KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big question. Who was there solo. Because if you're with friends. Then obviously they would know that you were gone the same time as Gabbi.

So a friend may have said that xyz was here but we haven't seen him in 20 minutes and he lives on Mt Carmel.

But this would mean the perp has a car or doesn't mind walking or riding a bike 8 to 17 miles to home at night.

So how young could the kid be. Obviously he wasn't there when the tip originally came in.

So is it a teen with access to a car.

The big question. Who was there solo. Because if you're with friends. Then obviously they would know that you were gone the same time as Gabbi.

So a friend may have said that xyz was here but we haven't seen him in 20 minutes and he lives on Mt Carmel.

But this would mean the perp has a car or doesn't mind walking or riding a bike 8 to 17 miles to home at night.

So how young could the kid be. Obviously he wasn't there when the tip originally came in.

So is it a teen with access to a car.

Not really following your thinking. Why does he have to be solo? Why can't it be the teenage child of somebody attending the game? Somebody who wasn't watching him because of his age, because they knew he was off in the distance hanging around with the other kids? I wouldn't be surprised if his parents never even noticed him missing, because if he is fourteen or fifteen and old enough to keep an eye on himself, then they probably weren't watching him very closely. He could have done it and walked back and joined the crowd searching easily.

Probably totally unrelated, but this isn't Scottsville's first time in the news for all the wrong reasons...

I won't put anyone's name on this forum who was acquitted of charges, I think doing that is irresponsible, but realizing so many here are from other parts of the country far away from here who don't know the history, look up the name Katie Autry. Katie was a student at Western Kentucky University who was brutally raped, killed and her body burned in her dorm room in 2003. One young man, Stephen Soules, admitted his involvement and named an accomplice. The accomplice is a member of a powerful family in Scottsville, and was acquitted at trial. Oddly enough, the acquitted man's stepfather was found dead in his own burned car in a rest area near Bowling Green in 2008.

Like I said, it's probably totally unrelated to this case, as neither of the aforementioned were children, and as far as we know burning wasn't involved in this case. Just triggered a memory of this when someone above mentioned things that the killer may have done in the past.

Not to split hairs, but in some jurisdictions there is also, formally, 'undetermined'.

Yes, you're absolutely right! I always seem to forget to include that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The obit has her time of death 7:58pm. When did the game start?

Sent from my LG-D520 using Tapatalk

I've been wondering the same thing for some time.
Also, as someone else mentioned, 7:58 is a seriously tight TOD.
That also means that between death and discovering the body only 7 minutes passed.
That is not much time for the perpetrator to get away from a dark, wooded area that where a search is ongoing by what sounds to be many people for this child.
Not to be too graphic here - but 7 minutes since TOD is also potentially well within the timeframe in which a child could attempt to be resuscitated. (Medical background, including EMS). I'm wondering if an ambulance was called and anyone attempted to begin resuscitation efforts. If not, this may tell us more about the potential mechanisms of death until the actual autopsy report is published. I've seen people with absolutely devastating, non-survivable injuries who have been had some sort of resuscitative efforts begun on them - and I think it would be most (at least medically trained) people's gut instinct to try to "help" or "save" her if they found her simply not breathing and without a pulse.
Does anyone know if EMS was called or if she was transported to a medical center for treatment? I suspect not, only because of the TOD. Typically if a person is deceased on scene, treated by EMS, etc. and pronounced deceased at a hospital, the time that the hospital ceases attempts is listed as the TOD.

Also - how in the WORLD could they have such a precise TOD? I'm far from a forensic expert - but that seems remarkably precise.

Probably totally unrelated, but this isn't Scottsville's first time in the news for all the wrong reasons...

I won't put anyone's name on this forum who was acquitted of charges, I think doing that is irresponsible, but realizing so many here are from other parts of the country far away from here who don't know the history, look up the name Katie Autry. Katie was a student at Western Kentucky University who was brutally raped, killed and her body burned in her dorm room in 2003. One young man, Stephen Soules, admitted his involvement and named an accomplice. The accomplice is a member of a powerful family in Scottsville, and was acquitted at trial. Oddly enough, the acquitted man's stepfather was found dead in his own burned car in a rest area near Bowling Green in 2008.

Like I said, it's probably totally unrelated to this case, as neither of the aforementioned were children, and as far as we know burning wasn't involved in this case. Just triggered a memory of this when someone above mentioned things that the killer may have done in the past.

Yeah, I hope that this potential connection is being checked into. I'm sure it is. The person you mention is highly recognizable; if he were at the game, people would notice. But maybe this crime was committed by someone hanging around in the woods, out of sight.

It's also true that this unnamed person does not have a known history of targeting children. But sometimes perpetrators target children because they are vulnerable and not because they're children per se. And people with messed-up brains can see children as older than they are or as having more agency than they do. I know Gabbi was a cheerleader -- I've not seen it mentioned whether she was in uniform or not. But it's an outfit frequently used in *advertiser censored* (disgustingly so, but that's how it is) and may have led a creep to sexualize her. (And that's his problem, not Gabbi's. Gabbi was an innocent child.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really following your thinking. Why does he have to be solo? Why can't it be the teenage child of somebody attending the game? Somebody who wasn't watching him because of his age, because they knew he was off in the distance hanging around with the other kids? I wouldn't be surprised if his parents never even noticed him missing, because if he is fourteen or fifteen and old enough to keep an eye on himself, then they probably weren't watching him very closely. He could have done it and walked back and joined the crowd searching easily.

This is what I think happened. He was probably part of the search as well, trying to blend in. Maybe I have seen too many documentaries about minors who kill peers or younger children and I'm not considering other possibilities as much as I should be, but based on statements by LE and what info about the night Gabbi was murdered has been reported by the media, I am leaning heavily in that direction.

I am praying hard for gabbis family and loved ones as they Prepare to lay her to rest. Fly high sweet angel.

TOD is 7:58 and her body was found at 8:05? Geez. That's close.

The perp could not be far away...most likely in the crowd searching.

We are talking about a brazen individual, driven by some overwhelming perversity. Could this be someone who is 16?

http://wkrn.com/2015/11/16/medical-examiner-rules-ky-girls-death-homicide/

This article says she was found in a small creek behind the baseball field. It's a central location to 4 schools and right next to a parking lot. Mt. Carmel road is approx 17 minutes away from that location, and the tip was based on an eyewitness' interview. Someone must have recognized whoever it was she was walking with. Maybe they saw her with someone by the baseball field (which is not really connected to anything other than a smaller baseball field). That person was most likely living or staying at an address on Mt. Carmel, but hauled *advertiser censored* out of town. No way he's going back to that house...

I'd be very surprised if it is an out of towner, because whoever dumped Gabbi back near or in that creek/pond...Very well knew the area. I live here and didn't even know that pond was behind the school, until I was alerted that I had a daughter sneaking out of school with boys and going back there...Later a nature trail was made and it wraps around back there. I don't think anyone, but locals would really know about the trail, which wraps through the woods, behind the schools, and near that area of water. This area isn't right by the parking lot. Still if the perp walked this baby straight back to the wooded area and committed the crime there, I don't see how someone's attention wouldn't have been caught. I do wonder if this monster slithered around the school buildings and got on that trail and took her to the pond/creek area unnoticed...However...I guess depending on where he got on the trail, it would take some time to get from the trail to the woods...Didn't ME say the time of death was at 7:58pm and wasn't she found at 8:05pm?....7 minutes! The perp had to do some fast tracking out of there.

I've been wondering the same thing for some time.
Also, as someone else mentioned, 7:58 is a seriously tight TOD.
That also means that between death and discovering the body only 7 minutes passed.
That is not much time for the perpetrator to get away from a dark, wooded area that where a search is ongoing by what sounds to be many people for this child.
Not to be too graphic here - but 7 minutes since TOD is also potentially well within the timeframe in which a child could attempt to be resuscitated. (Medical background, including EMS). I'm wondering if an ambulance was called and anyone attempted to begin resuscitation efforts. If not, this may tell us more about the potential mechanisms of death until the actual autopsy report is published. I've seen people with absolutely devastating, non-survivable injuries who have been had some sort of resuscitative efforts begun on them - and I think it would be most (at least medically trained) people's gut instinct to try to "help" or "save" her if they found her simply not breathing and without a pulse.
Does anyone know if EMS was called or if she was transported to a medical center for treatment? I suspect not, only because of the TOD. Typically if a person is deceased on scene, treated by EMS, etc. and pronounced deceased at a hospital, the time that the hospital ceases attempts is listed as the TOD.

Also - how in the WORLD could they have such a precise TOD? I'm far from a forensic expert - but that seems remarkably precise.

This is an excellent post. Thank you for breaking down the time of death from the time the body was found. When I was reading the thread last night I knew it was obviously a short time frame but seeing that simple math and realizing it was 7 minutes from time of death until when she was found is mind boggling. Just asked my husband who was a paramedic and firefighter before joining LE and he said there are too many factors (what a big help..ugh). I know in my recent cpr re certification I learned that there's still oxygen flowing for 10 minutes once breathing stops, which is why chest compressions are so so important in cpr but I don't know if this would apply. using that logic maybe she was incapacitated and stopped breathing between 7 45 and 7 48 maybe? I don't know this is just so sad. I'm going to go do some more research on this subject in a little bit.

I have thought about this for days now. I can't imagine anyone doing such a horrific thing..But....Someone did.

I do not believe this is a refugee or someone unfamiliar with Allen County. I am taking a guess this monster went to school here. I think it will be a juvenile. This would unlikely be his first sick deed...He may have been harming younger children or animals, he may have been molesting children, stealing etc...Generally these types of killers have worked their way up to the ultimate sick deed. It may be possible that his parents aren't even aware of his sick actions, or may have turned a blind eye to it. He may have also experienced sexual or physical abuse. Gabbi apparently left peacefully, so I am guessing she knew this pervert somehow. If he had grabbed her kicking and screaming, someone would certainly have noticed.

This perp. accomplished his goal...He killed Gabbi, but his crime was sloppy, seems impulsive, and disorganized. If he had a vehicle, why did he risk someone there finding him. Why did he keep his crime so close to where he abducted her and there were so many people around? He had to know her parents would notice her missing quickly. If time of death was 7 minutes before Gabbi was found...He almost did get caught or could have been interrupted...He apparently left enough evidence at the scene, that LE knew quickly this was a murder. If she was strangled or drowned, usually that would take forensic tests/autopsy to determine officially. If she was found drowned, when her body was found, it would be hard to know if it was an accident or murder, unless there were physical signs of trauma on her body. This killer is certainly evil, but he isn't very bright. I don't picture him an honor student...I could be in for a big surprise though...I don't think anything will ever surprise me again.

This perp. was aware of the physcial surroundings of these schools. He knew what was in the back. I didn't know, but one of my kids sure did. Also kids are taking back to study that creek/pond as part of some of their classes. There is that trail back there, that most wouldn't know about, unless they lived here.

We do have a Scottsville juvenile that has recently been released from jail. He has a troubling FB page full of profanity. When scrolling back to September posts, I can see him lamenting and angry that no one wants him to come back to Allen County...so I'm assuming his family is included in that. Haven't found out what he was in detention for just yet but I am still searching.

ETA: This young man is 16 and angry and troubled. He was told he is not allowed back into Allen County Schools.

OMG! I just found out about this. Must be living under a rock. Scottsville is only about 30 minutes from where I live and I go there often. This is the first I have heard about it. Now I need to read through this thread and catch up.

It seems like people going missing and murders is becoming an epidemic around here and it never used to be! What is going on?!.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay