KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bare with me..

Cremation of farm animals on your property is legal in my area. Now most farmers here still bury. A few disposed at the landfill. You pay so much according to weight. Typically a cow or horse is around $20.

However, I know a horse farm that burns their deceased horses. The fire is huge, and takes several days. Needless to say, it stinks and since it's difficult to have a fire burning for days with someone tending to it, the fire burns out, New one started. Imagine how much wood, trash,etc that it takes to burn. Even then, large bones remain... Even though illegal, oil, tires, etc are often burned with the horses to get the fire hot enough to be effective...

Since when did woods burning produce black smoke?? Was the wood painted with old oil?? Strange... Plastic does burn with black smoke,horrible fumes....but would have to be a Heck of a lot of plastic.... strange indeed....
Slightly O/T but I remember I used to use a lighter to burn the long plastic anti theft thing that cassette tapes (yes this shows my age lol) came in because it was to hard to cut them without cracking the case. The dark smoke and smell were horrible! I can't imagine how bad a large amount would smell. I've never heard of people burning large amounts of plastic before on their property.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

"To those of you suggesting a cover up or conspiracy, consider this: if there were a cover up or conspiracy, you would not be aware of anything in this investigation. Think about what you are saying. It is illogical. Moreover, suggestions like that insult the tireless work of the NCSO and others working on the case. I will further state that the NCSO is following up on ALL tips, information, ideas, and theories that YOU have brought. Investigators have been working nonstop since the day of the report, and the dedication that they have shown is beyond what I can state here in this letter. Literally no stone is being left unturned, and I mean NO stone."

JMO of course, but the sheriff sure goes into great detail about it not being a cover up.

This reminds me of the post several pages back where someone posted the link to a U.K. Blog that analyzed the BF's statement to Nancy Grace. I found it fascinating. My hubby is former LE and always said that most honest people will answer succinctly. The ones with something to hide (or are outright lying) will add many words, many irrelevant details or useless information, thus separating themselves from the truth.

This reminds me of the post several pages back where someone posted the link to a U.K. Blog that analyzed the BF's statement to Nancy Grace. I found it fascinating. My hubby is former LE and always said that most honest people will answer succinctly. The ones with something to hide (or are outright lying) will add many words, many irrelevant details or useless information, thus separating themselves from the truth.
That was a great blog. I found myself researching more sites on Statement Analysis. Very interesting subject.

"To those of you suggesting a cover up or conspiracy, consider this: if there were a cover up or conspiracy, you would not be aware of anything in this investigation. Think about what you are saying. It is illogical. Moreover, suggestions like that insult the tireless work of the NCSO and others working on the case. I will further state that the NCSO is following up on ALL tips, information, ideas, and theories that YOU have brought. Investigators have been working nonstop since the day of the report, and the dedication that they have shown is beyond what I can state here in this letter. Literally no stone is being left unturned, and I mean NO stone."

JMO of course, but the sheriff sure goes into great detail about it not being a cover up.

That's actually a statement from the Chief of Police of Bardstown PD. I really like him. I do trust that if something happened and it was in his department, he would take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the burn pile, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to burn anything important. I don't know what prompted them to have one, they have to know that people are probably watching their every move. People burn their garbage and things that are too big to put in the trash all the time out here. They kind of pick and choose who to cite and it looks like they didn't get cited for it.

[video=twitter;622133604110442496]https://twitter.com/FallonGlick/status/622133604110442496[/video]

Hypothetically, there are plastic storage bins at every Walmart that are large enough to hold a petite body. Burning such an item (when emptied of its contents that may have been placed somewhere else) would create a lot of black smoke, and starting the fire for it would take a bit of kindling/lumber. What I am wondering is if a body is in a closed storage bin and placed, say, in the backseat of a car, or the bed of a pickup, would cadaver dogs pick up on that scent?

There was a case in Ancaster Ontario Canada with the victim being Tim Bosma and the accused was DM along with another co-accused. TB was killed then burned in an incinerator and LE was able to identify the remains.

It took a while but what I remember was it was a married military man living either on or off base with his family. He had a military woman girlfriend and he killed her and burned her in his backyard fire pit.

First time I ever heard of that and I was shocked. I finally found it.

Google is your friend!

Jurors deliberated for about three hours before finding Cesar Laurean guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. Superior Court Judge Osmond Smith sentenced him to life in prison without parole.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8174158/#EkXCVjwz1Bor0mA0.99

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8174158/

If they were burning evidence, I don't think it was a body. Bones and teeth don't burn that well, especially in an open fire. I think they would know that. I wouldn't put it past them to burn other evidence though. I'm thinking more along the lines of clothing they were wearing, bed linens, papers that could be incriminating, anything used to transport her body, etc. They would burn up quick enough to not be recognizable in minutes and any evidence would be destroyed.

All just speculation on my part, of course.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29579254/...lp-search-for-crystal-rogers-in-nelson-county

Johnson says they're looking everywhere including down private wells, on dead end roads*and in fields and ravines.

They'll be out again Sunday.

When I read what you wrote I immediately thought of Crystal's sister crying and breaking down in her mother's arms in the last video I saw at the search area.

God bless them all. Honestly I don't think they will find her. How many of our missing are found by searchers? But they have to try. They just have to.

She is either lost forever or somebody walking along months from now will discover her remains.

Think Dylan Redwine, Hailey Dunn. RIP

39bbc51b717f093e7b558873567811f6.jpg

I was on the BG today and wanted to give you all on an idea of how dark it is at night. I took the picture right past the spot her car was found in (there's a big information poster marking it). I was going east and her car was going west so there's a large grass median separating it. On top of that, it's kind of on a hilly part so it's kind of a blind spot. I also took a vid earlier today showing the drive between the exit before and after her car so you could see the landscape. There are a couple lit areas but they're close to the Lyons station exit a few miles west of her car. It's mostly dark the whole way. I'll upload the video when I get home though.

I was on the BG today and wanted to give you all on an idea of how dark it is at night. I took the picture right past the spot her car was found in (there's a big information poster marking it). I was going east and her car was going west so there's a large grass median separating it. On top of that, it's kind of on a hilly part so it's kind of a blind spot. I also took a vid earlier today showing the drive between the exit before and after her car so you could see the landscape. There are a couple lit areas but they're close to the Lyons station exit a few miles west of her car. It's mostly dark the whole way. I'll upload the video when I get home though.

Wow that is dark!

Wow that is dark!

It really is dark. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if nobody saw anything that night. Especially if it was really late.

It really is dark. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if nobody saw anything that night. Especially if it was really late.

It makes total sense!

I think you're right. Thanks for that visual.

Definitely dark but as you can see, headlights would provide more than enough light for the shoulder areas to notice 1 or 2 vehicles, truck or car, vehicle light or dark, person on side of road etc., but yes it would be hard to give details like what person was wearing or partial plate or did vehicle have a flat. So if someone driving by wasn't chatting it up with a passenger, super tired, drunk or from out of town...they would notice for example, a person walking, a truck or LE vehicle and another car and would have shared this by now. I can tell you I witnessed 3 separate vehicles pulled over one day within 60 miles during the daytime and sure I could have maybe told you 8 hours later the colour of those cars but a week later, not a chance but yes I can tell between what exits the cars were pulled over. DNA is gonna be the key to this case as opposed to a witness I think.

Hypothetically, there are plastic storage bins at every Walmart that are large enough to hold a petite body. Burning such an item (when emptied of its contents that may have been placed somewhere else) would create a lot of black smoke, and starting the fire for it would take a bit of kindling/lumber. What I am wondering is if a body is in a closed storage bin and placed, say, in the backseat of a car, or the bed of a pickup, would cadaver dogs pick up on that scent?

Absolutely they would. Cadavers can even hit on a body that is under water. They're pretty amazing.

The moon was full on July 2, so there would have been moonlight the weekend of July 3-5, depending on the time of moonrise and how cloudy it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member