KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen these for about 2 weeks now but I’m always driving when I pass them. I was finally able to get pictures today. This is on 65N right where 264 merges with it near Churchill Downs and the state’s fair grounds in Louisville, KY.

Attachments

• EB7DEBD2-80CF-4C36-B7B1-681826616183.jpeg
    EB7DEBD2-80CF-4C36-B7B1-681826616183.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 76
  • C180D8F4-7633-429E-87C6-2332BFF673AC.jpeg
    C180D8F4-7633-429E-87C6-2332BFF673AC.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DC5650E3-4828-4100-820E-4449F5E67C19.jpeg
    DC5650E3-4828-4100-820E-4449F5E67C19.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 70
I just noticed the signs above are kind of difficult to read. The first one you pass is an all black billboard with the names in white text:
JASON ELLIS
KATHY NETHERLAND
SAMANTHA NETHERLAND
CRYSTAL ROGERS
TOMMY BALLARD

The second one says:
HELP US
SOLVE THEIR CASES

The third and final one says:
BARDSTOWN
(and then information on a Podcast available now that I can't quite read properly)

I passed through Kentucky last week and noticed the billboards mentioned above by @Hraefn and in this article below along the interstate. Definitely caught my eye - took me a minute to realize what it was, but hopefully it piques other people's curiosity.

'Bardstown' podcast billboards expected to reach millions

Thanks for sharing, @Cagle. I pray this case is solved soon. Crystal's Mom has been through more than any one person should ever have to go through. My heart breaks for her. Her daughter is murdered. Her husband is murdered. Then she's no longer allowed to see her grandchild at all! Despicable treatment of a crime victim!

'She vanished from Earth': Investigating Crystal Rogers's disappearance
While her boyfriend Brooks Houck was named a main suspect, he has never been charged in connection to Rogers's disappearance.

Author: Shay McAlister, Taylor Weiter
Published: 8:10 PM EST November 20, 2019
Updated: 11:29 PM EST November 20, 2019

BARDSTOWN, Ky. — More than four years after her disappearance, it is hard to find a person in Bardstown—or nationwide for that matter—that has not heard Crystal Rogers’s story.

The mother of five did not come home during Fourth of July weekend in 2015. At first, everyone assumed her phone died or she would return later. Those hours that she was gone quickly turned into days, days turned into weeks and weeks turned into years.

Though still considered a missing persons case, police are working under the assumption Rogers is dead—searching for a body or any answers that might bring closure to a family fractured by tragedy.

Parents’ Pride

Crystal Rogers was her parents’ pride and joy. To this day, her mother Sherry Ballard speaks about her the way any proud mom would their child.

“Just a really sweet girl,” Ballard said. “She would do anything for anybody. She looked at everybody the same…I couldn’t ask for a better daughter than her.”

Rogers was her parents’ first born, and Ballard said they were very picky about who they thought should be around their daughter.

“We wanted what was best for our daughter,” Ballard said. “And all the other relationships we didn't think were best for our daughter, so when she met Brooks, I think she saw the opportunity.”

Rogers had four children before she met boyfriend Brooks Houck, a man Ballard said was a polite, “Yes ma’am and “No sir” type of person.

“He's clean cut, you know he has his own business. He builds homes,” Ballard said. “I think she felt that as an opportunity that him and her dad would get along really good and she was bettering herself.”

Rogers and Houck moved in together and had a son, Eli. The two were together with their toddler the last night Rogers was known to be alive.

Read more: 'She vanished from Earth': Investigating Crystal Rogers's disappearance

Buckshot only means a specific size pellet. I think you are calling all shot shells buckshot. They are not. Buckshot is a very large pellet, smaller sizes are just called ‘shot’.

Occasionally the shells with smaller pellet are referenced by the intended target. For example, snake shot. But I agree, most just refer to it as shot.

On April 25, 2019, a jury found Houck not guilty on charges that he stole roofing shingles from a Nelson County Lowe's store. No charges have been filed in connection with Crystral’s disappearance, but officials have said they believe Crystal is dead.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

This is a must read for anyone interested in the 5 unsolved murders in Bardstown; Jason Ellis, Kathy Netherland, Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard. Get a drink and settle in as it is a long read but very interesting and contains a lot a good pictures and court records.

CHAPTER ONE
The Most Beautiful Small Town in America
Bardstown is like a lot of small, tight-knit communities all across the country. It’s beautiful and bucolic. It is about family. It’s home.

This is a southern story.

It is also a tale of a community crippled by fear and violence and one with buried secrets - where towns folk sometimes whisper about who might be to blame.

Who’s responsible for killing a cop, a mother and daughter, a young mother and then her father? Could the cases be connected? Should the residents in the most beautiful small town be afraid? And if so, of what?

What’s going on in Bardstown?

Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com

@mom2chloe interesting. Do you know exactly where the body was found?
In a field by two hunters just north of Bardstown. Positively identified but undisclosed until family is notified. Prayers!
Just rechecked and identified as Teresa Ball who’s car was in a crash on Christmas Day although she was not involved. What is going on in Bardstown?
@beach Can you remove my post since body has now been identified and it is not Crystal Rogers? Thanks and apologies. Wishful thinking on my part....

I apologize if this has already been linked or posted but I hadn’t seen it. I had no idea. It’s so sad and often I wonder why it seems that tragedy follows around certain families. It’s like a terrible curse. My heart goes out to everyone involved and I hope they find some closure and this tragic cycle ends for them soon.

Crystal Rogers not first woman in her family to go missing

Forty years ago, Tommy Ballard's pregnant sister, Sherry Ballard Barnes, was murdered by her husband and his friend.

"It's always with us, from the minute we get up, to the minute we go to bed," Sherry Ballard said.

For Sherry Ballard, the holidays have never been the same since her daughter, Crystal Rogers, went missing in 2015 and then her husband, Tommy Ballard, was shot to death while hunting in 2016. While Crystal's boyfriend at the time, Brooks Houck, has been named a suspect in her disappearance, investigators have yet to make an arrest. Tommy Ballard was getting ready to hunt with his grandson when he was shot and killed; state police have classified it as a death investigation.

"I'm just praying this is going to be my year. I feel good about things and I feel like things are moving. I just have to be patient. It's not an easy thing to do."

And hopefully 2020 will be her family's year, with the help of another TV show, focused on the unsolved cases of Tommy and Crystal, called 'Still A Mystery.' Sherry says this show will be similar to the Oxygen series that aired last August.
Another TV show spotlights Crystal Rogers disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member