KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, too. Could you explain more about the area where she was found? I apologize if you have already done so. I may have missed it. But, we have read that she was found in a creek and also a pond. Is there an actual pond there? The area near our local HS looks similar to the photos I have seen taken near the area. I would call ours a wet, swampy area but some may call it a pond as there is standing water.

Also, would the searchers have needed flashlights to see in that area after dark?

There is a real tear jerker video at the following link. Also, this statement by the Sheriff:

“I cannot say a lot, but believe me we are trying to do everything within our boundaries, that is allowed, to bring this person to justice,” Sheriff Cooke wrote.

http://rare.us/story/while-at-a-foo...appeared-25-minutes-later-she-was-found-dead/

That seems like an odd statement to me. They are doing all they can within their boundaries. Is there something they could do that is not within their boundaries that would led them to the suspect? But, this is about justice, not just finding the perp. I don't know. Just sounded kind of weird to me.
It makes me wonder its a younger perp and there are juvenile laws they have to follow.

I'm thinking this was a youth, someone Gabby was familiar with. Maybe a friend of
one of her older brothers?

Gabriella has one older brother and one younger brother. I think the younger brother is three. Not sure of the age of her older brother though.

One more question... sorry! Has anyone found what time the football game started?

I think so, too. Could you explain more about the area where she was found? I apologize if you have already done so. I may have missed it. But, we have read that she was found in a creek and also a pond. Is there an actual pond there? The area near our local HS looks similar to the photos I have seen taken near the area. I would call ours a wet, swampy area but some may call it a pond as there is standing water.

It's been awhile since I have been back there. There is a nature trail there, or close enough that you can scoot on down to a smallish, swampish pond. I guess that it could branch off into what people would call a creek. It is behind the property with the schools and stadiums. If Gabby was back there, she would have been taken there. I don't see anyway she would have accidentally wandered, in the dark, that far away from the stadiums, light, and the protection of her family. Sounds like the area here, is as you describe yours.

It makes me wonder its a younger perp and there are juvenile laws they have to follow.

Although "this person" can certainly be generic for the perp, it does sound like he is speaking about a specific person. I agree the wording is certainly odd and that might allude to the POI being a juvenile or maybe someone who has lawyered up to prevent any questioning.

A volunteer searcher found the body. That's the person that I would need to speak to.

Did anyone give them a suggestion like. Hey go over there and check it out. How many people were there during the discovery. If it was 500 people. But only 1 or 2 headed straight to that location. Then I would need to know more. Jmo.

Where is the fbi.

I saw that family name too, but that's it. Apparently the kids came home full of info but nothing beyond that name has been said, as far as I could tell.

If so...How sad! Two children's lives ruined. I do think it will be a juvenile. It's someone that knows the back of that property. Also this crime seems impulsive, sloppy, and disorganized. I think a more organized and older perp, would have thrown the child in a vehicle and done his evil far from where she was abducted, especially if there were hundreds of people in the immediate vicinity. Just very sad.......

Gabriella has one older brother and one younger brother. I think the younger brother is three. Not sure of the age of her older brother though.

older brother is 11

My thoughts are just the opposite. Possibly many people saw her, that is what lead to her quick discovery.

Mom's sitting or standing in a small crowd, her little girl is running around with friends and mom is seeing all this. Mom knows she went to bathroom, concession stand, however at some point mom 'turns around' 'looks around' and doesn't see her. Mom starts looking for her daughter and panic sets in.

Just my opinion, however I think little Gabbi was seen by several people. Wasn't there a tip that lead searchers to the area Gabbi was found? From what I've read this far, I'm not getting the feeling this was a stranger-stranger situation.

Bless this family.

In a little town like this, where "everyone knows everyone" or some same type situation, the kids run around with each other, maybe hide from each other, chase, roll on the ground, throw a little football, practice cheering, scream, etc., etc., so your son or daughter not being immediately in front of you is no big deal. You know who her friends are aand their big brothers or sisters, parents, etc., etc. Then things settle down, and she's not around. You look a bit, and then you get a feeling in the pit of your stomach, and it's on... then end of your best-in-the-world world. SMH. Was it someone you know -- their son, some kid no one knows, some kid everyone knows, jealous older girls, someone from a nearby town, some football player's uncle from out of town, etc., etc., etc.

KSP Trooper BJ Eaton said Gabby was discovered within 25 minutes due to the community’s quick efforts.

“With a case like this and the family of course and the folks of Allen County. With it being a rural close knit community like that, after Saturday Allen County is never going to be the same,” he said. “I have spoke to several people and they are just afraid for their families, especially until this guy is found.”

http://www.kmov.com/story/30534286/no-arrests-made-in-death-of-7-year-old-girl

Guy?

If she was sexually assaulted (and I highly suspect she was), then they would probably know that the perpetrator was male.

Although "this person" can certainly be generic for the perp, it does sound like he is speaking about a specific person. I agree the wording is certainly odd and that might allude to the POI being a juvenile or maybe someone who has lawyered up to prevent any questioning.

Our local news has been covering it quite extensively and I've read quite a few comments from family friends. It does sound like they know something or someone saw something that hasn't been made available to the public. I've been seeing a lot of "there's more to the story" comments so I'm hoping LE is headed in a direction that provides some closure and justice for the people who love her. It's heartbreaking to think that someone can be taken from your life in an instant. It definitely reminded me to hold my little one closer and hug her a little tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y
There is a real tear jerker video at the following link. Also, this statement by the Sheriff:

“

That seems like an odd statement to me. They are doing all they can within their boundaries. Is there something they could do that is not within their boundaries that would led them to the suspect? But, this is about justice, not just finding the perp. I don't know. Just sounded kind of weird to me.

Snipped by me...the first thing that came to mind was legally obtaining Dna. Maybe their poi has refused to give a sample?

Questioning people underage would require boundaries, wouldn't it? I have a feeling they have a lot of children to question.

A volunteer searcher found the body. That's the person that I would need to speak to.

Did anyone give them a suggestion like. Hey go over there and check it out. How many people were there during the discovery. If it was 500 people. But only 1 or 2 headed straight to that location. Then I would need to know more. Jmo.

Where is the fbi.

I would think that if Gabby wasn't right there in the immediate vicinity, the most normal thought to pop into any searcher's minds, would be to head out to the back, where older kids do hang out, where there is a wooded trail, and where it is isolated...If she just wasn't there...Not in the bleachers, not in the stadium, not in the bathrooms, not buying treats at the concession stand, and not answering when her name was announced over the loud speaker repeatedly...Where else to head but to those woods and pond/creek.....With their hearts sinking....

I would think that if Gabby wasn't right there in the immediate vicinity, the most normal thought to pop into any searcher's minds, would be to head out to the back, where older kids do hang out, where there is a wooded trail, and where it is isolated...If she just wasn't there...Not in the bleachers, not in the stadium, not in the bathrooms, not buying treats at the concession stand, and not answering when her name was announced over the loud speaker repeatedly...Where else to head but to those woods and pond/creek.....With their hearts sinking....

I think so too. I would automatically head towards the area where the water is if it were in the general vicinity. I think the first thought that would pop into my head would be that she wanted to go play in the creek or pond or whatever is there and pray something didn't accidentally happen to her.

I think we are latching on too strongly to the 25-35 minute time frame.

Having worked the public address for many sporting events, I can say that its very doubtful that only 25 minutes passed from the moment Gabby went missing until she was found. Most likely, Gabby was with friends at the game. At some point, her friends noticed she wasn't there...and her mom noticed she didn't return with the friends. So right there, we have an elapse of time. How much time we don't know...but I would say 10 minutes or more. Then the family made their way to the press box for an announcement. We are told that 3 separated announcements were made and after the third failed to bring Gabby forward, the people started an all-out search. So those 3 announcements were surely not back-to-back. I would say that several minutes passed between each one. So that is time that is elapsing while the announcements are made and time is given for Gabby to appear.
Then, when Gabby didn't show, everyone stopped and started searching..and that search lasted approx. 25 minutes until Gabby was found.
So if we add all that time up together, its most likely more than an hour that Gabby was gone before she was found...

I think that's absolutely right -- 25 minutes is a very short time for certain events -- getting there (wherever "it" happened -- the assault, if one, and then the murder); and then going to the pond/creek and putting her body in the right place; during which watching and being careful to make sure no one is around; then getting a bit composed and going back to the game, perhaps, but going back via a different way than whence he/they came there. Then getting seated or back to where he/they were, and "acting normally." That all takes time. If there was blood, then a trip to the rest room, or something, had to occur as well. The scenario in the quoted post makes a lot of sense, and IMO is the only way it makes good sence. IMO.

Well, after researching the name that was recently mentioned I have concerns. Very strange family.

I am concerned that the autopsy is done and we still don't have enough to arrest someone. I think the community has every right to be worried. As a parent and grandparent, I would be very worried. Surely LE has someone specific in their sights...

I think so too. I would automatically head towards the area where the water is if it were in the general vicinity. I think the first thought that would pop into my head would be that she wanted to go play in the creek or pond or whatever is there and pray something didn't accidentally happen to her.

And i would have hopped on the stadium golf cart as well to get across the open area and to the woods or creek quicker. So were there golf carts used in the search since no one had atvs at the moment to fly down the trails. Or to cross the 400 yard field.

Or was everyone that went that direction was headed on foot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay