Found Deceased KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen Co., 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Pled Not Guilty, rec'd Life Sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had not seen that. It makes me wonder did they take samples from the son or anyone else at that time. I am hoping its just a bogus statement, because that would mean that poor girls killer is still free.

That article was written by that British guy who think Edward Edwards committed just about every murder in the midwest for the last 50 years. I'm pretty sure that post about the DNA not matching was something that showed up on topix.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did anyone see this article that claims that the preliminary testing on DNA collected was not a match to Timothy Madden. Both sides are requesting that all DNA be retested, which was expected around January 2017.

I couldn't find if anything else was said of it?

https://wronglyconvictedgroup.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/timothy-madden/

I'm leery about that article. The author says:

According to reports, there is DNA evidence linking Timothy to the crime, however no details are available, and an anonymous report suggests the DNA may not in fact have matched, and KSP was under “undue pressure to find a suspect” and “may have rushed to judgement”:

My bolding. The claim is that Madden may be innocent because there are "no details available" and cites an anonymous report to support the claim. So that implies this is simply a member of the public speculating, just like we do here at WS. It goes on to say that Madden's an "unlikely suspect" because he's married, has five children and had been caring for his ill wife. We've all seen cases where a seemingly upstanding person is fully capable of committing a heinous crime so I can't give much credence to someone basically arguing from his own personal incredulity.

He goes on to quote Madden's defense attorney who said “Mr. Madden has not changed anything he has said”.

That's all this person is basing their belief on that Timothy Madden is innocent and is being falsely accused. IMO we need to wait and see what evidence LE has against Madden; there's no point in trying to second guess the evidence like this person is doing without knowing all the data. If there are holes in the prosecution's claims they will come out during the trial.

Furthermore, the group defines itself as:

"This is the website of the Wrongly Convicted Group, a grass-roots group of advocates working to obtain justice for innocent people on death row or serving long prison sentences due to Wrongful Convictions."

I couldn't find any link to who belongs to this group, i.e. professional people such as lawyers or LE. Compare that to the Innocence Project. I'm open to listening to anyone who has better information about the people running the site but until then I am not convinced that this is anything more than a group of people who follow cases of wrongful conviction but are not involved in the process of presenting evidence.

All this is JMO - I tend to be a bit skeptical when I see statements that aren't backed up with evidence.

There is very little information publicly available because this was a brutal murder of a young child. I'm sure KSP is hoping for a plea bargain eventually so these details never have to be made public.

Did anyone see this article that claims that the preliminary testing on DNA collected was not a match to Timothy Madden. Both sides are requesting that all DNA be retested, which was expected around January 2017.

I couldn't find if anything else was said of it?

https://wronglyconvictedgroup.wordpress.com/2016/12/10/timothy-madden/

The state was seeking the death penalty on TM. I would highly doubt they would do that if his DNA wasn't a match. Here is an old article: http://www.wbko.com/content/news/DE...REACHED-IN-TIMOTHY-MADDEN-CASE-371802942.html

This case has dragged on and I would hope that he would plead guilty to avoid a horrible trial that her family would have to live through, but that has yet to happen.

The state was seeking the death penalty on TM. I would highly doubt they would do that if his DNA wasn't a match. Here is an old article: http://www.wbko.com/content/news/DE...REACHED-IN-TIMOTHY-MADDEN-CASE-371802942.html

This case has dragged on and I would hope that he would plead guilty to avoid a horrible trial that her family would have to live through, but that has yet to happen.

Yes, I don't know why LE would lie - in official court documents - that there is a DNA match to Madden if there isn't since that would land them in a big kettle of hot water and open them up to a huge lawsuit:

Court documents provide more details about what led to Madden's arrest. A police report says investigators went to Madden's house Nov. 15, a day after Gabbi was reported missing in a wooded area near Allen County High School. The report says Madden consented to a buccal swab and allowed state police to collect "his clothing that he was wearing the previous evening while at the football game."

The report says biological evidence was taken from Doolin during her autopsy, and the KSP Laboratory confirmed that the DNA from Madden was a positive match to the DNA recovered from Doolin's body. The autopsy revealed that Gabbi was raped and the cause of death was "manual strangulation and drowning," according to the police report.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...unty-child-set-to-face-a-judge-352994411.html

And this:

According to an arrest warrant, Gabbi was raped, manually strangled, and drowned.

“Biological evidence,” or DNA, found on her body is what led police to Madden, the warrant states.

http://wkrn.com/2015/11/20/arrest-made-in-7-year-old-ky-girls-murder/

Of course LE might be lying but it seems unlikely they would be given that the ME could refute that evidence.

MOO.

Thanks for your response!
Is it normal that this has dragged on so long without a plea agreement. I would have thought that since they had DNA connecting him, that he would have taken a plea long ago? The request for special circumstances/death penalty was filed in March of 2016. That was a year ago. I would have thought the trial would have started by now...

Oh, I just saw this in msm:

A Thursday morning announcement at Allen County-Scottsville High School was dedicated to continuing the legacy of late 7-year-old Gabbi Doolin, by scholarship.

"The Gabbi Doolin Memorial Scholarship Fund says this honor is hereby established by family and friends in loving memory of Gabbi Doolin," College Heights Foundation President, Dr. Donald Smith stated.
"A scholarship fund like this is going to help other kids further their education and be able to do what they want to do with their lives, because Gabbi's not here to do whatever she would have wanted to do," Amy Doolin said.

"When you're in a position to help, you make a choice, and we made a choice to help, and we wanted to help. This is just one small way to keep her memory alive forever," Leachman Buick GMC Cadillac General Manager, David Jaggers stated.

College Heights Foundation President Dr. Donald Smith says WKU is proud to be part of her continuing memory.

"Buildings will come and go, people will come and go, but these scholarship funds are going to last forever to tell her special story.

We are honored to administer this fund on her behalf," Dr. Smith said.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Me...ablished-to-honor-Gabbi-Doolin-416990043.html

Thanks for your response!
Is it normal that this has dragged on so long without a plea agreement. I would have thought that since they had DNA connecting him, that he would have taken a plea long ago? The request for special circumstances/death penalty was filed in March of 2016. That was a year ago. I would have thought the trial would have started by now...

It's not all that unusual in death penalty cases to see very long delays before trial. For one thing the attorneys must be specially certified to defend DP cases versus a regular defense attorney. In Justin Rector's case (he murdered Bella Grogan-Cannella on September 2014 in Arizona) there had to be two such attorneys involved and that case has entered year number three with numerous motions filed and many delays. Rector even confessed guilt to his father at one point then recinded it and continues to plead not guilty.

So we may see some more delays in this case too before the trial begins. And it constantly amazes me that defendants insist they are not guilty even in the face of overwhelming evidence. I guess we'll see what happens with Timothy Madden as things progress.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Madden-appears-in-court-404329376.html

That's an article showing the next few court dates, as well as the Judge saying the trial will not likely be until January 2018.

In the beginning of the article it speaks of the "fluids" not being tested yet for DNA, but other items were.

There is a good chance that these dates may change, as death penalty cases can drag on. You don't necessarily have to confirm DNA from just the body fluids, as it was reported that biological evidence found on her during autopsy was confirmed with his DNA.

I check often and there hasn't been much reporting on this sad case in a while. It will be interesting to see if we hear anything more on his next court date on July 26... that is if that date doesn't change.

Around the time of this crime, many locals went online to express confusion about the DNA, especially because the suspect has an adult son around the age where it is more common to commit this kind of apparently impulsive crime. But I don't think there's ever been much real dispute about who committed this murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 75%? Given what I see on Facebook I would have thought it was much higher.

Thinking about this precious little girl so much. I'm a new poster, but a long time lurker. Have followed many crimes here, but few have touched me like this little girl. I shudder to think of the horrors she suffered. Will keep following, and hoping for justice for her...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back