KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities are calling Gabriella's death a homicide and are investigating it as such, so I don't think it was any kind of accident, IMO.

Hi,I think they can say homicide and it be an accidental homicide.Someone murdered the little girl either by accident or on purpose.Homicide in my opinion does not necessarily mean on purpose.Does that make sense?

Kentucky Girl Gabriella Doolin's Death Being Treated as Homicide
NOV 16 2015, 8:59 AM ET

151116-gabriella-doolin-jpo-433a_98d0f705fc54fd1ff08f61dd944256bc.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

"The Medical Examiners Office in Louisville will be performing an autopsy to determine the exact manner and cause of death," the agency said, adding that the investigation "is being handled as a homicide."

Gabriella's tearful father Brian Doolin told WSMV that he would love to hold his daughter one more time.

"Hold those babies tight," he added.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-doolins-death-being-treated-homicide-n463991

:tears:

Just wanted to bring this adorable photo forward.....such a cutie.

Hi,I think they can say homicide and it be an accidental homicide.Someone murdered the little girl either by accident or on purpose.Homicide in my opinion does not necessarily mean on purpose.Does that make sense?

IIRC, there are four possible manners of death: homicide, suicide, accidental,or natural cause.

You can't murder someone by accident...

Legally murder is criminal, homicide is not always. Homicide can be criminal OR excusable/justifiable. Murder cannot. Murder is the intent to kill, with varying degrees. (Of course, there is also manslaughter.)

This is such a small town! I kind of hope this was not a local perp. It breaks my heart even more to think that more people in this small community are going to be devastated, in a more personal way, when the perp. is apprehended. It will be someone's son or even perhaps someone's husband. :( I don't think this was an accident. If it were an accident then it would have been discovered by now. No, I am afraid that this sweet little girl was brutally murdered by a sexually motivated monster. That just seems to be the way it almost always goes. :(

I need more. Was she wandering around. Who were they there too watch. Who was sitting next to them. And how long and when did mom part ways with her.

The story could have given a little more details. Like the girl went to the restroom and never came back or something while watching her brothers football game.

Was she cheerleading at the halftime or something or was she just there with mom. Idk. I guess we will find out.

Could she have gone over to see a friend in the stands, gotten confused on her way back and wandered off into the woods and fallen and seriously hurt herself -- hit her head? Certainly it looks like someone grabbed her, but it's possible that that didn't happen. Just thinking....

Sorry I'm late to the party -- just got here... I'll catch up.

You can't murder someone by accident...

Legally murder is criminal, homicide is not always. Homicide can be criminal OR excusable/justifiable. Murder cannot. Murder is the intent to kill, with varying degrees. (Of course, there is also manslaughter.)

I have only had 2 hrs. sleep so I an not explaining things correctly.Please excuse me,I will come back later.sorry for the mixed up post.

that's the only body of water I found behind the school that is within 400 yards of the stadium. It didn't look like a creek to me that's why I pointed it out.

Same here -- I googled-mapped and saw it, too. Was she just thrown in there by a scared kid? Did she slip & fall in and drown?

Could she have gone over to see a friend in the stands, gotten confused on her way back and wandered off into the woods and fallen and seriously hurt herself -- hit her head? Certainly it looks like someone grabbed her, but it's possible that that didn't happen. Just thinking....

I don't think so because she was familiar with this place. She was a cheerleader and her brothers played football. Also, it was dark. I think she would have at least stayed within the stadium if she had gotten separated from her family and friends. I could see her getting separated and turning to an adult or older child for help and then that person taking advantage of the situation, but I think it's more likely that someone intended to take her and lured her out in some way.

Police have stated it is a homicide and so I think it is highly unlikely to be a simple accident.

I think it's even a stretch to put it at manslaughter (eg negligence or reckless disregard causing unintentional death) when they are calling it a homicide although I guess that's possible.

I'm thinking this was a youth, someone Gabby was familiar with. Maybe a friend of
one of her older brothers?

I think Freesafety means that they think it was probably someone Gabrielle knew well.

yes, that's what I meant.

I had to read this three times because I couldn't get past free safety as a football position. "But a free safety would have been on the field... ?"

D'oh.

Haha, that's actually where my username comes from. FS was my position when I played. Always liked the idea of being "the last line of defense", so I've continued to use it on forums I belong to.

".... a search volunteer spotted her body in a wooded area on the edge of the Allen County Scottsville High School, about 400 yards from the school's football field where she was last seen alive, police said. "The area was a wooded areas but it wasn't a secluded area," Eaton said, which allowed her body to be found quickly."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/death-year-girl-missing-football-game-kentucky-ruled/story?id=35253388

Our local high school has fields that are used for a variety of sporting events. The HS is bordered by the fields, the highway, and a wooded area which begins well past the parking lot. The wooded area has some swampy areas and a boardwalk that was built for studying Biology. We attend events at the fields very often. If I heard that a child was missing, I would go straight to that wooded, swampy area. I am not surprised that Gabriella was found quickly. This could be an area where students hang out.

No...I don't think that could happen. This isn't that big of a field and she would have walked completely away from people and lights and noise, and walked to the very dark wooded area 400 ft. away..

There is a real tear jerker video at the following link. Also, this statement by the Sheriff:

“I cannot say a lot, but believe me we are trying to do everything within our boundaries, that is allowed, to bring this person to justice,” Sheriff Cooke wrote.

http://rare.us/story/while-at-a-foo...appeared-25-minutes-later-she-was-found-dead/

That seems like an odd statement to me. They are doing all they can within their boundaries. Is there something they could do that is not within their boundaries that would led them to the suspect? But, this is about justice, not just finding the perp. I don't know. Just sounded kind of weird to me.

This is such a small town! I kind of hope this was not a local perp. It breaks my heart even more to think that more people in this small community are going to be devastated, in a more personal way, when the perp. is apprehended. It will be someone's son or even perhaps someone's husband. :( I don't think this was an accident. If it were an accident then it would have been discovered by now. No, I am afraid that this sweet little girl was brutally murdered by a sexually motivated monster. That just seems to be the way it almost always goes. :(

I feel like this is a local perp. or someone familiar with the back property of the high school. Kids go back there, sneak out of the school and go, and also are taken back there as part of their classes. I don't think someone coming from another locality would know about that area. There is also the nature trail back there.

not sure, schmae...the cheer coach said they weren't in uniform. but since her brothers play in the league, we can probably assume she's a regular face on the field whether it be as a cheerleader or spectating sibling.

"witnesses interviewed" led LE to the creek. if there were witnesses how come no one saw anything? this was a very short window of time (if indeed she vanished only moments before LE was notified) and a very small search area. this was one (or more) BOLD perp(s) IMO to commit a crime and leave the body so close to the point of abduction. can anyone find a good link of the creek? I looked on google earth but don't see one. there's a pond/reservoir to the southwest of the campus. not sure if that's fed by or into the 'creek'. I'd like to know exactly how far away the football field is from the creek...TIA!!!

Using Google maps and its scale, it appears that the pond is approx. 500 feet from the football field, i.e., nowhere.
It still looks like it may have been an older student -- HS, maybe -- seems to me, and adult would have taken her away from there in a vehicle... JMO.

Jumping off - maybe she got confused finding her way back and someone offered to help her.

eta: Just read through all the posts about how she familiar with the place she was. Maybe someone else was lost?

I think it was someone she knew and trusted though. :(

Yes, it was a little league football game, her brother was playing in the game, mother reported her missing at 7:40pm, she was found in the creek at 8:05pm.

I want to welcome you, shinysleuth, and all of our new sleuthers who are with us in this case for little Gabby and her family. It so helpful to have locals help us out in these cases -- knowing big and little things that only those close could know.

We're glad you're here to help us find justice for this sweet little girl.
icon7.png

I feel like this is a local perp. or someone familiar with the back property of the high school. Kids go back there, sneak out of the school and go, and also are taken back there as part of their classes. I don't think someone coming from another locality would know about that area. There is also the nature trail back there.

I think so, too. Could you explain more about the area where she was found? I apologize if you have already done so. I may have missed it. But, we have read that she was found in a creek and also a pond. Is there an actual pond there? The area near our local HS looks similar to the photos I have seen taken near the area. I would call ours a wet, swampy area but some may call it a pond as there is standing water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay