KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, it's all pretty sketchy to me. They need to hire new personal from wayyyyyyy out of town with no connections to Bardstown.

And regarding Crystal, since the suspects brother was a police officer and would know exactly how to hide a body and cover up a crime, where police would/wouldn't look.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maybe for a certain case, such as Crystal's (as it involves at least one local cop). KSP or someone non-local would be better in her case.

But I think that in general, locals know the people and the area better. They live here and have family around here and have more of a stake in seeing that things stay calm.
You've just gotta find the good ones, which seems rather difficult for them to do lately.

I hope things are moving along with Crystal's parents trying to get custody of her son. Hoping that he is finally able to see his brothers and sisters. The fact that they had to go to court to just see their grandson just disgusts me.

I still wonder how much that little boy had seen the day mommy went missing :(

It's a little more complicated than that, and it's definitely unfortunate. I don't usually keep track of this thread since not much has happened. I'm local, so I just check it out whenever I hear something about her through gossip or anything in the local paper. So I miss a lot of the discussion.

Does anybody know if the KSP, Nelson Co Sheriff or Bardstown Police are in charge of Crystal's case/search?

Officer demoted in mayor’s restructuring resigns from Bardstown Police Dept.
Nelson County Gazette
4/29/2016

That last part is terrifying, seeing the caliber of some of the people they hire around here. Maybe I should apply for Chief. I'd get a new car with fancy lights on it.

Independent investigation called for Bardstown mayor
WHAS-11 (Louisville, KY)
4/26/2016

(with video of very PO'ed sheriff)
I think it's Nelson County in charge. IICR in the beginning BPD kept directing everything to NC. I thought FBI has gotten involved also. Just tried to look at some old news articles and they are all gone from sites.....

I think it's Nelson County in charge. IICR in the beginning BPD kept directing everything to NC. I thought FBI has gotten involved also. Just tried to look at some old news articles and they are all gone from sites.....

You're right, Nelson co is heading it. It happened outside of bardstown city limits. As far as I know, the fbi isn't involved and KSP has limited involvement as well. I vaguely remember them mentioning some kind of fbi testing but I can't remember if I read it or it was during one of the interrogations of the brothers.

It's a little more complicated than that, and it's definitely unfortunate. I don't usually keep track of this thread since not much has happened. I'm local, so I just check it out whenever I hear something about her through gossip or anything in the local paper. So I miss a lot of the discussion.

Does anybody know if the KSP, Nelson Co Sheriff or Bardstown Police are in charge of Crystal's case/search?

Officer demoted in mayor’s restructuring resigns from Bardstown Police Dept.
Nelson County Gazette
4/29/2016

That last part is terrifying, seeing the caliber of some of the people they hire around here. Maybe I should apply for Chief. I'd get a new car with fancy lights on it.

Independent investigation called for Bardstown mayor
WHAS-11 (Louisville, KY)
4/26/2016

(with video of very PO'ed sheriff)

I'm near Bloomfield :) you're my neighbor! Lol. They don't need to hire anyone with ties to Bardstown as the police of chief. I live in a smaller county and that's the problem here: it's the good boy system.

You're right, Nelson co is heading it. It happened outside of bardstown city limits. As far as I know, the fbi isn't involved and KSP has limited involvement as well. I vaguely remember them mentioning some kind of fbi testing but I can't remember if I read it or it was during one of the interrogations of the brothers.
Here's the article about the FBI. It's very vague, doesn't say much and don't see anything else since....

http://www.lex18.com/story/30556856/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-bardstown-mother

I'm near Bloomfield :) you're my neighbor! Lol. They don't need to hire anyone with ties to Bardstown as the police of chief. I live in a smaller county and that's the problem here: it's the good boy system.

If they're honest, I'd rather a local guy on the case. Someone like that would have more stake in the case since they probably know Crystal or some of her family members. But that "honest" part is the key. Some outsider would be fine, so long as they're honest and want this solved.

That apparently means that there should be no Bardstown PD involvement. I don't wanna get started on them or their current "interim" ruler...

BTW... I'm in Fairfield and work in Bfield.

I just can't figure out why everyone is so quiet...Someone has to know something. I hate to even say this, but I feel like the family is keeping a lot to themselves. They are probably doing so because LE is telling them they could ruin the case. However I have to question if they wouldn't be better off to share everything they know. Knowing the where about of BH, if they are seeing their grandchild, etc. Can keep interest in the case and make BH feel even more insecure.

Who does this? Why? I know the parents were in a battle with City Hall at one point, because someone wanted to force them to remove all signs. At this point I am starting to wonder if they will ever find her

http://www.wlky.com/news/bardstown-...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wlky

It sounds like a cover up to me. Hope they can retrieve the computer files. Who knows what the h**l is going on in Bardstown. Info on a lot of important cases may be lost forever.

You do realize that the Bardstown Police Department isn't investigating her disappearance, nor the other highly publicized murders in the area, right? The Nelson County Sheriff's office is doing the investigating. They are two different entities.

Not so much this case, but I still think we have a serial killer on the loose here.

http://m.kystandard.com/kystandard/db_321818/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=6vJvghLZ&full=true#display

"The grandmother of the suspect in Crystal Rogers’ disappearance is resisting prosecutors’ attempts to call her before a Nelson County grand jury to question her about a car that could be tied to the case."

Go to the link and read the whole story.
Prosecutors want Whitesides to testify about the details surrounding her white Buick, which prosecutors believe could have been used to cover up Rogers’ murder.

The Buick came to law enforcement’s attention after a private investigator hired by Rogers’ family learned from witnesses that on July 3, 2015, the night of Rogers’ disappearance, they had spotted a white Buick parked in “a peculiar location near a farm owned by Houck’s mother,” according to an order signed by Nelson Circuit Court Judge Charles Simms dated Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member