KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2017/05/10/ex-troopers-hired-investigate-murder-cop-other-bardstown-mystery-cases/316393001/

"Two retired Kentucky state troopers have been hired to investigate the ambush and murder of Bardstown police officer Jason Ellis as well as four other cases from the area that involved either murder, a suspicious death or a presumed death."

"Webb said police haven't ruled out the possibility that the cases might be connected."

Hope those two troopers have eyes in the back of their heads and bulletproof vests.

I've kept up with some of this ever since I stayed at a bed-and-breakfast to tour the distilleries in 2015. All the hoopla over S Town podcast in Alabama are nothing compared to what's going on there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Murder Victim's Cause Of Death Discovered.

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) - The man accused of murdering a Northern Kentucky couple in 2016, then dumping their bodies miles away, is scheduled to appear in the Washington County Courtroom at 1 p.m. Wednesday.

For the relatives of Crystal Warner and Bobby Jones, it's the first time they will see Pennington since Warner was buried over the weekend.

Officials now have confirmed she died from a gunshot wound to the stomach.

http://www.lex18.com/story/35451297/murder-victims-cause-of-death-discovered

I can't imagine what they would wrap in paper. They would use more care with a body. Perhaps it was some sort of a container like a water heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several reasons may account for reloading fired cases. For amateur, casual or weekend shooters, reloading may not be an economic factor but rather a personal hobby because it takes longer time and more labor to reload. On the other hand, professional shooters choose to reload for a modified performance, such as increasing the velocity by adding more powder for a deeper penetration. Some target shooters might want to increase accuracy by using a special type of gunpowder for best “shot-to-shot consistency.” Of course, the last category of reloaders or users is those who want to reload so that original extractor and ejector marks become more difficult to trace and compare. In reality, several real cases have indicated that criminals today have already begun such attempts in using reloaded pistol cartridge cases to divert police in their criminal investigation.

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...n-2157-7145-1000344.php?aid=81418&view=mobile

For me, the above is an indication that they have shell casings from a crime scene and hope to match them to markings made by the reloader.

As I was reading the article, I became very excited about a few things. One thing that really got me excited was learning that a shell casing that has been reloaded could have markings caused by more than one weapon. So, for example, if someone used an unregistered weapon to shoot someone by used a reloaded bullet that had been previously fired from a known registered gun, that could link the person who owned the registered gun to the unregistered gun.

Also, I am surprised to learn just how much work goes into reloading a bullet. It's a process that requires a lot of tooling, and that tooling may produce some evidence that could link the bullet casing to the reloading apparatus.

Usually, bullets that are reloaded are limited to 40, 44 and 9 mm. Does anyone know if any of those weapons were used in any of the unsolved murders?

By the way, it doesn't take much to figure out that police officers and people who know them are the most likely to be aware of the advantages of using reloaded bullets during the commission of a shooting.

I'm glad LE is still searching for answers. I wonder if this search relates to Crystal's fathers death?

I'm glad LE is still searching for answers. I wonder if this search relates to Crystal's fathers death?

You're not alone! At least three of the four cases being investigated by the state police involved bullets.

The teacher was killed by a bullet. The police officer on the ramp was killed by buckshot. And her dad was killed by some type of bullet.

I have learned a lot about guns in the past 24 hours. It's surprising how few of the cases I have followed over the years featured guns.

My quick look online shows that you can kill someone with a 9 mm from 100 yards or more. But buckshot only works well at about 50-60 yards. Apparently, you can reload buckshot, too. But I think it's less common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member