KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy this is finally being taken serious, Sherry and her kids need to know
what happened to Crystal and Tommy and Jason Ellis wife needs the same and they need to get justice for the person/people that caused it.

From Sherry Ballard - Crystal's mother
"Needless to say it’s been a very long weekend. I just wanna take the time to say Thank you to all LE that has helped with my daughter and husbands case. Especially a huge thank you to the FBI who has finally taken the lead investigation. I have begged and pleaded for years for this to happen. The fact that they have responded is still surreal to me. I promised Tommy and Crystal that no matter how hard or what i had to do I would keep fighting for justice until their voice was heard. Crystal was such a beautiful person inside and out. She loved her children dearly and would have done anything for them. Tommy was one of a kind and his heart was bigger than any man I’ve ever met. He was so respected and loved by many. The dedication he showed to our family and our daughter was proof of his character. I will never fully recover from the loss i have endured but, somehow i will continue to move forward and make them proud. Thank you to this community for all of your support. I would not be this far without it. I just ask that everyone please remember the kind of person Tommy and Crystal was and please keep your prayers going strong. God is listening and without him, none of this would be possible. If we open the door and invite him in he will be there so please keep praying and God bless us with justice and the strength to move forward.
1f495.png
1f49a.png
1f64f_1f3fc.png
1f64f_1f3fc.png
AMEN"
Note: Tricia gave me permission to post this so its ok

Crystal Rogers' mother speaks for the first time since FBI takes over investigation
Ballard said the last five years without answers have been tough. The loss of her husband, Tommy Ballard, only added to it after he was shot by an unknown person while hunting in 2016. It's a case that has also remained unsolved.

yessss I WISH they had looked more into her years ago...and maybe they did. I have no idea for sure. There are so many other connections she has to this other than living off lookout ct

yessss I WISH they had looked more into her years ago...and maybe they did. I have no idea for sure. There are so many other connections she has to this other than living off lookout ct

Do you know the name of Brooks and Nick Houck’s sister? Interesting that they went door to door in her old neighborhood. Wonder if she might have kept Brooks and Crystal’s son around time in question, had a car around that time that matched thanks the description of a vehicle of interest, or if she might have other connections - to be clear, just brainstorming/speculating.....The sister may have absolutely nothing to do with this. This is the first mention of her that I can recall.

I have noticed two different articles - one said her car was found 2 days after she was reported missing & another said her car was found later that day (day reported missing).
Just want to get my notes straight! Anyone know which one it is? TIA!

I have noticed two different articles - one said her car was found 2 days after she was reported missing & another said her car was found later that day (day reported missing).
Just want to get my notes straight! Anyone know which one it is? TIA!

it was found the day she was reported missing. Some family members drove past it and told her parents about it and then her dad and brother drove out to where it was and checked it out.

FBI takes lead in search for Crystal Rogers, Kentucky mom of 5 missing since 2015

Is the FBI also looking into the shooting of her father Tommy Ballard? If I am reading this article correctly the FBI is saying his death is connected to Crystals. If that is true I hope they are also working his case along with hers to get justice for this family. They have been through so much I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now so many mixed emotions I am sure.

FBI takes lead in search for Crystal Rogers, Kentucky mom of 5 missing since 2015

Is the FBI also looking into the shooting of her father Tommy Ballard? If I am reading this article correctly the FBI is saying his death is connected to Crystals. If that is true I hope they are also working his case along with hers to get justice for this family. They have been through so much I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now so many mixed emotions I am sure.

technically, KSP is still lead on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re working closer with KSP on it. Sherry mentions in the vid she did yesterday with Shay McAlister that she’s always focused more on Crystal’s case bc she thinks that being solved will also solve Tommy’s...which I think is 100% true

FBI actions indicate fresh developments, planning | KYStandard.com
Several factors prior to last Thursday’s raid by federal agents indicate that the human remains discovered 14 days prior did not play a significant role in the timing or decision of the FBI to take the lead in the five-year-old Crystal Rogers investigation.
So this investigation may take a whole lot longer and involved more people than we originally thought. I was wondering why IRS would be involved in a disappearance investigation but now it makes more sense. Just hope they can find out what happened to Crystal and her father. This family has been through so much I can't even imagine what they have had to endure over the years and now having so much happening at one time.

FBI actions indicate fresh developments, planning | KYStandard.com
Several factors prior to last Thursday’s raid by federal agents indicate that the human remains discovered 14 days prior did not play a significant role in the timing or decision of the FBI to take the lead in the five-year-old Crystal Rogers investigation.

I think this paragraph says a lot.

“Despite Hollywood’s fictitious portrayals of the FBI, it is rare for the FBI to actually ‘take over’ and become the lead investigative agency in a traditional local investigation,” he said. “It would be even more rare for the FBI to assume the lead in a five-year-old missing person case in a small rural town without the FBI suspecting a significant federal crime has taken place.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper