KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all who have provided additional info regarding this...but something still feels off about this. Maybe it's just me.

They're saying it is a homicide, but not stating the manner of death. I don't even WANT to hear details, but how she died could say a lot about who they're looking for. I understand it's a sensitive issue, but it is possible that her killer has slipped up in the past and said or done something that, if the same manner was used or discussed, might trigger a memory for someone who knew about it.

I'm also having a hard time picturing a 7-year-old little girl venturing out away from the well-lit area of the ball field, away from her friends and family into the cold, dark evening if she wasn't accompanying someone she trusted VERY much. But who knows. Maybe she was adventurous and bold.

It seems LE is playing it very close to the vest here. From what I've seen in the past, that's usually a sign that they do have a suspect, and that person is very close to the investigation.

I think we are latching on too strongly to the 25-35 minute time frame.

Having worked the public address for many sporting events, I can say that its very doubtful that only 25 minutes passed from the moment Gabby went missing until she was found. Most likely, Gabby was with friends at the game. At some point, her friends noticed she wasn't there...and her mom noticed she didn't return with the friends. So right there, we have an elapse of time. How much time we don't know...but I would say 10 minutes or more. Then the family made their way to the press box for an announcement. We are told that 3 separated announcements were made and after the third failed to bring Gabby forward, the people started an all-out search. So those 3 announcements were surely not back-to-back. I would say that several minutes passed between each one. So that is time that is elapsing while the announcements are made and time is given for Gabby to appear.
Then, when Gabby didn't show, everyone stopped and started searching..and that search lasted approx. 25 minutes until Gabby was found.
So if we add all that time up together, its most likely more than an hour that Gabby was gone before she was found...

Going missing and the initial arrival of police are 2 different things which makes me wonder if she was found 25 minutes later after the police arrived on the scene and after asking questions.

This means she could have been actually found 1hr or so after being abducted.

Now were the search dogs out there after she was found to sniff out a suspect . And video feed from the games. The fbi should really be called in to collect video and do video analysis.

Btw. No suspect may mean that it was a younger teen but the police are afraid to start pointing the finger at people's kids.

I would check the older brother friends who come by the house or something. Jmo

Thanks to all who have provided additional info regarding this...but something still feels off about this. Maybe it's just me.

They're saying it is a homicide, but not stating the manner of death. I don't even WANT to hear details, but how she died could say a lot about who they're looking for. I understand it's a sensitive issue, but it is possible that her killer has slipped up in the past and said or done something that, if the same manner was used or discussed, might trigger a memory for someone who knew about it.

I'm also having a hard time picturing a 7-year-old little girl venturing out away from the well-lit area of the ball field, away from her friends and family into the cold, dark evening if she wasn't accompanying someone she trusted VERY much. But who knows. Maybe she was adventurous and bold.

It seems LE is playing it very close to the vest here. From what I've seen in the past, that's usually a sign that they do have a suspect, and that person is very close to the investigation.

It would seem there is a very good reason for not revealing manner of death. Such information is often withheld, at least initially.

Could you explain what you mean by "a person very close to the investigation"? I have no idea what you mean.

It would seem there is a very good reason for not revealing manner of death. Such information is often withheld, at least initially.

Could you explain what you mean by "a person very close to the investigation"? I have no idea what you mean.

I think Freesafety means that they think it was probably someone Gabrielle knew well.

7:40pm
At 7:40 pm Saturday, the mother of 7-year-old Gabriella Doolin of Allen County reported to the Scottsville Police Department that her child was missing from a football game they were attending on the Allen County-Scottsville High School campus property, according to a KSP news release.

An announcement was made over the stadium's intercom at 7.40pm and the school went on a 'complete lockdown', a family friend said.

8.05pm.
A search began immediately and it was reported to the KSP Post 3 in Bowling Green at 8:05 p.m. that her body had been located in a creek in a wooded area behind the high school.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/ksp...cle_545e9204-8b49-11e5-99ab-675eea436530.html
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-doolins-death-being-treated-homicide-n463991

KSP was assisted on the scene by Scottsville Police Department, Allen County Sheriff’s Department and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.

I think Freesafety means that they think it was probably someone Gabrielle knew well.

I had to read this three times because I couldn't get past free safety as a football position. "But a free safety would have been on the field... ?"

D'oh.

I just wanted to mention that I hope people do not start speculating on family members until more info comes out or LE says something.

Could it be possible that with the short time it occurred that this was an accident by an older kid and they panicked?I guess we will not know until COD comes out or if her body was clothed.I just have a hard time seeing a sexual assault with this short of time,I hope not anyway.
That's what I was thinking. Someone posted earlier in this thread info that seems to support that she was playing with other kids when she disappeared. If so then a possible explanation would be that an accident happened and whoever was involved maybe panicked and ditched the body. Just speculation on my behalf of course. Without knowing the cause of death it's impossible to speculate with any degree of accuracy though as to what happened.

That's what I was thinking. Someone posted earlier in this thread info that seems to support that she was playing with other kids when she disappeared. If so then a possible explanation would be that an accident happened and whoever was involved maybe panicked and ditched the body. Just speculation on my behalf of course. Without knowing the cause of death it's impossible to speculate with any degree of accuracy though as to what happened.

They would have had to have been alone where no one would see them. I hardly believe that is possible in a large crowd.

The only thing I can think of to get Gabbi alone would be if they were playing something like hide-n-seek.

I agree that the statements seem wildly inconsistent. The only way I can see that this was "an isolated incident, no danger to others..." is if any of the following are the case: a) they have a POI in custody (they don't per the second statement); b) they have a reason to believe that manner of death won't be homicide (not likely given the rest of the comments in the case); c) multiple investigating agencies aren't coordinating their sound bites very well or d) circumstances/perceptions of circumstances changed between the issuing of the first and second statements.

Those are the only things that come to my mind immediately. Other things I may have missed?

I can remember a couple of cases where LE told people the same thing but it turned out to be untrue. I think they just didn't want people to panic. I'm not saying that's the case here, though.

Authorities are calling Gabriella's death a homicide and are investigating it as such, so I don't think it was any kind of accident, IMO.

KSP Trooper BJ Eaton said Gabby was discovered within 25 minutes due to the community’s quick efforts.

“With a case like this and the family of course and the folks of Allen County. With it being a rural close knit community like that, after Saturday Allen County is never going to be the same,” he said. “I have spoke to several people and they are just afraid for their families, especially until this guy is found.”

http://www.kmov.com/story/30534286/no-arrests-made-in-death-of-7-year-old-girl

Guy?

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 35m35 minutes ago
Heartbreaking Facebook post from the father of 7-year-old Gabriella Doolin who was killed in Scottsville @NC5

https://twitter.com/chrisconte/status/665995039957458945/photo/1

One more little angel flies up to where there are already so many, so many. Prayers for her family and for the people of Scottsville.

I googled Scottsville, and their population is less than 5,000. We can watch them band together as towns like this will -- they get together for good, fun things like the local football game, and now they will get closer for this truly horrible tragedy.

Google info states,

Scottsville is a home rule-class city in Allen County, Kentucky, in the United States. It is the seat of its county. The population was 4,226 during the 2010 U.S. Census.

https://www.google.com/search?newwi....0..3..0...1.1.64.hp..1.10.1430.0.B5vRFC9Vef0

I am not familiar with the term "home rule-class city." Does anyone know what it means? TIA.

More MSM info:

After the third announcement, a family friend says they quit the game and the entire community started looking for her.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...-old-girl-found-in-Scottsville-350052961.html

One more little angel flies up to where there are already so many, so many. Prayers for her family and for the people of Scottsville.

I googled Scottsville, and their population is less than 5,000. We can watch them band together as towns like this will -- they get together for good, fun things like the local football game, and now they will get closer for this truly horrible tragedy.

Google info states,

https://www.google.com/search?newwi....0..3..0...1.1.64.hp..1.10.1430.0.B5vRFC9Vef0

I am not familiar with the term "home rule-class city." Does anyone know what it means? TIA.

More MSM info:

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...-old-girl-found-in-Scottsville-350052961.html

Here some info:

http://www.klc.org/news/474/What_is_Home_Rule

If there were teams from different places there that day; Then obviously every attendee was not locals and could be long gone. Jmo

Did other teams arrive by buses that day.

Marking my spot again...
My .02 is that this was maybe committed by older kids or maybe a teen -- and the parents are keeping their mouths shut ?
Seems like it had to be someone she knew well enough to play hide-and-seek with ; or some game or person who lured her away ?
Did she like video or I-pad style games ?

Just speculating. But if they knew something-- it's a crime NOT to report it, correct ?

Also thinking if they know it's a homicide, she had visible injuries or was strangled, etc. :(
So this was no accident -- and the perp(s) cannot say it was. Thus, they are being quiet.

I feel for the ones investigating this --has to be very frustrating !

Hoping for justice soon.
:moo:

KSP Trooper BJ Eaton said Gabby was discovered within 25 minutes due to the community’s quick efforts.

“With a case like this and the family of course and the folks of Allen County. With it being a rural close knit community like that, after Saturday Allen County is never going to be the same,” he said. “I have spoke to several people and they are just afraid for their families, especially until this guy is found.”

http://www.kmov.com/story/30534286/no-arrests-made-in-death-of-7-year-old-girl

Guy?
I'm assuming they know this due to the yet unspoken SA. :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics