KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched NG for many years. I don't think I have ever heard a grieving spouse say to NG, "That is a great question," or "I'm really glad you asked that question," especially when they were rather typical questions. I sensed that answer were definitely rehearsed in advance and he was glad when she asked some key questions that he was ready with a good answer. I'm also interested in knowing if she took the toddler with her when she has left before to go to cousins overnight.

Whoever did this, had to have tripped up somewhere and left something behind. I don't understand why the diaper bag was in the car but the child wasnt. I could understand an overnight bag or something like that if she were going to her cousins as suggested. I wonder if they're using diaper bag in a broad way. When my daughter was a baby, I carried a huge diaper bag around but as she got older and needed less as far as bottles and formula and baby stuff, I would switch out to a much smaller bag. I don't want to get caught up in the specifics of diaper bags though. I really hope they figure this out because there have been three other fairly viscous murders in the past two years that have gone unsolved in that particular county. I live about 20 minutes away and it's a small community. It's really, very unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though just because the diaper bag not at home, doesn't mean that all the necessary supplies weren't still there in the home (diapers, wipes, diaper cream, etc). Most Moms keep their full stock of these things at home in the nursery....but just fill up the diaper bag with these things for when out of the house. Him not having the diaper bag likely wouldn't have created any issue, most Moms don't use items from the diaper bag when changing baby at home anyway.....they use their supplies that are already stocked in the nursery. JMO

On the fence about the bf until you brought up the diaper bag. If he had no diaper bag he would have been pissed.

Has LE looked at Walmart surveillance video around the time she was supposedly there?
Has LE searched the "rental property" that Crystal showed earlier in the evening? Have they contacted the prospective renter to confirm that part of the BF's story?

I'm trying to stay on the fence but I'm also not taking his word for anything.

She's up playing games on her phone at midnight, with a toddler running around (yeah right), and he just goes to sleep? I'm having a hard time envisioning that scenario.

And his "thanks for asking that question; that's a great question" carp was pure politician-speak. He sounds way more concerned about his image than the fact that the mother of his child is missing.

Though just because the diaper bag not at home, doesn't mean that all the necessary supplies weren't still there in the home (diapers, wipes, diaper cream, etc). Most Moms keep their full stock of these things at home in the nursery....but just fill up the diaper bag with these things for when out of the house. Him not having the diaper bag likely wouldn't have created any issue, most Moms don't use items from the diaper bag when changing baby at home anyway.....they use their supplies that are already stocked in the nursery. JMO

True, but you'd think with him having to take the baby (and another child of hers?) to the 4th of July festivities that he'd be looking for that diaper bag before he left the house.

True, but you'd think with him having to take the baby (and another child of hers?) to the 4th of July festivities that he'd be looking for that diaper bag before he left the house.

As I said earlier, the baby is 2-1/2 yrs. old. A dad would very likely just toss a couple of diapers and a change of clothes in a grocery sack and call it good.

Maybe, maybe not. I know a lot of dads that would be frantic searching for that diaper bag.

So her daughter is the one that noticed she wasn't calling or texting on FRIDAY!!! Unless she normally ignored her kids, this to me is important. One daughter lives with maternal grandparents. One daughter was with her paternal grandmother. Two kids were with their dad. That leaves only the 2 yr old with her and current partner.

In the first news reports, maternal grandma was contacted by one of Crystal's daughter on FRIDAY around 6, and again around 9-9:30 ish that evening. If that's correct, then I want proof that Crystal, the toddler, and BH left the home together after eating, and who saw them, where were they??

Interesting that BH didn't state what they ate on Friday. Who saw Crystal after Wal-Mart? If she went to the rental property, has that been verified??

For BH to state there was a timeline, sure seems to be missing some facts.

GRACE: I get it. So that night, you get back and what was she doing when you went to bed?

HOUCK: She was playing games on her phone.

GRACE: Really? OK. Where was the baby?

HOUCK: The baby was still up.

GRACE: OK. And who -- who had the baby while she was playing games?

HOUCK: He was just running loose in the house.

GRACE: OK.

HOUCK: If a light`s still on in the living room, he is not going to go to bed until all the lights are out. So if there`s still activity going on in the home, he is going to stay it up with me.

GRACE: Now what time did you go to bed and was she still up playing games on her phone?

HOUCK: She was still up playing games on her phone. And it was really close to midnight.

GRACE: OK. And was the baby still awake?

HOUCK: Yes, ma`am.

I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions about the bf. This part of the dialog with NG jumped out at me, though, because I sense anger, or disdain, as though he wanted to sully the victim's character. Maybe it was for the parents' benefit, to say in so many words, "You think your daughter's so wonderful. This is how she cares for your grandchildren." IDK, but that line about the child "running loose in the house" was over the top.

A person who's so measured with words normally wouldn't blurt that out even if it were true, especially if he were sincerely worried about the woman he loved. He'd be protective of her, cover for her. Instead, we're left with a rather unattractive image of the missing mom. It falls in line with a familiar pattern.

One has to wonder if all this game playing while toddler runs loose around the house at midnight didn't send someone over the edge.

On the other hand, could be just my imagination.

JMO

From nancy grace show last night

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/08/ng.01.html

GRACE: Live to Bardstown, Kentucky, where a mom of five, Crystal Rogers, maroon Chevy found on the side of the road with a flat tire. She*

has not been spotted alive since.*

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re just trying to find her.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Crystal Rogers` car was found on the Bluegrass Parkway abandoned with a flat tire.*

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Crystal, if you can hear our voice, we love you. We want to know where you`re at.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her purse was in there, her cell phone was in there, her keys was in the ignition.*

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Joining me right now Scott Johnson from WVLK. Scott, she was at her home that evening, and she leaves at some point. We know she was*

talking on the phone, the cell phone, and she leaves, and her car is found at what time and what`s in the car?*

SCOTT JOHNSON, WVLK: In the car, we`re not sure exactly when it was found. She was last seen on Friday. The family reported her missing on*

Saturday. Or went to the police on Saturday, the 4th, to report her missing. The car was found with a flat tire and the keys were in the car.*

There was a cell phone, her purse, diaper bag in the car. There was gas in the car, police say. The only thing wrong was there was a flat tire.*

There were no other problems, but there was no Crystal.*

GRACE: Joining me now special guest, in addition to Scott Johnson, from WLVK. The father and mother of Crystal. Take a look at this maroon*

Chevy. Tommy and Sherry Ballard are with us. Thank you for being with us.*

TOMMY BALLARD, FATHER: You`re welcome.*

SHERRY BALLARD, MOTHER: You`re welcome.*

GRACE: First of all, our prayers are going up ever since we heard about her missing, and we are all hoping and praying for her return. I*

want to start with you, Ms. Ballard. When did you first learn she`s missing?*

S. BALLARD: Friday, her granddaughter contacted me and said she couldn`t get in touch with her. So I texted my daughter and just told her*

that her daughter was trying to get in touch with her and to call her. I think that was around 6:00 maybe. Around 9:30 maybe, Kylie texted me back*

and said she still hadn`t heard from her mother, so I started calling around to people that I think she would have talked to --*

GRACE: Was that abnormal? Was that unusual, Ms. Ballard, for her not to have texted back?*

S. BALLARD: Right at that moment, I didn`t pay real big attention. A little bit, not a lot, because the kids were -- her oldest daughter that*

lived there with her was at her grandmother`s. The two, the younger two was at their dad`s, and she just had the baby there at home. It was July*

4th weekend. I thought maybe she had plans and maybe didn`t get to her phone. But then when I started calling everybody and nobody had heard from*

her, that was sort of unusual.*

[20:40:00]

GRACE: When you say you started contacting everybody and no one had heard from her, who did you contact?*

S. BALLARD: I called my mother, because she`s real close with her. I called my younger daughter. I called my sister-in-law, Barbara, and I*

don`t remember if I -- I think that`s all I called. I called Sabrina, my niece.*

GRACE: And Ms. Ballard, with me is Tommy and Sherry Ballard. This is Crystal`s mom and dad. When did it hit you she`s missing?*

S. BALLARD: It really hit me Sunday. My daughter texted me back or called me and asked me, she said, have you heard from Crystal yet? I said*

no, I said, you haven`t heard from her? She said no. And so I called my mom back and other people, and they hadn`t heard from her. And I told my*

husband, I said, that`s just not right.*

GRACE: How often do you normally talk to her?*

S. BALLARD: During the week, at least probably every other day, if not every day because the kids, like her older daughter lives with me, so*

we`re constantly in contact. Not as much on the weekends.*

GRACE: And that is so true, Ms. Ballard. Even adult women very often call their mom and dad every day. You know, you`ve got grandchildren*

involved. You`ve got them checking on you, you checking on her. And most people are in touch with their family quite often.*

Mr. Ballard, to you also, thank you for being with us, what are police telling you tonight?*

T. BALLARD: Nothing. I mean, I understand they`re doing all they can. They don`t want to jeopardize nothing, but we really haven`t found*

out nothing. We`ve been out searching ourself since Sunday, since me and my son found her car.*

GRACE: Where are you searching?*

T. BALLARD: Where her car was. And they said she was seen at her boyfriend`s farm. We`re searching out towards that area, just every lead*

we get.*

GRACE: You know, hold on, I`m hearing in my ear that the sheriff is joining us right now. Sheriff Ed Mattingly with the Nelson County*

Sheriff`s Office is with us. Sheriff Mattingly, thank you for being with us. I know the Ballards have just come in physically from out searching*

for their daughter, and I don`t know what I would do other than exactly what they`re doing, go out and start searching. Interesting, Sheriff*

Mattingly, her car had a flat. I`m curious what caused the flat or was the flat -- was it a fake? Did she really pick up a nail or did somebody slash*

the tire to make it look that way?*

MATTINGLY: First appearance, we will be sending the tire to the lab, but it appears the nail was worn, as if it had been wedged down into the*

tire and driven on. The tracks at the scene also indicate that the car came to the side of the road, driving on the rim.*

GRACE: I`ve done that before, and it certainly leaves a mark. Well, Sheriff, you`ve answered my question. That`s enough to convince me she*

really did have a flat. That is not a contrived scene. What`s interesting, Sheriff Mattingly, I think this is true, our sources are*

telling us her keys, her cell phone, her diaper bag and her purse was in the car?*

MATTINGLY: Her personal belongings were in the car, but that doesn`t mean she was the person driving the car. We`ve used the media to generate*

tips, but when you do that, it also creates confusion.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

[20:48:00]

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re still waiting on you. We love you. We`re looking for you.*

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They found her unlocked maroon Chevy Impala abandoned on the Bluegrass Parkway. Her tires were flat.*

(END VIDEO CLIP)
More at the link

This is worth review!!!!

Exactly Bessie!!! Wish I knew how to use this phone!!! I wanted to bold the section about where each kid was and her daughter trying to contact her and not getting a response on FRIDAY!! That is telling to me. There was no midnight on the phone IMO

I'm glad you brought forward that transcript because there was one more statement that I found somewhat remarkable, and I wasn't sure where I'd read it.

MATTINGLY: Her personal belongings were in the car, but that doesn`t mean she was the person driving the car.

That remark struck me as odd. Who else would've been driving? A woman's car breaks down late at night, she's abducted by a perp in his own vehicle, and the victim's car is abandoned. Sadly, it's not an all too uncommon occurrence. Why should this scenario be different? Tells me where LE is focused. And of course now we know for sure because of the search warrants. That wasn't the case when I first read it yesterday, though.

JMO

Exactly Bessie!!! Wish I knew how to use this phone!!! I wanted to bold the section about where each kid was and her daughter trying to contact her and not getting a response on FRIDAY!! That is telling to me. There was no midnight on the phone IMO
Good observation. The one poor girl started trying to reach her mom at 6 pm on Friday. At that time, according to BH, they were at home having dinner. Why wouldn't Crystal have answered?

Then by 9:30, still no response to the daughter or Crystal's mom. Mom checks with relatives. No Crystal. So it seems like no one in Crystal's family spoke with her since some time prior to 6 pm on Friday.

Now when do we hear from those relatives whom he claims to have visited with Crystal on Friday night?

Whoever did this, had to have tripped up somewhere and left something behind. I don't understand why the diaper bag was in the car but the child wasnt. I could understand an overnight bag or something like that if she were going to her cousins as suggested. I wonder if they're using diaper bag in a broad way. When my daughter was a baby, I carried a huge diaper bag around but as she got older and needed less as far as bottles and formula and baby stuff, I would switch out to a much smaller bag. I don't want to get caught up in the specifics of diaper bags though. I really hope they figure this out because there have been three other fairly viscous murders in the past two years that have gone unsolved in that particular county. I live about 20 minutes away and it's a small community. It's really, very unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Crystal and the bf got into a huge fight. She says something like "I'm taking the baby and leaving you" and he goes "you're not taking him anywhere"
Crystal grabs the diaper bag and loads it into the car. She comes back to get the baby or maybe she was holding the baby while she was loading the diaper bag in the car.

Maybe it's just as possible that she loaded everything in the car and left and he followed behind trying to get her to pull over...and she finally did.

Coming up to 7am in Bardstown. Hoping we get some kind of update soon...

There is a really good video on this site, made by a local reporter.

He goes through the timeline very thoroughly and offers detailed information as to how the case unfolded and where search efforts are headed. He pretty much walks you through the entire case up to this point.

To view , click on the video of the police car parked next to the metal gate, it is just under the picture of the search signs staked out along the road.

Good video---lots of information.

https://www.facebook.com/PLG13?fref=ts

As I said earlier, the baby is 2-1/2 yrs. old. A dad would very likely just toss a couple of diapers and a change of clothes in a grocery sack and call it good.
Exactly what my husband would do for our
2 1/2 year old [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ITA, my ex just chucks nappies in a grocery bag (our dd is 2.5 yo) and he's happy! He couldn't care less about a decent nappy bag. IMO it's a male thing and could explain why he didn't have it? Who knows.... JMO.

[20:33:42]<snip>

GRACE: I get it. So that night, you get back and what was she doing when you went to bed?

HOUCK: She was playing games on her phone.

GRACE: Really? OK. Where was the baby?

HOUCK: The baby was still up.

GRACE: OK. And who -- who had the baby while she was playing games?

HOUCK: He was just running loose in the house.

GRACE: OK.

HOUCK: If a light`s still on in the living room, he is not going to go to bed until all the lights are out. So if there`s still activity going on in the home, he is going to stay it up with me.

<snip>

BBM

Surely if Crystal was at home "playing on her phone" when he went to bed "me" should be "us"...?

I keep thinking about that distance between the farm house and the car. I wonder if there might be a friend or family member of either Crystal or the BF who lives near where the car was located. That would open up some other possibilities. One could have a fight at that location. One could leave a car and then walk a short distance and borrow anything from a car or truck to an RV, ATV, motorcycle, 10-speed bike, etc. I ask this thinking that I might already know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB