KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's absolutely right -- 25 minutes is a very short time for certain events -- getting there (wherever "it" happened -- the assault, if one, and then the murder); and then going to the pond/creek and putting her body in the right place; during which watching and being careful to make sure no one is around; then getting a bit composed and going back to the game, perhaps, but going back via a different way than whence he/they came there. Then getting seated or back to where he/they were, and "acting normally." That all takes time. If there was blood, then a trip to the rest room, or something, had to occur as well. The scenario in the quoted post makes a lot of sense, and IMO is the only way it makes good sence. IMO.

Great post. They probably would take a round about way back.

What time are the feds coming in. This case will likely be tried somewhere else since a jury would be bias.

So they should have the feds looking at all the video footage from every phone and camera for the times in question. That way a suspect can't say he was never there at least. Jmo

And i would have hopped on the stadium golf cart as well to get across the open area and to the woods or creek quicker. So were there golf carts used in the search since no one had atvs at the moment to fly down the trails. Or to cross the 400 yard field.

Or was everyone that went that direction was headed on foot ?

I was wondering the same thing. I had seen some posts about someone going out on a golf cart but I don't know if that was speculation or not. I don't know how it is for the youth football games but I know for our high school games where I am, there's always an ambulance on stand-by parked near the field as well so I wonder if there were first responders already on the scene.

I was kind of surprised that they had sent her to Louisville for the autopsy and I was pretty impressed at the turn around time. I guess I just assumed they would have it done in Frankfort. Hopefully there was some kind of DNA recovered and sent to the crime lab, that could take some time though. Has KSP stepped in or is it being handled solely by the local department?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, there are four possible manners of death: homicide, suicide, accidental,or natural cause.

Not to split hairs, but in some jurisdictions there is also, formally, 'undetermined'.

I was wondering the same thing. I had seen some posts about someone going out on a golf cart but I don't know if that was speculation or not. I don't know how it is for the youth football games but I know for our high school games where I am, there's always an ambulance on stand-by parked near the field as well so I wonder if there were first responders already on the scene.

I was kind of surprised that they had sent her to Louisville for the autopsy and I was pretty impressed at the turn around time. I guess I just assumed they would have it done in Frankfort. Hopefully there was some kind of DNA recovered and sent to the crime lab, that could take some time though. Has KSP stepped in or is it being handled solely by the local department?

The golf cart was originally a theory of a possible means of how a perp could have lured her by giving her a ride on it for fun and then taken her to that isolated spot with the ruse of going on some adventure.

But some posters felt that a golf cart would have been too noticeable taking off across the open field near the school.

But I think that anyone walking with a kid would be just as noticeable in a open field heading towards the dark woods.

A little girl is not walking 400 yards that quick. So either she was carried or driven or their path wasn't viewable by others. Jmo

I wasn't sure how to ease into this, so I'll just say it. In my opinion, I believe it was one of two 'people'

1) A teenage brother of someone close to the family..like the brother of a friend. It could have been someone that everyone knew, and the tipster said "I saw her walking with so-and-so, and he was acting strange". So that tip lead to his house.

Or

2) When I think of scottsville, I think of bowling green. When I think of bowling green, I think of 'refugees'. Bowling Green is the place where two terrorists were arrested a few years back, after falsifying info to get into the USA and committing terroristic crimes. This is also the area where it was reported that we maaayyyy have accidently invited 15 or so bad eggs in.
Based on this statement:

“I cannot say a lot, but believe me we are trying to do everything within our boundaries, that is allowed, to bring this person to justice,” Sheriff Cooke wrote.

It makes me wonder if a refugee's arrest/detainment/protection etc. is somehow different than a US Citizen's.

*also..Louisville is where KY's FBI headquarters is located (her quick autopsy..)
It is also one of four regional facilities for forensic medical examiners

I definitely have a hard time believing that if there were some kind of struggle, nobody would have noticed. I don't think there was a struggle though and I do think people saw something and there's a person they're zeroing in on. I think it was either someone she knew or someone who was older but possibly not yet an adult. I live in a small county but came from a big city so the couple times I've gone to football games out here, I don't let my daughter out of my sight. However, I see a lot of young kids running around and playing near the stands and around the open areas and I understand the security that these parents feel in a way. There are times when I leave my doors unlocked when I leave to go somewhere. Unfortunately, things of this magnitude can happen anywhere and sometimes we forget.

Personally, I would think it were strange if I saw two people, one of them being a little kid, walk off into the wooded area but I'm thinking that's probably what happened. Even if there were an hour tops, that's enough time for something awful to happen. It's a prime spot too when you think about it because you're still close enough to hear what's happening on the field. I'm not sure how lit the area is but it would've been dark by then and if people were focused on the game, I could see it happening. I'm assuming every thing that happened, happened in that spot by the pond and that was picked for convenience. I don't know if the person got scared and realized how much trouble they were in and decided to kill her or if it was some kind of accident during the commission of some kind of assault or if they took her back there for the sole purpose of murdering her. Just typing these words and knowing the scenario's involve a little girl who had a whole life to live makes me sick to my stomach. Those parents will never be the same. Reading what her older brother said about her during the vigil broke my heart. It's sad that this little girl is going to be a cautionary tale for that community for years to come. Where I'm from, our turning point was the Ann Gotlieb case. I wasn't even born yet but her abduction was always the example given to me when talking about the dangers you could face as a little kid. It really changed the community, and that's what this little girl is going to do to this town. It's just really sad.

I wasn't sure how to ease into this, so I'll just say it. In my opinion, I believe it was one of two 'people'

1) A teenage brother of someone close to the family..like the brother of a friend. It could have been someone that everyone knew, and the tipster said "I saw her walking with so-and-so, and he was acting strange". So that tip lead to his house.

Or

2) When I think of scottsville, I think of bowling green. When I think of bowling green, I think of 'refugees'. Bowling Green is the place where two terrorists were arrested a few years back, after falsifying info to get into the USA and committing terroristic crimes. This is also the area where it was reported that we maaayyyy have accidently invited 15 or so bad eggs in.
Based on this statement:

“I cannot say a lot, but believe me we are trying to do everything within our boundaries, that is allowed, to bring this person to justice,” Sheriff Cooke wrote.

It makes me wonder if a refugee's arrest/detainment/protection etc. is somehow different than a US Citizen's.

*also..Louisville is where KY's FBI headquarters is located (her quick autopsy..)

Great post. Now I'm also bothered that it just so happened on the day where different out of town teams and visitors were there all day.

This wasn't your average home game. Now if there is a teen back in town from a juvenile facility; I would definitely check them out as well. But I doubt she would have went willingly.

Maybe it was a uncle of one of her friends or something that was visiting. Idk. I'm on pins and needles like everyone else.

I know. I actually used to work in a lab that would sometimes consult with one of the former CME's of Louisville. I'm surprised because I would've assumed they'd have sent her to Madisonville just because Louisville is so overwhelmed with cases. That's why I was impressed with the turnaround time.

This is so heartbreaking. First post on this case but my initial impression is similar to many others so I will try not to repeat too much. I think the person responsible is a male between the ages of 11-16. I think this was his first murder but not his first deviant behavior/act by any means. I think the person who did this has a history of harming animals, poor impulse control, maybe fire setting, etc (the typical signs we all have seen when a minor commits murder). I think the police are treading carefully because they also believe they know who the offender is, and he's a juvenile who has probably lawyered up if his parents have any idea or suspicions (which I believe they do). I am thinking an arrest Friday or late tomorrow night. Maybe I'm being naive but I think with visitation, funeral services, and burial concluding on Thursday, local LE will try to wait until after that unless there's some immediate need for the arrest to be made. I also wonder if it was a juvenile, could the parents attempted to have him hospitalized on a psychiatric hold....it's very late and I'm rambling but I have seen this in several cases involving minors.

Anyway, I will be very suprised if this is an adult.

This is so heartbreaking. First post on this case but my initial impression is similar to many others so I will try not to repeat too much. I think the person responsible is a male between the ages of 11-16. I think this was his first murder but not his first deviant behavior/act by any means. I think the person who did this has a history of harming animals, poor impulse control, maybe fire setting, etc (the typical signs we all have seen when a minor commits murder). I think the police are treading carefully because they also believe they know who the offender is, and he's a juvenile who has probably lawyered up if his parents have any idea or suspicions (which I believe they do). I am thinking an arrest Friday or late tomorrow night. Maybe I'm being naive but I think with visitation, funeral services, and burial concluding on Thursday, local LE will try to wait until after that unless there's some immediate need for the arrest to be made. I also wonder if it was a juvenile, could the parents attempted to have him hospitalized on a psychiatric hold....it's very late and I'm rambling but I have seen this in several cases involving minors.

Anyway, I will be very suprised if this is an adult.

Dr. Spencer Reid nor Aron Hotchner couldn't have profile that better. I think you are spot on about the perp may be young and has early on displayed possible signs of maybe outbursts, animal harming, arson, etc.

Good post.

Based on this statement:

Snipped.

I wouldn't imagine so - not in the case of a crime. I think the only time arrest/detainment is different is in the case of diplomats (and I'm not suggesting diplomat involvement).

I think that all the Sheriff was saying was "we're trying as hard as we can", but that's simply my opinion.

I wish locals who were actually at the game simply chime in on this thread for a basic q&a.

So we can get a better understanding of certain simple elements. Concerning game day. Jmo

http://wkrn.com/2015/11/16/medical-examiner-rules-ky-girls-death-homicide/

This article says she was found in a small creek behind the baseball field. It's a central location to 4 schools and right next to a parking lot. Mt. Carmel road is approx 17 minutes away from that location, and the tip was based on an eyewitness' interview. Someone must have recognized whoever it was she was walking with. Maybe they saw her with someone by the baseball field (which is not really connected to anything other than a smaller baseball field). That person was most likely living or staying at an address on Mt. Carmel, but hauled *advertiser censored* out of town. No way he's going back to that house...

Dr. Spencer Reid nor Aron Hotchner couldn't have profile that better. I think you are spot on about the per may be young and has early on displayed possible signs of maybe outbursts, animal harming, arson, etc.

Good post.

Thank you DexterMorgan (Love your user name), I think a lot of us are thinking the same thing I posted I just wanted to add in some of the more common behaviors exhibited by minors who commit murder. I guess I just feel very strongly about this and will be shocked if this is an adult. Not sure of the exact age range of the kids playing in the football game but I think this person is known to the family and is either an older sibling of one of Gabriella's friends, or an older sibling of one of her brothers friends/aquaintances, or a friend/aquaintances of the brother, maybe a neighbor, someone familiar. I hope I'm not coming off as too cold in this post, because normally I'm the complete opposite but I have just had it with the horrors our innocent children are subjected to. I think the arrest is going to add to the immense pain the community is already in because i really think it's a minor, which adds a dynamic that can be extra confusing and painful, especially for families and peers to wrap their heads around when they are still trying to process such a horrible tragedy and death. I think the next few days will be all about honoring and remembering gabbys life and then we will see and/or hear more about her killer.

My guess is teenager with sociopath tendency.

I figure it's either a teenager, or someone experienced who is escalating quickly. I hope they find the person quickly!

Whoever did it would have been seen while heading back while people were heading out to search. Unless they took off to home immediately or back tracked an unseen route. Or was back before the search even begun. Jmo

This person had to be solo at the event. Or their friends or family don't want to give them up. Especially if they are related to a Leo. Jmo

Btw. If the person on Mt Carmel is a monster. Then it's likely that most people would assume they seen gabby with the monster.

But sometimes witnesses are not always reliable. So this could also be why LE is not sure that the Mt Carmel resident is the suspect. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14