KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing to verify it was a residence that they visited on Mount Carmel Church Road...

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/BREAKING-Body-found-in-Scottsville-349312871.html

"According to KSP, police followed a tip that was received through interviewing witnesses, which led them to searching property on Mount Carmel Church Road.

"During the process of interviewing and investigating and just a possible lead had come up. Any time a possible lead comes up, we explore any avenues that we can to the fullest extent. And that's brought us to a residence here in rural Allen County. We followed up on that and the investigation is going to continue," Trooper B.J. Eaton, Kentucky State Police, Post 3 Public Information Officer said."

It may be unrelated, but there is a RSO on Mount Carmel Church Road in Campbellsville, KY. Campbellsville is a good hour away from Scottsville though.

I've read this several times, what could that possibly be, the creek still shows signs of the crime? Blood?

Crime scene tape, it explains that in the article.

Theres one sex offender with an address just over a mile from the school. No accusations though. Just curious if thats even legal in that town.. i know where i live, they cant live within so many miles of a school.

I don't think it's "miles" anywhere.
They wouldn't be able to live anywhere if that was the case.
It's generally feet or yards.
I believe in Kentucky it's 1,000 feet.
So yes, that RSO is about 5 times farther away than he's required to be.

I do believe that more time elapsed than we realize. She was noticed missing...we really don't know how much time elapsed at that point. Maybe it was 5-10-15 minutes. Then they went up to the press box and asked the announcer to call for her. I'm sure 5-10-15 minutes passed between each call. When she didn't show up, they all began looking for her. At that point, it took about 25 minutes before she was located. So if we add all that time up, we could easily have more than an hour. This is the way I am figuring it. Am I wrong in that?

Not at all wrong, I said the same thing earlier.

Sharing to verify it was a residence that they visited on Mount Carmel Church Road...

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/BREAKING-Body-found-in-Scottsville-349312871.html

"According to KSP, police followed a tip that was received through interviewing witnesses, which led them to searching property on Mount Carmel Church Road.

"During the process of interviewing and investigating and just a possible lead had come up. Any time a possible lead comes up, we explore any avenues that we can to the fullest extent. And that's brought us to a residence here in rural Allen County. We followed up on that and the investigation is going to continue," Trooper B.J. Eaton, Kentucky State Police, Post 3 Public Information Officer said."

So she was found at/behind a residence? From the previous articles, the impression I had gotten was she was behind the school, thru the woods, and at the creek.

At a residence, I would think that narrows the suspects way down. How far from the school was the residence? Could the suspect have walked with a screaming child without being noticed? Does the family know the people who live in this house?

Thank goodness for the person who called the tip in as to where to find her!

Crime scene tape, it explains that in the article.

I don't think it's "miles" anywhere.
They wouldn't be able to live anywhere if that was the case.
It's generally feet or yards.
I believe in Kentucky it's 1,000 feet.
So yes, that RSO is about 5 times farther away than he's required to be.

Not at all wrong, I said the same thing earlier.

You're correct. RSO's in Ky can't live within 1000 ft of a school, daycare, or other places where children gather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was found in a creek 400 yards from the school. It was said that mt.carmel church rd is 8 miles away per a local.

The tip supposedly lead to a residents on mt. Carmel but after that it was somehow discovered that she was in the creek near the school.

Now since the entire attendees was searching. Maybe while LE was at the residents; someone from the stadium search party discovered the body in the creek. Which of course would leave me skeptical of the person who originally found the body.

Now 25 minutes being found after the cops were called. Plus if the cops headed straight to a house that is 8 miles away. While questioning the residents would probably mean that it would have taken them atleast 20 minutes on that process alone. Jmo

So I think the local search discovered her while LE was questioning the residents on Mt. Carmel Church Rd.

This story is just sticking with me. This could have easily happened to anyone, anywhere. I know I will 100% be even more on top of my kids than I am now. Just heartbreaking for the family.

I remember my "Pee Wee" years as a cheerleader. We used to have so much fun running around. We were so free. Even as "Might Might's" (5-6), we'd go out with the older girls until the last game getting the crowd into it. We used to always love to help out in the concession stands. Our field was a public park... Playgrounds, Library, football/baseball/soccer fields... tennis courts, etc...

When my niece was 5-years-old, I was so happy she was going to be a part of something myself and my sister's had all been a part of. Same park and program.

Things had obviously changed a lot. There was always a lot of older couples who really did enjoy coming out and watching the practices (football/cheerleading). But, there were always those ones that would "watch" the girls. I'll never forget when one tried to lure one of the little ones. I just remember the football coaches physically removing him. My niece never did get to experience the freedom I had.

R.I.P. Gabriella. I am so sorry, sweetie.

I think this was probably a crime of opportunity rather than a planned abduction. In reality, in most communities, there are probably many pedophiles just keeping their behavior in check. Little Gabby, possibly in tears after becoming separated from her friends, would seem a very vulnerable and easy target. Maybe she was the trusting type that accepted a stranger's offer to help find her folks? After that, he could have led her between parked cars and off in to the darkness of the woods...and at which point I'm afraid a panicked scenario like Whiterabbit suggested has played out. I guess it's even possible that her death was caused by smothering hands stifling her shouts as she heard her own name being called out on the loudspeakers.

I wish now I'd never opened this thread. I'm already a hovering parent (read overprotective) and things just got worse. 25 mins seems a very short amount of time indeed in which to permanently lose something so precious.

:(

- - - - - - RIP Gabriella Doolin - - - - - -

We had a situation this summer at our local little league field. A man tried to lure a child to his car in the parking lot for some candy. The child was a sibling of a baseball player who was playing with other kids. Oldest trick in the world (candy or puppies). Thankfully the child ran and told her parents. An email blast was sent to all little league parents in the area informing them of this. We basically live at sporting events with our kids and you see kids running around everywhere. It truly is a pedophile's Disneyland.

I've read this several times, what could that possibly be, the creek still shows signs of the crime? Blood?

I was interpreting it along those lines initially also, but I think it's poor wording and means like the memorial to her shows signs of a crime happening there.

Further down in that same article it says:

Just feet away from where Gabby's body was found, a memorial has been set up.

I think if all these people were coming to pay their respects as I've read elsewhere, and there's this memorial feet from where she was found, if there were signs of the actual crime (like blood) that we'd be hearing people talking about the specifics in/to the media.

If it were really crime related evidence I think LE would keep the memorial far further than a couple of feet and have it still cordoned off until blood stain or whatever was dealt with and cleaned up as is typical so it's at least largely gone or noticeable.

Since that's not the case, I think it points to awkward/poor wording in the earlier part of the article.

I've read about who's back in town at the other site but there is a non-compliant sex offender from Scottsville. He was charged in MI for a sex offense of a 14 year. Lifetime registration but he appears to be missing. I doubt he's responsible but can't overlook the possibility either.

His violation per MI Statute

http://24.248.177.73/zipdirectory/MI/49445/Todd_Eugene_Wiggins_810513

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(2f...g.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-520e

http://search.criminalcheck.com/pdd...er=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC&identifier=&sessionid=

Home facts record

Last Known Address: 0 NON-COMPLIANT SCOTTSVILLE, KY 42164 (last name is misspelled, typo)

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/KY46464/Todd-Eugene-Srwiggins.html

Just wanted to put this out there.

Is the mother changing the story around now? Previously it was reported that she was in a small crowd, turned, and Gabby was gone. This article says differently:

Gabriella Doolin's mother reported her missing at around 7 p.m. Her mother said Gabriella went to the bathroom with some of her friends but she never came back.

Read More at: http://www.local12.com/news/feature...year-old-girl-found-dead-in-pond-232729.shtml

I really lean towards this being a teenager. It wouldn't take long to walk to the creek, strangle, and do whatever else (not necessarily in that order). I'd actually think it more likely that a first time offender would be so quick. I would think they'd be terrified of being discovered. Get in, do the crime, get out before anyone notices. I don't think fast = skilled. I think it is scared and desperate.

I also think a child would be likely to go with a teenager - even a stranger. A lot of kids I've seen seem to adore older kids. They don't seem to view them as threatening even if they don't know them. If a teenage boy walked up to a group of playing 7 to 10 year olds (or even just one) and said simply, "Hey, I'm walking to the creek. Want to come?" I don't think it is hard to believe one or more might be pleased to be included and go with him. Especially at that age where they are more aware of socializing and less fearful and clingy to parents.

jmo

According to this article she has a brother Alec, 11, who was playing football at the time and a 3 year old younger brother, Chance.

Before cheerleading, Gabbi and Alec competed together in pageants.

The sheriff's department is treating the homicide as an isolated incident but will have extra deputies patrolling school perimeters until an arrest is made.

Are they thinking RSO in the area?

____

Visitation for Gabbi is after 5 p.m. Tuesday at Goad Funeral Home. The funeral is at 1 p.m. Thursday with burial at Allen County Memorial Gardens.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/fam...cle_a44e2ea0-8cde-11e5-8a96-3f49a10cf4d1.html

Just wanted to let everyone know I live 25 miles from Scottsville. Haven't read through the entire thread, but I can answer one question I saw on page 1. There have been no other similar incidents in the area, at least not any reported. I've been to this football field a couple times, although it's been a while. My nephew played a couple invitationals there 8 or 9 years ago, and when I coached middle school football, we played at Allen County every other year.

Something about this just isn't sitting well with me. The story the mother told on the news last night was that the little girl was with her friends and they went to the concession stand, but she never returned. Wouldn't one of friends recall at what point she was no longer with them and why? But even that isn't the part that concerns me most. She was "reported" (to whom is unclear) missing at 7:25 pm, and her body was reported found to KSP in nearby Bowling Green at 8:05 pm. When she was found, it wouldn't have been immediately reported that very second. Someone would have yelled for help. They would have checked her vital signs for life. We're probably talking at least 5 minutes before it's reported, so from reported missing to found, we're talking no more than 35 minutes. Now, once it was reported to whomever the mother reported it to, even if they announce it over the PA system, we're talking another several minutes to get the word out, stop play (assuming there were still games being played) and get people to start looking. If there are things I'm missing it's because local news outlets, namely WBKO 13 in Bowling Green, really haven't given us much at this point. All in all, we're talking about a search that lasted less than 30 minutes.

Police aren't giving any information about their leads, which, in my experience, usually means it involves a minor or a family member.

walked with other kids to concession stand, walked with other kids to bathroom, was with parents watching brother play football and mother turns around daughter is gone, was in a small crowd and mother turned around and saw she was gone....

so many different stories!

Just wanted to let everyone know I live 25 miles from Scottsville. Haven't read through the entire thread, but I can answer one question I saw on page 1. There have been no other similar incidents in the area, at least not any reported. I've been to this football field a couple times, although it's been a while. My nephew played a couple invitationals there 8 or 9 years ago, and when I coached middle school football, we played at Allen County every other year.

Something about this just isn't sitting well with me. The story the mother told on the news last night was that the little girl was with her friends and they went to the concession stand, but she never returned. Wouldn't one of friends recall at what point she was no longer with them and why? But even that isn't the part that concerns me most. She was "reported" (to whom is unclear) missing at 7:25 pm, and her body was reported found to KSP in nearby Bowling Green at 8:05 pm. When she was found, it wouldn't have been immediately reported that very second. Someone would have yelled for help. They would have checked her vital signs for life. We're probably talking at least 5 minutes before it's reported, so from reported missing to found, we're talking no more than 35 minutes. Now, once it was reported to whomever the mother reported it to, even if they announce it over the PA system, we're talking another several minutes to get the word out, stop play (assuming there were still games being played) and get people to start looking. If there are things I'm missing it's because local news outlets, namely WBKO 13 in Bowling Green, really haven't given us much at this point. All in all, we're talking about a search that lasted less than 30 minutes.

Police aren't giving any information about their leads, which, in my experience, usually means it involves a minor or a family member.

Your timeline seems to be what has been reported, but I don't understand what doesn't sit well with you. What am I missing?

walked with other kids to concession stand, walked with other kids to bathroom, was with parents watching brother play football and mother turns around daughter is gone, was in a small crowd and mother turned around and saw she was gone....

so many different stories!

They are probably all parts of the correct story. Parents and kids went to game. Gabriella got lost in the crowd and was then reported missing. Friends have since said she went with them to the rest room and concession stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay