KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but no other way to share especially with locals. There is another woman who went missing from Bardstown Kentucky last Wednesday. Leah Nora McRay worked at Colton’s steakhouse and she looks similar to CR. Today is Leah’s 42 birthday! She attended a meeting that day and her sister in law says it’s as if she vanished into thin air. Her father reported her missing although it’s unclear whether that was to Bardstown Police or Nelson County. Nelson County did post on Facebook seeking information but also stated that it was not reported to them. Unfortunately her father didn’t feel like they were much help.
Maybe I can get a mod to share this post on the other related Bardstown threads since at this point we have so little to go on.
She does not own a car but had a prepaid cell phone from Walmart that goes directly to voicemail until recent days where it rings a few times only to go to voicemail afterward.
I’m hoping Leah can have a thread devoted to her once we have more information forthcoming!

KY - KY - Leah McRay, 42, Bardstown, 19 June 2019

I started a thread. When I was searching for updates, lo and behold, up popped an article from 2016 regarding Crystal. I assume it's coincidence Leah was quoted regarding yard signs, but chilling nonetheless.

Every year around this time, Rogers’ family holds a prayer service.

Rogers’ mother says that even years later, her daughter’s disappearance is hard to cope with.

“When you have to go through pictures and all that again, it kind of gets to you a bit,” said Sherry Ballard. “But it’s very important that we do this. I don’t want anybody to forget that we haven’t found Crystal.”

The prayer vigil will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday at St. Thomas Church in Bardstown.

Prayer vigil set for missing Nelson County woman Crystal Rogers

Every year around this time, Rogers’ family holds a prayer service.

Rogers’ mother says that even years later, her daughter’s disappearance is hard to cope with.

“When you have to go through pictures and all that again, it kind of gets to you a bit,” said Sherry Ballard. “But it’s very important that we do this. I don’t want anybody to forget that we haven’t found Crystal.”

The prayer vigil will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday at St. Thomas Church in Bardstown.

Prayer vigil set for missing Nelson County woman Crystal Rogers
Sherry has my utmost admiration and respect. She has been through so much in these past four years.

A day after the four-year anniversary of Crystal Rogers' disappearance, mysterious signs appeared all over Nelson County.

...SBM

The people behind the signs say they don't want to be identified but claim they have put up 75 of them around the county. Pictures of the signs have been shared hundreds of times on social media.

Mysterious signs appear in Nelson County 4 years after Crystal Rogers' disappearance
Wow! I applaud this group. I’m thinking of Crystal every time another woman goes missing and every time another woman’s remains are found. I continue to hope for justice in this case someday.

Let me guess: Large sum of insurance payout expected??? It sounds right in line with stealing shingles...
JMO, MOO, etc.
Either that or whoever was building that shack (looks tiny to me in the accompanying photo) jerry-rigged the electrical which caused a fire. Your thought is more in line with what we know about him though.

I was wondering when they were going to assign a new detective since Snow retired a couple months ago. When the new sheriff was elected, he made a comment about bringing in a couple extra investigators to look into the cases but I haven’t heard anything more. He mentioned bringing them on contractually but I wonder if it ever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver