KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.kystandard.com/kystandard/db_321818/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=6vJvghLZ&full=true#display

"The grandmother of the suspect in Crystal Rogers’ disappearance is resisting prosecutors’ attempts to call her before a Nelson County grand jury to question her about a car that could be tied to the case."

Go to the link and read the whole story.
Also (and how convenient)
officers tried to execute a warrant to seize the car, however, Whitesides told them she had recently sold the 16-year-old car to a dealership in Louisville.

Whitesides provided information to officers that allowed them to locate the car, which is now in their custody and is being searched for forensic evidence at a facility that was not identified.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are we going to see some progress on this case?!? I hope this is a good sign!
Me too. Too long without anything. Glad to know this case is still active.

I'm kind of at a loss for words... Read into this what you may.
The things going on in my local government seem more fit to a soap opera storyline than in the real world.
By that, I mean like when Marlena got posessed by the devil and all that stuff. Not the "normal" things you'd expect from a mere afternoon drama.

Bardstown mayor fires former assistant police chief over allegations of document shredding
FOX-41 (Louisville, KY 6/1/2016)
The mayor of Bardstown has fired the former assistant chief of the Bardstown Police Department after he was allegedly caught shredding documents belonging to the City of Bardstown, according to official documents.
Sometime from the week of April 18th to 22nd, until May 4th, Captain Thomas Roby was observed by the Police Department Administrative Assistant shredding, "piles and piles of documents" and throwing documents into a [trash] can to be shredded by the shredding service. Among those documents were Drug Taskforce case files, Internal Affairs files on former and active police officers, and other documents belonging to the City of Bardstown.

He was also observed by Officer Lynn Davis tearing up a disciplinary document relating to Officer Davis and saying, 'See, you thought I was trying to jam you up.' Officer Davis later recovered the pieces of the torn up file and turned them over to Captain McKenzie Mattingly.

Upon taking possession of a computer, the City IT department found that all of its user files, (the tom.roby user tree) had been deleted. The computer has been sent to the Attorney General's office to try to recover any files that remain on the computer.

If Houck was responsible for Crystal's disappearance/death, I doubt he would have explained to his grandmother why he needed to use her car. That is if this were indeed the car seen on the day of her disappearance. Were she still alive, I wouldn't tell my grandma that I needed her car to dispose of my ex with.

There are three "hot" cold cases around here that the shredding could have involved.
Ofc Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and the Netherlands.
I'd also be willing to bet that he was honestly just cleaning out his desk (as he said) since the mayor screwed things up. He led the current Chief of Police to retire early and hired a murderer in his place.
He (McM... the interim chief) got acquitted after shooting/killing the young black guy when he worked in Louisville, but anybody that knows him knows that he isn't quite a decent and honest upholder of the law.

The things going on in my local government seem more fit to a soap opera storyline than in the real world.
By that, I mean like when Marlena got posessed by the devil and all that stuff. Not the "normal" things you'd expect from a mere afternoon drama.

Bardstown mayor fires former assistant police chief over allegations of document shredding

If Houck was responsible for Crystal's disappearance/death, I doubt he would have explained to his grandmother why he needed to use her car. That is if this were indeed the car seen on the day of her disappearance. Were she still alive, I wouldn't tell my grandma that I needed her car to dispose of my ex with.

There are three "hot" cold cases around her that the shredding could have involved. Ofc Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and the Netherlands. I'd also be willing to bet that he was honestly just cleaning out his desk (as he said) since the mayor screwed things up. He led the current Chief of Police to retire early and hired a murderer in his place.
He (McM... the interim chief) got acquitted after shooting/killing the young black guy when he worked in Louisville, but anybody that knows him knows that he isn't quite a decent and honest upholder of the law.

Friend, have you researched the Lexington Mafia? That reading put chills on me, so much so that I quit reading.

Friend, have you researched the Lexington Mafia? That reading put chills on me, so much so that I quit reading.

I've read some about that kind of thing, but I think this is strictly local. For all I personally know of Crystal, she seemed like a decent girl. From all I've heard about Houck, he's at least "shady," but I'm not dead certain he was involved in her disappearance. But it's more than likely so.

Ofc Jason Ellis likely found out about the shady dealings of some of his coworkers and they were scared and decided to "silence" him. That could involve the drug trade or even worse.

Of the three mysteries in my county, I think Ellis/Rogers cases definitely involve the police. The Netherlands... I'm not so sure. But unlikely.

There are three "hot" cold cases around here that the shredding could have involved.
Ofc Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and the Netherlands.
I'd also be willing to bet that he was honestly just cleaning out his desk (as he said) since the mayor screwed things up. He led the current Chief of Police to retire early and hired a murderer in his place.

Wow, just wow!

I hope they are not just trying to knock him out of his retirement....

I hope they are not just trying to knock him out of his retirement....

With who is now in charge, I wouldn't doubt any foolishness. I've despised the new chief since long before he got in the trouble for shooting that guy in Louisville. I thought that him being charged would mean one less crooked cop in Nelson County. No... Now he's the Chief of Police! And the person that appointed him to that position is a pompous anal opening.

I'm only about ¼--mile from Spencer County. If things in Bardstown get any more screwed up, Fairfield should secede.

“From the Court’s vantage, it appears the Commonwealth may very well believe all of the following: (1) that Whitesides’ motor vehicle was used to dispose of a body, (2) that her motor vehicle was subsequently cleaned, and (3) that her motor vehicle was sold in an attempt to prevent the Commonwealth from obtaining any evidence from it,” Simms wrote.

From the link.

Prime suspect's grandmother in Crystal Rogers' disappearance refuses to testify
http://www.wdrb.com/story/32119023/...ystal-rogers-disappearance-refuses-to-testify
-*New evidence belonging to the prime suspect's grandmother may be the key to solving the case of Crystal Rogers' disappearance.*

But she’s refusing to talk. Her*lawyer says it's to protect her innocence, but Rogers’ family sees it as a sign of guilt.

“How many were there, and what did they do to her, and did they catch her off guard, and did she know it was coming?” Sherry Ballard asked.

According to court documents, a private investigator found that a white Buick was parked in a peculiar location at the Houck family farm the night Rogers disappeared.

Also (and how convenient)
officers tried to execute a warrant to seize the car, however, Whitesides told them she had recently sold the 16-year-old car to a dealership in Louisville.

Whitesides provided information to officers that allowed them to locate the car, which is now in their custody and is being searched for forensic evidence at a facility that was not identified.

If the vehicle was "cleaned" will police still be able to find evidence?

Houck has not been charged but, Danny Singleton, the man police believe helped Houck will be in court on Thursday. Crystal's family will also be in the audience.

Hopefully he is questioned about the Buick and starts to talk.

Ofc Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and the Netherlands. ....

Please advise what you believe could have been being shredded that would have involved the Rogers and/or the Netherland cases. The Bardstown police department involved isn't even investigating any of those three cases.
It makes for sensationalism and conspiracy-theorists delight in it - but it doesn't have an obvious answer or connection.

Also, your post seems to suggest two different things:
a) that the shredding had to do with some kind of coverup in the Ellis, Rogers and/or Netherland cases or
b) that the shredding was just part of an honest desk clean out.....

If the vehicle was "cleaned" will police still be able to find evidence?

The answer to that is that it depends...on how well it was cleaned...but it definitely could hamper the recovery of evidence.
And that is evidence that was already aging...

The answer to that is that it depends...on how well it was cleaned...but it definitely could hamper the recovery of evidence.
And that is evidence that was already aging...

But at least it is SOMETHING. I thought the case had gone cold, and I'm happy to see they are still working on it.

There might be something still to be found in that car - blood splatter, strand of hair, something. (Though with the LE connections, they probably know how to scrub evidence....sigh.)

JMOpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member