KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago I had a doctor's appointment in Bardstown. On the way there, I did not see any signs for missing Crystal Rogers on Route 31 until I finally saw one after I was almost downtown. It was a raggedy one too....Sigh.....So disheartening!

Ceremony To Be Held For Several Missing Kentuckians
10072987_G.jpg

Tomorrow evening the family and friends of at least eight different missing people will gather at Salem Elementary School in Russell Springs for a remembrance ceremony.

Sarah Copley says the families of missing Boyle County man Michael Gorley and missing Nelson County mother Crystal Rogers will be there too.

http://www.lex18.com/story/31440266/ceremony-to-be-held-for-several-missing-kentuckians

Bumping for Crystal.

Every day she is on my mind. Hoping and praying she's found soon and those responsible are brought to justice.

Bumping. Makes me so angry that people know what happened and get go just walk the streets like nothing happened. Where's Crystal?!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Unreal. More worried about the tourism than a woman who lived in your town.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
I know [emoji35] Some of her comments are pretty inexcusable and unnecessary.

http://www.whas11.com/mb/news/local/signs-for-missing-bardstown-woman-causing-controversy/131509170

More on the signs.

So is this Ann Rosalie Ballard related to Crystal's family or just a huge coincidence? I kept wondering why that last name is so familiar then realized it's Crystal's parent's name.

Ballard and Rogers are very (very, very very) common names around here. Not only are there large numbers of each, there's different "clans" of each that aren't kin to other people of that name.

The local police agencies have had a big BS drama party over the past week that is still going on. Crystal was somewhat involved with the police (Mr Houck) and the Bardstown and Nelson County police seem to have "imploded" (as it was called in one of the stories I read).

Depending upon how involved the Kentucky State Police (or other "higher-ups") are in Crystal's case, this could likely affect it.
The Bardstown Police and Nelson County Sheriff (either of whom could cover where things involving Crystal could have happened) are "fighting" and stuff. Actually, there's more drama involved with various members of the Btown police. But NC will no longer cooperate with them in some kind of task force. The Chief of Police resigned... This ain't good!

I will just link to what I put on the Netherland case's forum. I'm kind of upset about the whole thing personally and in terms of what can happen to other folks, so I doubt I'm very coherent...

KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 April 2014

Social media discussions led to rally Sunday to protest mayor’s actions
Nelson County Gazette (Bardstown, KY)
4/22/2016
Bardstown and Nelson County residents upset about Mayor John Royalty’s restructuring of the Bardstown Police Department and the decision of its chief to retire in its wake have organized a protest rally for 6 p.m. Sunday at the Nelson County Justice Center parking lot.
Royalty addressed the controversy and the planned protest in an interview Wednesday, April 20 with Central Kentucky TV Channel 6.
“I just as soon we’d handled this without individuals beating the drums and getting people together for a protest,” he said of the ongoing controversy.
Royalty was critical of social media users who are making their voices heard.
“I think its unfortunate that you’re doing it to Bardstown,” he said. “You can do it to me, but what everyone else is doing is hurting the City of Bardstown

I cannot believe he said what I underlined. Nobody's upset with Bardstown. They're upset with its mayor and his recent actions.

Ugh! Politics among the missing! There's no escape! SHEESH! I wish someone would get a soul and conscious and tell where Crystal is!!!!

Bumping for Crystal. Why hasn't BH been arrested??? Ugh

Does anybody else have questions about why murders are never solved in this town ?

The mayor, the city council, and the entire police force needs to be disbanded and reappointed. The entire leadership pool sounds both inept and corrupt, and the best way to fix that problem is to clean the slate and start over.

Yup, it's all pretty sketchy to me. They need to hire new personal from wayyyyyyy out of town with no connections to Bardstown.

And regarding Crystal, since the suspects brother was a police officer and would know exactly how to hide a body and cover up a crime, where police would/wouldn't look.

Yup, it's all pretty sketchy to me. They need to hire new personal from wayyyyyyy out of town with no connections to Bardstown.

And regarding Crystal, since the suspects brother was a police officer and would know exactly how to hide a body and cover up a crime, where police would/wouldn't look.

The chief of police wasn't from the area. Unfortunately, he decided to retire after the mayor pulled what he did. I'm kind of sad to see him go.

The chief of police wasn't from the area. Unfortunately, he decided to retire after the mayor pulled what he did. I'm kind of sad to see him go.

It's a little more complicated than that, and it's definitely unfortunate. I don't usually keep track of this thread since not much has happened. I'm local, so I just check it out whenever I hear something about her through gossip or anything in the local paper. So I miss a lot of the discussion.

Does anybody know if the KSP, Nelson Co Sheriff or Bardstown Police are in charge of Crystal's case/search?

Officer demoted in mayor’s restructuring resigns from Bardstown Police Dept.
Nelson County Gazette
4/29/2016
commandstaff.jpg
On Friday, Bardstown Police Officer Chris Brandon resigned his position. A total of four members of the Bardstown Police Department have departed in the wake of the department’s restructuring. From left, Brandon; Chief Rick McCubbin, who announced he will retired May 31; Ray Lewis; and Tom Roby, both of whom retired this month.
With a total of four officers leaving the force, the City of Bardstown is taking applications for certified officers and chief of police. Interested parties can visit the city’s website for information and an application, or contact Larry Green at (502) 331-7009.

That last part is terrifying, seeing the caliber of some of the people they hire around here. Maybe I should apply for Chief. I'd get a new car with fancy lights on it.

Independent investigation called for Bardstown mayor
WHAS-11 (Louisville, KY)
4/26/2016
“Some have to understand what is confidential and I can't share certain things they have to understand that,” Mayor John Royalty said.

WHAS11 News is learning more information about the mayor looking into the possibility of handing over 911 dispatch services to the state.

“I am completely frustrated with the lack of respect shown to dispatchers and a letter dated from February which was lied about,” Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly said.

The mayor says he sent that letter to the state not as a proposal but instead to gather more information about how it could benefit the people who live in Bardstown.

“We're saving over $100,000 or $150,000 in dispatching – better dispatching – and it is not a bid. It was just fact finding. That's all it is. It's not a bid,” Mayor Royalty said.
(with video of very PO'ed sheriff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member