KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Oprah wants the officers charged with.

Winfrey said "we cannot be silent" and "we have to use whatever megaphone we can to cry for justice."

"The last time I spoke to Breonna Taylor's mom, Tamika Palmer, she was having a particularly bad day dealing with the loss of her daughter," the video begins with Winfrey's narration. "She told me: 'I can't stop seeing her face. Her smile. It's what I miss most about her. I'm still waiting for her to come through the door.'

"Everybody who's lost a loved one knows that feeling," she continued. "For every mother and father whose child is out in the world right now, imagine getting a call in the middle of the night that your daughter has been shot in her apartment, and then you find out the people who killed her were police officers who should never have been there in the first place.

"What would you want to happen now? Would you be content to hear five months later there is an investigation and that no one has been held accountable for shooting your innocent daughter multiple times and letting her life bleed out?"

In her video released Monday, Winfrey said the pandemic has prevented her from protesting.

"If not for the coronavirus, I'd be out in the streets, marching with the Black Lives Matter protesters," Winfrey said in narration in the video. "These 26 billboards, one for every year of Breonna's life, are my offering, my form of protest."

Oprah Winfrey releases video 150 days after Breonna Taylor's death

Taylor will be on the cover of the September issue of "O, The Oprah Magazine" — which will hit newsstands today and is the first time in the magazine's history Winfrey herself will not be on the cover.

4a2a23eb-9d6d-4b67-b561-288b9f7fc5be-AP20220580375855.jpg

Winfrey said "we cannot be silent" and "we have to use whatever megaphone we can to cry for justice."

"The last time I spoke to Breonna Taylor's mom, Tamika Palmer, she was having a particularly bad day dealing with the loss of her daughter," the video begins with Winfrey's narration. "She told me: 'I can't stop seeing her face. Her smile. It's what I miss most about her. I'm still waiting for her to come through the door.'

"Everybody who's lost a loved one knows that feeling," she continued. "For every mother and father whose child is out in the world right now, imagine getting a call in the middle of the night that your daughter has been shot in her apartment, and then you find out the people who killed her were police officers who should never have been there in the first place.

"What would you want to happen now? Would you be content to hear five months later there is an investigation and that no one has been held accountable for shooting your innocent daughter multiple times and letting her life bleed out?"

In her video released Monday, Winfrey said the pandemic has prevented her from protesting.

"If not for the coronavirus, I'd be out in the streets, marching with the Black Lives Matter protesters," Winfrey said in narration in the video. "These 26 billboards, one for every year of Breonna's life, are my offering, my form of protest."

Taylor will be on the cover of the September issue of "O, The Oprah Magazine" — which will hit newsstands today and is the first time in the magazine's history Winfrey herself will not be on the cover.

4a2a23eb-9d6d-4b67-b561-288b9f7fc5be-AP20220580375855.jpg

Since you copied my post questioning what Oprah wanted them charged with, I thought you were going to comment on my post. If you did, I missed it. Has she said what she wants them charged with?

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron will decide whether or not to criminally charge the officers. Last week, Cameron said that his office is waiting for information on ballistics tests the FBI has been conducting.

Not sure what ballistic testing would have to do with charges. Oprah has already decided the officers should be charged. I think it could quickly be determined what gun fired each shot.

This is a question as well as a problem I have with this case.
Neighbors report that none of them heard LE announce themselves. They did hear them break down the door.
Breonna's boyfriend Kenneth Walker thought someone was breaking in so he grabbed his gun (which he legally owned) and got one shot off thinking they were being broken into, that bullet did hit one of the officers in the leg.
Once the officers were done shooting up the apartment and killing Breonna they left and went to the parking lot, giving Kenneth a chance to call LE and ask for them to sent LE and an ambulance to help them. Had he known that LE was the one in their apartment he would not have called 911. Why did the Officers not identify themselves even when the shooting started? or after it finished? They knew there was a man with a gun in that apartment and as a hypothetical they had no way to know that he would not come out and shoot them. My Opinion Only they knew they had screwed up big time and had no idea what to do at that point so they hightailed it out of that apartment and went to the parking lot. There is alot more I know about this case but because it has not hit MSM I am unable to post it here.

I also would like to explain that I come from a family of LE so I am in no way anti police, but what I am is anti coverup and if you screw up it needs to be admitted and dealt with but in this case they want to sweep it under the rug and hope it goes away. That will never happen in this community or this country I hope.

keep in mid this happened at 1:30 in the morning, all 3 Officers were in plain clothes and driving an unmarked car, so how they thought any citizen would know they were there with a no-knock warrant is beyond me.

I wonder what Oprah wants the officers charged with.
Well this is just my guess it should be Murder.
3 officers out of uniform and with unmarked cars, don't announce themselves, break down a door, shoot up an apartment (see above photos) kill an innocent citizen who was also an EMT for our community then leave the apartment with still not announcing who they were with. And then find out not only were they at the wrong apartment but the person they were looking for had been locked up at Louisville Metro jail the day before. To me the max should be murder the least manslaughter. Only 1 has been fired 2 are still working and none have been arrested.

Well this is just my guess it should be Murder.
3 officers out of uniform and with unmarked cars, don't announce themselves, break down a door, shoot up an apartment (see above photos) kill an innocent citizen who was also an EMT for our community then leave the apartment with still not announcing who they were with. And then find out not only were they at the wrong apartment but the person they were looking for had been locked up at Louisville Metro jail the day before. To me the max should be murder the least manslaughter. Only 1 has been fired 2 are still working and none have been arrested.
It wasn't the wrong apartment. They had a legal no knock warrant to enter. And they came under fire first. How can this be murder? You obey a legal warrant ordered by a superior & are shot. You can argue to end no knock warrants. They are issued in cases where the subjects could destroy evidence if given time if you knock & wait for someone to answer the door. If you end no knock warrants it will make it harder for police to gather evidence. I can appreciate the argument that no knock warrants should be stopped because the risks out weigh the rewards. Out of uniform, unmarked cars, breaking down a door are what happens with no knock warrants. If the police were not fired upon we would not be talking about this.

It wasn't the wrong apartment. They had a legal no knock warrant to enter. And they came under fire first. How can this be murder? You obey a legal warrant ordered by a superior & are shot. You can argue to end no knock warrants. They are issued in cases where the subjects could destroy evidence if given time if you knock & wait for someone to answer the door. If you end no knock warrants it will make it harder for police to gather evidence. I can appreciate the argument that no knock warrants should be stopped because the risks out weigh the rewards. Out of uniform, unmarked cars, breaking down a door are what happens with no knock warrants. If the police were not fired upon we would not be talking about this.
Jefferson County where this happened has already banned no-knock warrants after this case.
I respect your opinion with that said if someone unannounced knocks down my door while wearing street clothes I would also use my gun. I have the duty to protect my home and family as well. If you think someone is breaking into your house what would you do? The warrant was at the right apartment and that is where the problem lies the person they were looking for was already in jail. This case has been messed up and covered up since March when this happened. There was absolutely nothing found this apartment as far as drugs. Like I said upthread there is more to know about this case but since it hasn't been on MSM i am unable to post it.

Jefferson County where this happened has already banned no-knock warrants after this case.
I respect your opinion with that said if someone unannounced knocks down my door while wearing street clothes I would also use my gun. I have the duty to protect my home and family as well. If you think someone is breaking into your house what would you do? The warrant was at the right apartment and that is where the problem lies the person they were looking for was already in jail. This case has been messed up and covered up since March when this happened. There was absolutely nothing found this apartment as far as drugs. Like I said upthread there is more to know about this case but since it hasn't been on MSM i am unable to post it.

Just because a case is "messed up" , which I agree, is not grounds for charging the officers with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy