KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the mothers story changed ONLY because her friends said "no, she went here with us or she was surely here with us". I think the mother was reporting when SHE had last seen her daughter. I don't understand how that could possibly sit wrong, but to each their own.

Your timeline seems to be what has been reported, but I don't understand what doesn't sit well with you. What am I missing?

It just seems to me she went from "missing" to "found" too quickly. That complex isn't nearly as small as you would expect considering the size of Scottsville.

Maybe. Idk. Did LE say if It was a teen, child, or adult who found her? I think this was a Teen who could have possibly done this. The loudspeaker scared them, they freaked and then ended up killing this poor baby.

Maybe said teen was really shaken because they started to regret it and texted a "trusted friend" to vent.

It just seems to me she went from "missing" to "found" too quickly. That complex isn't nearly as small as you would expect considering the size of Scottsville.

Well we know when she was discovered missing and we know when she was found. Can't do anything about the amount of time between the two.

Thankful she was found so quickly. The outcome obviously wouldn't have been different, but I know how it feels to suffer tremendously not knowing where someone is, not knowing when they'd be found, not knowing if they will be alive.

A friend sent this article to me this morning:
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/parents-of-killed-7-year-old-seek-justice

The mother says her daughter went to the concession stand and didn't come back. How heartbreaking! I live right down the road from this and I will say this about Scottsville....This community will NEVER be the same! I have not met the Doolins, but my family will grieve for their daughter and their loss for the rest of our lives...We will never forget Gabby!

don't disagree with any of the above posts...

the "story" is consistent with a child going to a game with her family...sits in the stands, sees friends, runs around behind the bleachers, checks in with mom, goes to the concession stand, checks in with mom, goes to the bathroom, runs around the sidelines, et cetera...when she doesn't check in (or is sighted by a parent) for a period of time (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes), parents ask for a 'missing child check' by the announcer to find her.

not putting words in freesafety's mouth, but the timeline from there doesn't sit well with me either. not on the perp's part, he/she/they panic when they hear the loudspeaker and "finish" or "abandon" the crime in progress. within 25 minutes, on a large campus with tons of parking lots, buildings, and woods/brush to comb through, one or more persons "happen" upon a body. the flood lights from the field would NOT reach that area. no one in their right mind would go in the dark of night to that remote a property considering all the other places she could be 'hiding' (inside the school, a car, an outbuilding, a port-a-potty). it's a miracle one or a group out of a 100 or so people would find her that quickly.

i say 100 because even if there were 500 there, that includes infants, toddlers, elderly, and out-of-towners who wouldn't run 200 feet much less 200 yards in any direction they weren't familiar with.

so maybe it's just that, a miracle...or not. freesafety has a good point.

Well, consider how many people were looking for her. She wasn't far away. She may have been right on a pathway, not hidden at all.

Thankful she was found so quickly. The outcome obviously wouldn't have been different, but I know how it feels to suffer tremendously not knowing where someone is, not knowing when they'd be found, not knowing if they will be alive.

I'm sorry for whatever you had to go through okiebaby90.

don't disagree with any of the above posts...

the "story" is consistent with a child going to a game with her family...sits in the stands, sees friends, runs around behind the bleachers, checks in with mom, goes to the concession stand, checks in with mom, goes to the bathroom, runs around the sidelines, et cetera...when she doesn't check in (or is sighted by a parent) for a period of time (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes), parents ask for a 'missing child check' by the announcer to find her.

not putting words in freesafety's mouth, but the timeline from there doesn't sit well with me either. not on the perp's part, he/she/they panic when they hear the loudspeaker and "finish" or "abandon" the crime in progress. within 25 minutes, on a large campus with tons of parking lots, buildings, and woods/brush to comb through, one or more persons "happen" upon a body. the flood lights from the field would NOT reach that area. no one in their right mind would go in the dark of night to that remote a property considering all the other places she could be 'hiding' (inside the school, a car, an outbuilding, a port-a-potty). it's a miracle one or a group out of a 100 or so people would find her that quickly.

i say 100 because even if there were 500 there, that includes infants, toddlers, elderly, and out-of-towners who wouldn't run 200 feet much less 200 yards in any direction they weren't familiar with.

so maybe it's just that, a miracle...or not. freesafety has a good point.

There's also that fairly new nature trail, that runs behind and around the backs of the schools. That goes above that creek/pond. All 3 schools and the school board office building are all in a common area. There would be lots of hiding spots.

With strong leads and a strong direction LE has it seems likely they know or have a good description who she last seen with. The autopsy report was completed yesterday. If there is DNA that was run, perhaps that will be back today, but then it has to be match to someone and if not in the system poses additional time. I still think this case will result in an arrest soon.

running to the concession stand, running around with friends, running to the bathroom .... is a whole completely different story than mom's, "i turned around in a small crowd and she was gone". Makes me think they were walking or standing in one area and Gabbi disappears. Now they think she went with someone to the concession stand or bathroom???? Mom didn't mention that.

And no one saw anything!??!?!

Just wanted to let everyone know I live 25 miles from Scottsville. Haven't read through the entire thread, but I can answer one question I saw on page 1. There have been no other similar incidents in the area, at least not any reported. I've been to this football field a couple times, although it's been a while. My nephew played a couple invitationals there 8 or 9 years ago, and when I coached middle school football, we played at Allen County every other year.

Something about this just isn't sitting well with me. The story the mother told on the news last night was that the little girl was with her friends and they went to the concession stand, but she never returned. Wouldn't one of friends recall at what point she was no longer with them and why? But even that isn't the part that concerns me most. She was "reported" (to whom is unclear) missing at 7:25 pm, and her body was reported found to KSP in nearby Bowling Green at 8:05 pm. When she was found, it wouldn't have been immediately reported that very second. Someone would have yelled for help. They would have checked her vital signs for life. We're probably talking at least 5 minutes before it's reported, so from reported missing to found, we're talking no more than 35 minutes. Now, once it was reported to whomever the mother reported it to, even if they announce it over the PA system, we're talking another several minutes to get the word out, stop play (assuming there were still games being played) and get people to start looking. If there are things I'm missing it's because local news outlets, namely WBKO 13 in Bowling Green, really haven't given us much at this point. All in all, we're talking about a search that lasted less than 30 minutes.

Police aren't giving any information about their leads, which, in my experience, usually means it involves a minor or a family member.
I do not believe the parents had anything to do with this. I haven't heard a single derogatory remark, nor even a slight hint of neglect or abuse with these parents. The ONLY thing I hear is they loved their children and their entire lives have been protecting, providing for them, and caring for them. I do not know anything about other family members, but I haven't heard anything linking any of them to this evil crime.

With strong leads and a strong direction LE has it seems likely they know or have a good description who she last seen with. The autopsy report was completed yesterday. If there is DNA that was run, perhaps that will be back today, but then it has to be match to someone and if not in the system poses additional time. I still think this case will result in an arrest soon.

I think they will arrest someone soon. I think when I saw a state trooper just parked in a driveway up the road yesterday, watching...He was already watching for a particular person. No way are they wasting their precious resources now, on speed traps..They will save those for New Year's Eve and even still, I have never seen one where this trooper was waiting.

I also think it is eerily quiet, except for the massive amount of support for this heartbroken family. Little towns are gossipy, but this time..It seems everyone is respecting LE and the serious nature of this investigation. This town comes together. The people here are letting LE do their job and do their job professionally and without interference. This needs to be done, so that there will NOT be another victim.

the news reported that brian and amy doolin "lost their daughter in the crowd". the news also reported that she was watching a football game in the stands with her mother, no mention of father.

i didn't see any quote from mom in the first dozen or so reports...but i could be wrong.

i do not suspect the parents, fwiw. first time, ever, on any case.

the post-PA-announcement-to-discovery just doesn't jive, IMO...my best guess is that a child (minor) reported something (gabby went that-away with so-and-so) to a parent or adult who then turned to the doolins who then in panic-mode asked if they could broadcast her name...this child/adult's "tip" went straight to LE which led in the direction of the creek bed.

just a guess but it's all i got at the moment.

I suspect this is a young person/teen from the local area. An adult perp would have taken her in a car to a far location. A kid would walk her into the woods. I feel like some parent out there is suspicious of their own child but is either in denial or terrified to tell. I think it would be a regular at the games and practices, someone who had become fond of Gabriella watching her over time and maybe without even intending to hurt her lured her for their own curiosity. My prayers go out to the community-and of course to those who love Gabriella. Sad.

Also they may have found her so quickly because the perp was involved or leading them to her. Often times a perp will insert themselves into the crime.

JMO

running to the concession stand, running around with friends, running to the bathroom .... is a whole completely different story than mom's, "i turned around in a small crowd and she was gone". Makes me think they were walking or standing in one area and Gabbi disappears. Now they think she went with someone to the concession stand or bathroom???? Mom didn't mention that.

And no one saw anything!??!?!

I have a LOT of children, so I know they move fast and they like to follow their peers...However I am a helicopter mama! Easily the child could have asked to go to the concession stand with her friends, coming back to the stands, one of the kids might have needed to use the restroom..So off they all may have gone. I heard, but is unconfirmed that Gabby finished in the restroom, and went to wait for the other kids outside the restrooms..When the other kids came out, she was gone...Mom herself may only be finding out now the route her little daughter took.

I remember years ago, when we lived in Michigan. There was an incident where a child went to use a park restroom. I believe the aunt of the young boy waited outside...Another person went into that restroom and murdered that little boy, as his aunt or maybe his mother, waited for him to finish using that restroom...The killer walked right out past that woman. I cannot, even today, almost 20 years later, go to a park and not think about that little boy. No matter how hard we try, we cannot protect our children from all of the evil that lurks. We can only do our best and remember we are loving and caring humans. Most of us also, do not have the evil mindset, that would allow us to do these horrific deeds. We can't always protect our children, from actions we can't even imagine...No matter how hard we try.

the news reported that brian and amy doolin "lost their daughter in the crowd". the news also reported that she was watching a football game in the stands with her mother, no mention of father.

i didn't see any quote from mom in the first dozen or so reports...but i could be wrong.

i do not suspect the parents, fwiw. first time, ever, on any case.

the post-PA-announcement-to-discovery just doesn't jive, IMO...my best guess is that a child (minor) reported something (gabby went that-away with so-and-so) to a parent or adult who then turned to the doolins who then in panic-mode asked if they could broadcast her name...this child/adult's "tip" went straight to LE which led in the direction of the creek bed.

just a guess but it's all i got at the moment.

The tip lead them to a home on Mount Carmel Church Road - the tip WAS NOT to the whereabouts of Gabbi's body.

I think they will arrest someone soon. I think when I saw a state trooper just parked in a driveway up the road yesterday, watching...He was already watching for a particular person. No way are they wasting their precious resources now, on speed traps..They will save those for New Year's Eve and even still, I have never seen one where this trooper was waiting.

I also think it is eerily quiet, except for the massive amount of support for this heartbroken family. Little towns are gossipy, but this time..It seems everyone is respecting LE and the serious nature of this investigation. This town comes together. The people here are letting LE do their job and do their job professionally and without interference. This needs to be done, so that there will NOT be another victim.

I totally agree and I believe the Sheriff said yesterday this was the only case they are working on. The outpouring of love and support for this family has been amazing. The ******** account just keeps growing rapidly, you don't see that very often IMO. http://wbkr.com/********-account-set-up-for-family-of-allen-county-girl/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay