to the department, to his family and to the whole case."

An estimated 850 tons of trash are dumped at the Medora Landfill each day.

"It's an enormous task on hand we're going to stay positive and do what we can to bring this young man out of here," said Wilkerson.

Through dumping records, Rumpke, the company that runs the landfill, helped narrow the focus to a half acre where it thinks Compton's body could be.

Police arrested Gregory O'Bryan for Compton's murder and say O'Bryan told them Compton died while they were having sex. Then he put his body in a TV box and into the dumpster.

Police will resume the search on Friday morning.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13487910...s-body-after-three-days-of-searching-landfill

hang in there andrew... they will find you....

I know nothing is certain, but what worries me is if this guy is telling the truth about where he supposedly disposed of the body. A half acre where Andrew could be. :( Bless the family and the poor searchers who have this enormous task which could take some time it seems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back